October 20, 2014 | 2053 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Eccentricity Mineral Eyeshadow Quad

rated 1 of 5 on 10/28/2013 12:49:00 AM More reviews by addikted

Quite possibly the worst MAC product I've come across..what was I thinking.

One lippy granted for colour combination which 'should' look amazing. That's it, the rest is terrible.

And, after getting this home, I remembered why I buy eyeshadow colours individually, or at least separated in their own pans.. What a mess this thing is going to be after the colours end up over each other. Glittery, messy waste of money.

Color Craft 2009 LE eyeshadow quad:
- Major fallout, despite trying various brushes..it ends up down my face.
- Poor colour pay-off. Again, tried and tried, but it's just not great eyeshadow. Depth of colours in pan do not translate when applied.
- Price for this rubbish is a joke
- Colours look nice in the packaging and should work well together - if only I could get the stuff to stay on my eyelids.
- the gold shade looks promising, but applied looks yellowy and glittery.
- NOT a put-together look. More like scary teen makeup. Oh MAC you have failed me, ain't nothing crafty about this Color Craft eyeshadow, except maybe how on earth you managed to get me to part with what must've been AUD$50 ? Whatever it cost, it was a waste of money. I would've been better off buying a few individual e/s.

Will try this one last time, with eye primers and the works, but I think it's just going to be one bad purchase. If I can get it to work, I'll update.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2010 7:28:00 PM More reviews by LauraJean396

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

If I could repurchase this I would. These colors are so nice together. They arent the MOST pigmented, but I think that is why I like this. Its super easy. Just pop it in your makeup bag for travel. It is SO nice to not have to bring a big bulky palette. This takes up little to no room and all the colors work so well together. It isnt what you see is what you get, but I was pleasantly suprised.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2009 1:13:00 AM More reviews by suzannaelektra

I think this eyeshadow quad is just OK. I use the light brown and the darker purple a lot but haven't touched the gold. really. Colour pay off is Ok, not the best, but it works better when I use a sponge brush. Nothing too exciting about this quad. I prefer their regular eyeshadow over their mineral ones.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2009 10:05:00 PM More reviews by niclyf

I really wanted to love this quad, but it just flat out didn't grab me even after giving it more than one chance. The colors look stunning in the compact, but just failed to wow me once applied. There is very little color payoff to this, it's mostly just shimmer at best. I tried using it wet, which just made more of a catastrophe out of it, rendering the texture even worse than dry. MAC's quality seems to be all over the place in recent years, and while I had high hopes for this, it was just a big fat fail. This sadly went right back to Macy's in return for something useable.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2009 5:12:00 AM More reviews by pinkbrush

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is the first mineralized eye shadow product I have ever bought from MAC, so I didn't really know what to expect, I was expecting really great shadows, but I just got alright shadows. I bought this quad and none of the others because this one stood out to be the most because of the lovely purples in here, the gold and the brown/plumy colour in here. The colours are really nice still, swatch fine, but on the eyes they are harder to work with than regular mac shadows and gritty. The gold is probably the worst because it's just chunks and not solid shadow. The dark purple and brown are pretty good. Overall, I don't think I will be buying MES from MAC again, they are expensive and I'd much rather just pick up some shadows instead.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2009 4:43:00 AM More reviews by katushka37

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This must be the worst MAC product I've tried.

Texture: very gritty
Colour: Very pale and not as impressive as other MAC eye shadows. I had to wet brush to get some decent amount of colour
Staying power: Not that great, it falls out fairly quickly

Overall the quality was unlike MAC at all, I've paid $44 AUD but got something I could pick up for $5!

I ended up returning it and picking up two other eye shadows Style Snob and Smoke and Dimond, can't wait to try them out as they get goos reviews.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/10/2009 4:56:00 PM More reviews by AthleticTrainer

Let me first start by describing the Eccentricity mineral eye shadow quad. It contains 4 colors: a gold, a light purpley/lavender, a true purple, and a deep plummy/brown color. I love to use the light purpley/lavender color on the first 1/2 of my eye lid, the true purple on the outer 1/2 of my eye lid, the plummy/brown color in my crease and outer-v, and the gold on the inner corner of my eye! I then add eyeliner and I have and really pretty look where the color can be adjusted for day or night, depending on the method used to apply the shadows. I thought that I was going to return the 3 mineral eye shadow quads that I purchased from the Colour Craft collection. These mineral eye shadow quads have HORRIBLE glitter fall out!! I tried using them dry, wet, patting and no blending, etc... I finally figured out how to minimize the fall out. I use my NYX jumbo eye shadow pencils in Milk, Lavender, or Purple. I choose which one to use depending on the intensity of the color that I want. These bases are very sticky so that the eye shadows adhere better. I do experience some fall out, but that is easily fixed. These mineral eye shadow quads are available for a limited time from your local MAC counter or on maccosmetics.com for $19.50.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/2/2009 2:54:00 PM More reviews by TeresaTwilight

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really, really dislike this product. I got my hopes up so high while waiting in the queue to pay for it, and when I got home and tried it, I was sorely disappointed.

The color pay-off is next-to-nothing and I really had to dig my brush in there to get anything apart from random bits of glitter. A friend recommended using it wet, and when I did the color finally came out BUT even though I used it with UDPP (best primer for me) the color wore off during the day and all that was left was a very light imprint of what was there in the morning when applied.

Another thing I really didn't like was the fallout. I've tried various times to try to prevent fallout but every time I've ended up with glitter down my face leaving me looking like a vampire from Twilight in the sun.

Another turn-off was the price. I justified it at the till, but after using it I can't believe it was quite a lot of money for such a rubbish eyeshadow.

The way the eyeshadow is set out looks really good and really nice, but its just not practical. The size of my light gold color is a little over the size of my 239 brush. And, after use a few times, I was trying to imagine how it would look when its nearly run down...and it would look like a complete mess.

The only thing I like about this eyeshadow is the colors. The light gold color is gorgeous, and paired with the dark bronze color, it really brings out my eyes. The purples are nice too, but after putting them on my lid, they looked almost identical.

Overall, a bad product that money shouldn't be wasted on.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/31/2009 12:04:00 PM More reviews by lacocina

surprisingly....im not a fan
i thought i would be...i really did
the dark purple and taupe-ish colour were nice
the gold was overly shiny. i dont know how the heck anyone can use that colour.

also i found that the color payoff wasnt that great and i wasnt a fan of the texture. i have the play on plums mineralize eyeshadow which i LOVE so its not that i dont understand how mineralize eyeshadows work

going to return this one and get something else....

overall it's not horrible but i would rather spend the money on something i really want to use

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2009 10:48:00 PM More reviews by MissLindseyTay

Beautiful quad! Love the purples and the colors go great together. Putting the gold in the center of the lid really gives the colors a pop!