October 31, 2014 | 1087 users online

Top/Base Coats - Revlon - quick dry base coat

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2014 7:53:00 PM More reviews by belskihatesyew

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this base coat!!! I originally was going to buy an OPI base coat but David Jones was sold out so I popped into Priceline and grabbed this one. I'm amazed at how long my manicure lasted - 7 days! Even then it was only very slightly chipped on the edges of some nails at the end of this - some were still flawless. Normally my nails chip or peel only after a day or two. I used it with an OPI polish and Poshe topcoat from eBay.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2013 7:51:00 PM More reviews by ninambryant

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this product, dries fast and my manicure lasted for a week. I am confused by the reviews below , my nails are prone to peeling and I've had no problems with this product. I wear nail polish regularly and this is he best base and top coat I've ever used. I am sticking with them.

One note: in the picture listed for this product it has a yellow tint. The bottle I have, the base coat is white and the bottle is matte. I am wondering if there has been a recent formula change. My bottle is clearly marked quick dry base coat.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2013 10:00:00 PM More reviews by satin828

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I love both the Quick Dry Top Coat and Base Coat. The Top Coat has really good MUA reviews, but I'm sad to see that the Base Coat doesn't. I think they're definitely comparable in terms of quality and price. I paid $4 CAD for each bottle, and I'm on my 3rd Base Coat bottle and 5th Top Coat bottle.

Some reviewers experienced bubbles with this base coat, but I haven't had such problems during the 3 years that I've been using this product. Instead, I get a very even and smooth base for nail polishes. The polish lasts at least 1 week with the base and top coats. I can wear dark polishes without worrying about dark colours staining my nails. Also, the polish tends to stay better on my nails - it doesn't peel off unless I leave the polish for longer than 1.5-2 weeks, which is usually when I remove the polish and re-do my nails. However, my manicures still chip and crack after 1 week. I'm not sure if there's any product that remain chip- and crack-resistent for longer than that. If you do, please let me know!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/6/2013 11:12:00 PM More reviews by productjunkie97

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

Not the best base coat I've ever used. I bought it because it was on sale and I wanted to try something new. This base coat did not prevent colors from staining my nails as if I hadn't used a base coat and it caused my nails to peel even more than I'm used to. I also did not feel as if this made my polish last any longer or prevent chipping. I would not buy this again or recommend it to a friend.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/4/2013 6:18:00 PM More reviews by lizardfield

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This does a great job at keeping my polish on but it seems to be drying my nails out. They're starting peeling a lot, even after I started using nail and cuticle cream. It's staying power doesn't justify the damage it's been doing to my nails.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/17/2013 8:26:00 AM More reviews by izumilove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is an awful product. It made my nails peel, something which I have never experienced before! It didn't make my manicure last any longer than normal and additionally... it caused bubbles! I hate bubbles! It also was somewhat pricey. I really dislike this product, I do not think I will use it ever again. Even the cheap as chips BYS base coat works better.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2013 8:21:00 PM More reviews by KGirl24

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is my favorite base. It dries quickly and my nail polish definitely lasts longer when I use this base underneath.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/3/2013 1:42:00 PM More reviews by Brightji

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Was an awful purchase for me. It has a vile smell uncommon for nail polish and it remains there for the remainder of the wear. I like Revlon's quick dry top coat, so I expected this to be similar, but it is terrible - my nails chip much faster when I use this base coat - in chunks. It is not cheap in the UK, around $11, so I'm disappointed with it.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/26/2013 2:58:00 PM More reviews by florenceinitaly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Was looking for a normal base coat that didn't cost me an arm and a leg, I needed something to help prevent staining on my nail bed when I used dark colors.

It does seem to make my nail polish last longer before the first chip, but does not help with staining. Not sure if it's related but it also seems to cause bubbles after I apply my nail polish.

Would not purchase again

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2013 9:24:00 AM More reviews by groovysahar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've tried a few base coats - including OPI that was extremely expensive - and this one is absolutely the best.
It's simple: whenever I use it - my nail polish doesn't chip for 4-5 days. When I use a different base coat (nail and top coat are the same) - it starts chipping after 2 days.
Really great stuff, better than anything else I've tried.