October 23, 2014 | 1307 users online

Polishes - Nailene - Pearl White French Tip Pen

rated 1 of 5 on 7/17/2014 11:29:00 PM More reviews by TheGingerSnap

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Chasing after the perfect diy french manicure can be troublesome, but this product will prove to be of no assistance. I really wanted this product to work...
I love french manicures. They are classy, timeless, and go with everything. So, I decided on a whim to give this product a try. The pen applicator is handy, but the liquid itself is quite watery and runny, which can make a neat clean white line nearly impossible to get. You would be better off applying the french tip with a normal bottle of white nail polish.
Furthermore, it chips and peels like crazy. Even when a top coat is applied over it, the white still peels off. Good luck getting a single day of wear-and-tear out of this product.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/25/2014 1:41:00 PM More reviews by Collyermum

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Wish I'd read the reviews here before buying this product! The colour is horrible, a weird silver/white, even after two coats its still not even, and its very hard to control putting it on the nails. I bought the pen because I expected it to be easier than a brush but its actually harder! Awful product in just about every way!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/2/2014 2:47:00 PM More reviews by foryoursmile

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Using the pen itself wasn't too difficult, the instructions state to give it a vigorous shake then push down on a surface till the tip becomes saturated in polish. The technique was a little tricky but once I got the hang of dotting it along my nail tips I was fine, not the neatest look but it worked. One of my problems is with the color itself. I meant to pick up just a plain white pen, but ended up with the pearl white instead, woops. I didn't think it would look so bad however, I am reallly not fond with the color of this. The pearliness is so off-setting it just doesn't make my manicure look decent. I mean perhaps it may work if I paint my nails with another color to compliment it before using this but..I am not too enthused to try using it again soon. My pen also came with a mini top coat bottle to use afterwards. Now this one was total rubbish, despite giving a couple coats to nails and allowing ample time to dry my french nail tips still chipped away insanely easily while going about my day. The packaging and idea of this product seems nice, but perhaps a normal white color and better topcoat would make me love it.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/24/2012 2:51:00 PM More reviews by Maquillage33

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I was at a friends party when I used this, we had a bit of a pamper session, you know doing our nails and stuff, so I tried this out because I saw my friend who was throwing the party had it on,(although hers had chipped alot) so I tried it out, and it was not a nail polish. It didnt look like one, it didn't smell like one and it certainly didn't go on your nail like one, it was really watery and nothing like a nail polish. It was practically a pen. The tip was easy to use I must admit, but I put it on my nail, let it dry and it chipped right off!!! This is a very VERY bad product, do not buy!!!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/3/2011 2:42:00 PM More reviews by DCookiemonster25

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I do not like the tip, sometime it comes out watery. ehh....

rated 1 of 5 on 6/24/2010 12:21:00 PM More reviews by Farheen

This product is horrible! Don't they test these before putting them out in the market!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2010 5:32:00 PM More reviews by almond_leaves

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Black

I find it difficult to control the pen when applying to my right hand using my left. But even when applying to my left, this pen releases product unevenly, so I end up with varying thickness over the tips, which later when am done will chip off easily leaving empty spots.

I keep my pen upright so any product will leak back into the pen instead of drying up in the tip.

I prefer Bourjois' French Manucure Nail Tip Whitener to this one.

Won't repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2009 9:08:00 PM More reviews by kassandraamelaniiee

Ergh, I originally loved this product. Now i regret buying it.

The first time i used this, it worked perfectally. My tips were amazing, and they did not chip until a week later. However, thats because the applicator on the tip was completely clean and clear of dried nail polish. Now, because of the stuff being dried there, and un-removable, i cannot use this pen since the nail polish wont come out properly.

If i remove the applicator tip, then i can still use the polish inside, but thats such a hassle, and destroys the point of it being a nail tip pen.

Also, horrible color selection. They only have this in a pure white, and this pinky color..

rated 4 of 5 on 7/12/2009 3:53:00 PM More reviews by starablaze

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This french tip pen goes on quite easily...much more so than 'Sally Hansen's Nail Art Pen' (fine tipped and rubbery like a 'Wite-Out Pen').
The tip is sort of like a very stiff sponge.
I applied it to the tips of all my nails, then added 2 coats of a clear top coat. (I had to scrape off some access white from my nails as I applied it, to shape the tips, but It wasn't too difficult...and I'm pretty bad at doing my own nails lol)
They didn't start chipping until almost a week later.
My only problem with this product is that it's kind of a silvery white...it was the only color they had at the store.
(I purchased from Wal-mart for about $4)