April 16, 2014 | 1810 users online

Top/Base Coats - Revlon - colorstay top coat

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2014 9:53:00 PM More reviews by JordanGalore

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Dark, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Rave review for the Colorstay Gel-Shine top coat. In conjunction with it's base coat, these two are amazing at keeping polish on my fingers for at least a week. My previous top coats (Seche Vite, OPI, Essie etc.) couldn't keep polish on my nails for more than 2 days. Now although this top coat does not dry fast (this is not a claim, which is why I gave it 5 stars), it dries at a medium speed and seals the color(s) beautifully. It doesn't seem to smudge my designs either, which is a plus. The formulation and brush are great and you can't beat the price. These revlon nail products have made their way into my staple nail care routine and I highly recommend them.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2014 1:24:00 AM More reviews by ckb

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is my favorite top coat so far that is drugstore priced. It leaves my polish shiny and beautiful. Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2014 12:50:00 PM More reviews by marybob

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Silver, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

This did not call out to me immediately as it is not a quick dry formula. However it does dry in a medium amount of time and considering the outcome it's worth a little extra care. I get much better wear when I use this. I use the base coat version as well and paint whatever brand I choose for the color. The wide brush is great and the one downside is bubbling on occasion.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/18/2013 8:30:00 PM More reviews by Katyby

I got the gel shine top coat but I don't know if there is a difference. Overall this is a good topcoat. I use my hands a lot as I work in retail so I have a hard time making polish last. However I do have two major complaints.. The first is that it is very slow drying. When I put it on hours later I wake up with sheet marks. I also find it gets dented easily days later. My other complaint is that if your polish isn't completely dry it pulls the color. I tried to seal my tips and it worked but the polish got into the bottle of topcoat and I had let the polish dry for 20 minutes before applying the topcoat. Not the best but not bad for the price.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2013 11:33:00 AM More reviews by kupo_baby

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This is the top coat that goes with the "gel" base coat.

I haven't used this without the base coat but it's awesome when it's paired together. I can go 5 days without chips or tip wear. Very impressive

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2013 11:20:00 AM More reviews by lisaxlove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

NOT A QUICK DRY TOP COAT!!

I got the Gel Shine top coat to try with the Gel Smooth base coat. This is just as great! I use this and then top with a quick dry top coat. Amazing!! Super shiny! Dry time is slow if you don't have a QDTC to put on top. But it is great otherwise! Love love love!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2013 7:16:00 PM More reviews by merkakis

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

This should not be confused with a quick dry top coat. It is not! I use this top coat after I put my last coat of nail polish, but before I put on my quick dry top coat. Doing it this way, seals the polish and prevents shrinkage from the quick dry top coat. In my experience, it significantly prevents chipping. I have noticed that if I don't use this product out of laziness, my mani doesn't last as long, regardless of the base coat or top coat used. The consistency stays smooth and does not thicken with time, the brush is excellent and covers the nail well. Overall, highly recommend this!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/19/2013 3:54:00 PM More reviews by XxFreshMintxX

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This top coat is actually not that bad at all. Itz not fast drying, so it does take a bit longer to dry. But I adore the shine it provides, people thought I had a gel manicure when I used this. It also doesn't chip easily, itz like it puts a shield on your nails. There's no strong scent to it either! However, when it comes to nail art, if you aren't extremely careful with this top coat, your nail art will smudge. Because of that, I only use this top coat on my toes or to clean out my stained nail art brushes (since it not fast drying).

rated 1 of 5 on 8/19/2013 2:17:00 PM More reviews by meghandolores

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

I so badly wanted to love this top coat, but it just doesn't work with my nails, no matter how many chances I give it. It never fully dries, causing the polish to constantly dent. It applies sticky and bubbles like crazy. The price is great compared to my all-time favorite polish, Seche Vite, and the packaging is excellent, so sleek, glossy looking and eye catching. I've never had a problem with any of Revlon's products, my nails just don't like this top coat's formula.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2013 10:31:00 AM More reviews by misanders

This along with colorstay base coat has been great for my nails. They are stronger and growing long. The only negative I see is it takes longer for my nails to dry with this. Considering every other top coat has dried my nails and made them peel, I'll take a little longer for them to dry. Will keep buying this product.