November 22, 2014 | 1967 users online

Stick - Avon - Ideal Shade Mousse Foundation Stick [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2013 8:25:00 PM More reviews by Tdiamond

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Love this product!! I hate that it is discountinued. I have it in nude and it works great on my fair skin. Great light smooth creamy texture with medium coverage. I like alittle fuller coverage but I prefer more than most. This is great to throw in your purse for touch ups. It can still be found on eBay I wish Avon would bring it back as it is one of their better foundations. If you want a convenient portable product for good coverage on the go--try this out if you can find it. Better than most stick foundations I have tried.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/1/2010 7:47:00 AM More reviews by 1Tanya

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This foundation doesn't work for me at all. I have it in Ivory and it looks too yellow on me. Not just yellow toned, yellow. It has medium to high coverage, so it's very obvious when I put it on my face, it doesn't blend with my natural skintone at all. It's a mousse foundation, so it feels smooth and thin, but it sets into the skin and makes any imperfection even worse. Large pores look obvious, small dry patches around my nose look even worse, acne is covered but it looks cakey. I use long lasting foundations and usually have no problem removing them. With this I could still see the residue on my skin after washing it with a mild cleanser and toner (I had to use a cleansing mask to make my skin feel clean again) This stuff is just too heavy and cakey. I would recommend this, if you have smooth skin but want medium coverage.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2010 2:47:00 PM More reviews by rebeccameredith

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

I LOVE this stick foundation. It's the perfect blend of creamy but good coverage without being sticky (no pun) or hard to blend. It stays on well and so portable for touch ups. unfortunately, i looked at their site (avon.com) to order another stick , and it's not on there at all. Even though this product gets excellent reviews from most customers on their site and here. Don't know whats up with that. So if you love this, email Avon or let your rep know that you want this back in their line of foundations.
    I have this in several colors to go thru the seasons. Right now I wear Honey which is NC/NW 40

rated 4 of 5 on 2/12/2010 11:07:00 AM More reviews by redkitten

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a good-decent product from Avon ,u got the quality u pay for it.
    I took this product becouse i had cystic accnee..all my face was clean just one cyst ..somewhere on my face.I can't waer all the time make up all over the face just for one pimple,so i decide to use this product.
    I use the light shade,the texture is creamy..too creamy for what i want it..but at least is longlasting formula.
    I use this 2-3times per week..just to cover same cysts marks..or pimples..redness and sometimes i also apply powder on top..but very rare.I dont like foundation or powder for day wear.
    Soo using it just 2-3time per week it will last..more then 6 mounths.I think it ll go under expiration date before to finish the all stick.
    Maybe i will rebuy it but for moment i will like to try also other products from other brands.
    I took one lipie becouse of the runny-creamy texture.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2010 1:36:00 AM More reviews by petitepoire

this is one of my favorite foundations! not quite HG though only because i've tried many Avon and/or mark foundations in the past and i always have a hard time finding the right color because i'm always in between their colors. it's always too orange or too light. i hate the limited color range of their foundations but for once, this one was a pretty good match! I got this in Creamy Natural. I'm a Mac NC25 for reference and i have combo skin with oily t-zone and acne prone. This did not make me more oily or break me out, so i'm happy :). and i tend to not like foundations that have too much silica and this one has silica a little further down the list. so it doesn't feel too slippery/jelly-like some of foundations that have too much silica do(i'm talking to you Revlon mineral mousse, that was just gross and pore clogging). it gives a nice natural finish. so my skin looks radiant but not too shiny or shimmery. it's a nice break from matte foundation. it's a great foundation for travel too. it blends really easily and very easy to work with. you could easily just use your fingers, but i like using my Sonia Kashuk synthetic flat top blush brush with it to give that airbrushed finished. overall, love this but not HG only cuz it's so hard to find a good color match with Avon. i got lucky with this one. just give it a try. luckily with my other Avon foundations, Avon is really good about returns. And their customer service is really nice about sending you different shades in hopes one will match.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2010 6:07:00 PM More reviews by asian_vixen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I can't believe that i didn't review this yet! this is my go to concealer/ foundation in one. it is perfect for "no makeup" days, so i just swipe it and blend. i am NC 35 and sand beige is the perfect color. it is yellow enough for me which is really great and have not found a foundation that close of a match than this! what is so awesome is that Avon has these sales and i picked up two for cheap! it is very similar to Loreal's quickstick foundation which i cannot find anywhere so this is a good replacement! Have repurchased a couple of times already and although staying power is not that all great which you need to reapply at times. UPDATE: have given up on cream type foundation because after a while it cakes up and since i am really oily at the end of the day, it slides off! i have moved on to heavier coverage ones such as EL Doublewear...

rated 4 of 5 on 1/27/2010 9:03:00 AM More reviews by AmandaPayge

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is one of my favorite foundations. I don't like a thick coat of foundation on my face. I mainly use it to cover any redness or puffiness and blend it out. This blends easily and the coverage is exactly what I need. It's not thick and uncomfortable like a lot of stick or pancake foundations. It's also great for traveling since there isn't a bottle to break.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2010 5:21:00 PM More reviews by sl40

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Finally a foundation that hasn't messed my red flaky itchy nose into a nightmare. Most sticks are too dry but I just love the convienance, my skin just doesn't. This was on sale for 5.99 and I thought why not? It's goes on beautifully over my Vanicream and evens out my skin without tearing it up. It lasts all day and II don't have to put powder on top. Love, love, love it!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2010 7:08:00 PM More reviews by MrsLayneStaley

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a great product for such a low price (4.99 in the outlet). It's very creamy, easy to apply..unlike most sticks which are generally very dry.
    I am very fair w/ yellow undertones and I use the 'Nude' shade. I find their 'Ivory' shades to be more suitable for pink undertones. I would describe this as medium to full coverage. It sets to a nice satin finish and lasting power is a good 8-10 hrs. I realize that Avon isn't very popular on MUA, but this is a wonderful product, esp. if you loved Max Factor or L'Oreal sticks, which are now dc'd. (Will update if I have any neg. reactions to this;)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2009 3:24:00 AM More reviews by chelleywhite

This is a decent stick foundation, but I always choose to use my Max Factor Panstick over this one. I have normal skin and I find the Avon stick to be a little drying over the course of the day (I don't use powder over it), so perhaps it would suit a more oily complexion. I have it in shell (very fair with a pinky undertone) which I use on my eyes, nude (fair-light with slight yellow undertone) for my face and soft honey (medium caramel brown) which I use for contour. Avon's shade selection beats Max Factor's, but in terms of blendability, finish, price and moisturisation, Max Factor wins.