July 28, 2014 | 2011 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Make Up For Ever - HD Microperfecting Primer in 7 Pink

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2013 7:57:00 AM More reviews by jesstrixie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Bought this as a present for myself, lol. I knew I wanted one of the MUFE primers and when I went to Sephora the girl completely sold me on this one when she told me it'd make my skin look like a doll's. I'm not QUITE sure about that, but I do love it. It feels so light and smooth going on, brightens up my skin and holds my thick Illamsqua rich liquid foundation on ALMOST all day. (My skin gets oily towards the end of the day.)

While I do really like this product but I don't know if I can be sucked in to spending another 40 euros on a primer. I might buy it again in the future, but right now I just cannot afford it. :(

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2013 1:04:00 AM More reviews by AnEnglishRose

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is amazing! It made my foundation last all day without needing touch ups or blotting. It evened out my complexion and made it brighter. And it hasn't irritated my skin in the least!

I've been wary of colored primers since I tried L'Oreal's drugstore primer in green and pink. Those did absolutely nothing for my skin and felt slimy on my face while casting an unnatural tone to my skin. My only other experience with a higher end primer was with Bare Escentuals PrimeTime, but that too felt very greasy on my face and provided absolutely no help in wearing time. This HD Primer? A completely different story.

The consistency is kind of runny. It blends into moisturized skin very easily. The color sinks in right away and I don't notice an overly pink cast of any sort on my face. If anything, I feel like my skin looks brighter. One pump is pretty generous and covers my entire face and then some. I apply it with my fingertips as I think that wastes less product.

Before I found this primer, I thought I would have to give up my Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation because it just would not stay put... Four hours into the day, I felt like I was an oil slick and found that the foundation would disappear from my nose and chin. I hate reapplying foundation, especially expensive foundations like Armani. I wanted something that would look as good at mid-afternoon as it did in the morning when I first applied it. This primer has corrected just that, very surprisingly!!

I've been testing applying it right after applying neutrogena's sunscreen in spf 100+, and right before applying Armani's foundation in 03. Both products are extremely oily, but I feel like this primer eats up the oil and creates a base for my foundation to hang on to. I still feel like I get a pretty dewy finish when all's said and done - but now it's not an oil-slick kind of dewy and more of an intentional dewiness.

If you have oily skin or an oily foundation that wont last throughout the day, I would highly recommend trying this primer. It might just save you the hassle of having to find a different foundation.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2012 2:24:00 AM More reviews by Ivyxoxo

I like MUF HD series a lot, and this one didn't let me know either. It worked very well on my combination skin and helps to correct my skin tone.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2011 7:28:00 PM More reviews by violet978

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have yellow-based skin with big pores and minor discolourations and this really does "microperfect" my skin. I use MUFE face and body foundation over it.

I use HD foundation in 119 (probably NC20) and this gives a nice glow. I want to try the other shades, but why fix what ain't broke. Will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2011 11:01:00 PM More reviews by blondetoadie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love this primer! I am not a fan of primer in the first place, I see it as just another step that sucks up precious time in my makeup routine. However, while I was in Sephora, the pretty bottle and the claim that it brightens the complexion, suckered me in. When I applied this five minutes after my moisturizer with SPF (Cerave...which is my HG A.M. moisturizer) I immediately fell in love with how it felt on my skin. It had more of a lotion-y feel to it as opposed to a silicone-y feel. It absorbed immediately. There was no slimy film left on my face. In fact, it made my face perfectly matte but the moisturizing properties of this primer didn't dry up my face. It was supple yet matte. I couldn't see a pore and the slight pink tone did seem to make me look better. The pink isn't too rosy though, it seems to blend with my fair skin very well. My Colorstay foundation was applied and quickly set to a beautiful demi-matte finish. I use concealer under my eyes and this primer seemed to leave my eyes underneath the perfect concealer canvas. I set my concealer with the lightest touch of MAC's prep and prime transparent finishing powder and I set my face with a loose dusting of Covergirl's Simply Powder in Classic Ivory (I use a kabuki brush, not the sponge that comes with the foundation) My makeup lasts ALL day. I don't get oily, my makeup doesn't rub off. Most importantly, my concealer doesn't migrate and settle into fine lines. I feel as though my face looks brighter, although many people haven't seen a brightening effect. I'm wondering if they are confusing brightening with glitter. This primer has zero glitter, glimmer, sparkle, shine whatsoever. And I couldn't be happier about that. It brightens the complexion by counteracting sallow tones, not by giving an artificial disco ball sheen to your face. Overall, I LOVE LOVE LOVE this primer. I will never buy another primer. Period

rated 4 of 5 on 9/19/2011 11:01:00 PM More reviews by TaniaMst

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I got this one in pink as it supposedly helps to brighten your complexion and covers yellow tones. It works fine. At first I didn't notice any change but I do find now that my foundation (Guerlain Lingerie) lasts longer... But I bought a looser powder to set my foundation so perhaps this is it!

I'm not THAT impressed with it but I have dry skin and so it kind of helps. It hasn't broken me out and my skin actually improved a lot but I also changed my moisturizing routine when I bought this!

It has a light smell I kind of like. I'll try another primer the next time I need one but I wouldn't be opposed to buying this again. It's decent and waaay better than the Smashbox 'primer' they push on us at Sephora. Seems like as soon as they put a halt to all the marketing on Smashbox's photofinish they started pressuring people into getting the MUFE primer instead... Perhaps someday they'll offer me a primer that's not decent but great??

rated 4 of 5 on 8/6/2011 9:08:00 AM More reviews by fofocool

This is an exceptional product... as far as priming my face goes it is amazing.. when I apply this and over it my MUFE HD foundation my skin looks flawless!!! however, know that my skin is quite decent... :) Now, when it comes to making my makeup last during the day.. I have to say that it's not the best product ever but the truth is that I use it only for special occasions so I don't need a 24 hours long-lastigness... Lastly, it works beautifully managing my oil T-zone area... However, my makeup lasts longer and the oilness is controlled when I apply over it and over my Hd foundation my MUFE loose super matte powder!!!I would propably rebuy it if I don't find anything better....

rated 3 of 5 on 7/28/2011 12:18:00 PM More reviews by trinadawn

I bought this so it would prep my skin for makeup and make it go on smoother. It does just that. Like the others have said, it doesn't do much, if anything, for controlling oil or providing coverage for imperfections. But, if you're looking for a simple primer to put on before makeup, this one does the trick. Oh, and the lady at Sephora told me you don't notice the pink on your skin - you DO. Not a lot, but I definitely notice a difference!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2011 4:35:00 AM More reviews by BintangkeciL

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Uuummmm,,, as a base primer, this is good stuffs. it can hide my big pores, and also make my face looks flawless in camera. But after all, nothing significant changes with my over all makeup. But basically, this is good!
i don't think i will repurchase this. Except i don't find the other good base face primer like this one, then i will back to use this. Hehhehe...
Still, i recommended this to you all who wanna get a flawless looks in camera and want your foundation stay longer in your face.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/23/2011 9:26:00 AM More reviews by Marian93

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I HATE HATE HATE THIS! its so thick. and it doesnt do anything! it doesnt conceal pores, doesnt control oil, doesnt make your makeup stay longer. i still have my 2/3 full. doesnt do anything. SOOOOOOOOO MAD THAT I PAID FOR THIS SHIT