September 23, 2014 | 1086 users online

Concealers - Origins - Quick, Hide! Easy blend concealer

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 7/25/2014 3:05:00 AM More reviews by Suki1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Blue

After reading lots of great reviews for this concealer I was really eager to give it a try. I have very dark shadows under my eyes plus I have lots of fine lines. I found this concealer lasted very long and did a decent job of concealing the darkness under the eyes. I doesn't pool into the fine lines either. What it does do though is "crack" at every line under the eyes, after just a few minutes of normal facial expression. So instead of having the concealer pool into the fine lines, every fine line causes a crack in the concealer. After looking in the mirror half an hour after application I looked a right mess! OK, so maybe I was using too much concealer, so I tried again numerous times, using less every time, until I might as well go without. Still no good. It still a“makes a crack at every line which ends up looking worse than if the concealer pools into them a bit. If you have a few very fine lines or non at all this concealer can do a good job, but if you have a spiders web under the eyes, forget it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2013 10:41:00 PM More reviews by katieturtle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

LOVE LOVE LOVE! I'm still trying to find a new drugstore concealer because this is dang expensive for a pretty natural coverage concealer. nw20 = light/medium

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2013 7:14:00 AM More reviews by Walko

This is a really good concealer .Dosen't cake or look heavy, very natural on.I'm 56 , so I can't use anything that's going to settle into lines under eyes and this dosen't.There are loads of concealers that will cover darkness, but getting concealers for under eyed mature skin can be tricky. This one actually does the trick. I don't see a problem with the colours as others have mentioned..I have it in light/medium as recommended to me by the SA.I'm nw 15/20 in mac.The light /medium is more pink toned than the light (more yellow)But the light/medium or no 2 looks very natural and skin like on .I don't like the sponge applicator, would far prefer a tube, but I like the end result so much I would buy again. At £12, it's not too exspensive.This is one of the best for mature skin in my opinion. I've tried dior sculpt, EL doublewear, Lancome Maqicomplet, to name a few and the origins is the best of the bunch for my mature skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2013 1:22:00 AM More reviews by lillyxd

This is my HG concealer. I have been using this product since I was 15 and I'm 22 now....dang thats 7 years!!!!! I use this product in the Medium shade. What I like about this concealer is that it blends away perfectly and it hides my under eye circles. This product is great for young skin and it never breaks me out!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/15/2013 11:16:00 AM More reviews by tmomo

This concealer is like no other that I've ever tried, and I have tried many! I love that it's so easy to blend and stays in place all day. I would say that it offers solid medium coverage. It never creases and is one of the only concealers that I've found that doesn't need to be set with powder. In these ways, it is the great.... Unfortunately, the colors are terrible for yellow-based skin tones like mine (NC25/NC30). All the shades dry darker and way to pink to wear under the eye. I usually wear light-medium shades, but in this concealer my under eye area ended up a very unnatural pinkish/whitish color (even with a sheer application). The light shade dried slightly less pink, but even more white. I ended up buying the medium shade which dried to a darker and unfortunately slightly grayish tone. I so wanted to find a shade that would work for me because this concealer sits so beautifully on the skin, but unfortunately I couldn't. I had to return this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2012 9:10:00 PM More reviews by tswizzle2102

LOVE IT!!! This concealer is just THE BOMB!!! my first concealer ever to purchase and my favorite... Doesn't break me out, covers great, great for hiding blemishes and dark circles.... I love love LOVE it, the only thing i dont like is i got a little darker shade than i am so there is like little dots of orange here in there, but dont make the mistake I did, but the product is great for only $20, i have had it for almost a year and still have NOT ran out! definitely a good product.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/24/2012 9:12:00 PM More reviews by shumster

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

Lasting power was great but it was WAY too pink for an under-eye concealer. Even worse for my yellow skin tone. I returned it. My search for a longwear under-eye concealer continues...

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2012 12:43:00 PM More reviews by amanda311

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

HG! HG! HG! I couldn't be happier with this concealer. Shade 2 Light/Medium is pretty much the exact color of my skin. Other people may find the range of shades a bit narrow, but for most people I know who wear concealer could probably find a match. I paid $16 and change for this after tax, so the product itself is only around $15 which is amazing for the quality and the amount. The lack of questionable ingredients is what drove me to it, although I had been using paraben-free Amazing Concealer before in Light Golden, which I found was great but lacked lasting power (and at $33 for the travel size the packaging of which cracked around the tip I can't bring myself to repurchase, unless they make the tube better).
This concealer dries matte a tad darker than it comes out of the tube so extra-fair beware. It covers any and all hyperpigmentation on my face with one application. I dab the doe foot applicator to the tip of a sanitized finger and apply it that way, to keep things hygenic. I find the heat from my own skin helps this blend better than a sponge. The formula does not highlight dryness at all, but rather improves my dry patches over a day of wear. The color so seamlessly blends with my skin that I can just wear this without foundation, even though my routine usually consists of at least some BB cream under it. Can't say too much how it would fare on undereye circles since I don't have bad ones and use Benefit Erase Paste under my eyes and on my lids if they look a little veiny. I imagine the formula wouldn't cause dryness on me though, since it seems to repel dryness on my blemishes and around my nostrils. Overall, I'm loving this concealer and if I ever finish it would buy again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2012 8:27:00 AM More reviews by domokun_nyc

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I needed a new concealer and wanted a liquid with doe foot/foam tip applicator. I'd used that type in the past and been relatively happy. More recently, I'd been experimenting with sticks and solids and twist-up brush styles and none really worked for me -- too orange, too dry or hard to blend or cakey, or whatever. I also needed a concealer that worked well for zits and blemishes, rather than for under eye circles. Paula B had the Origins as a pick so I gave it a shot. Perfection! I use 01 Light and it blends into my skin and looks natural while covering up zits and scars. I mostly use it on my chin. This blends so well with my skin tone that there are days I can just put some powder over it and be done -- no need for foundation. The tube/brush packaging is great, although sometimes the applicator kind of jumps out of the tube, like there's some air pressure forcing it out. I got this in the US and since I knew it would be hard to find at home, after a few days testing it out, I bought a second tube. Price was $15 plus tax which is starting to get up there for a tube of concealer compared to the cheapest drugstore brands, but this is so beyond those that it's worth it. HG.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/15/2012 4:24:00 PM More reviews by JaninaGirl

(review from 2008) Go one shade lighter than you think you should. This is a great concealer but it does dry a bit darker. (the light shade turns slightly orange) I tend to get red spots around my chin and on my forehead that stick around for way too long. This concealer is perfect for covering them. I don't even use foundation, and it looks natural. And it stays! Not that great as an under-eye concealer, but perfect for everything else.

UPDATE (as of 2011): They have re-formulated this. I still like it, but does not blend as flawlessly as before. The finish is still matte, but super natural looking. It still dries slightly darker too, which is a problem for me this time. Once it dries it does not match my skin the way it used to. Wish the colors were not so limited, but would still recommend it.