July 24, 2014 | 1212 users online

Sunscreen - Banana Boat - Kids Tear Free SPF50

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2014 8:23:00 AM More reviews by Gita1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

The sunscreen pictured here does not have the ingredients stated below by the other reviewer. Photo needs to be changed. The Banana Boat Kids Tear Free Sting Free spf 50 fragrance free suncscreen lotion I just purchased at WalMart is all ohysical and has ingredients: Titanium Dioxide (3.1%), Zinc Oxide (4%), Water , Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Isohexadecane, Butyloctyl salicylate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 dimethicone,Lauryl Peg-8 Dimethicone C30-38 olefin/isopropyl maleate/ma copolymer, Sodium chloride, Dimethicone, Capryl glycol, PEG-8, Alumina, Glycerin, Sodium Citrate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Phenoxyethanol, Octyldodecyl Citrate Crosspolymer Ethylhexyl Methoxycrylene. I am so ecited to find this all physical sunscreen that is water resistant and easy tro apply. It does not leave as white a cast as my other favorite - Coppertone Sensitive - which has a few non-physical ss ingredients but no Avobenzone and has been my summer go to for heavy duty sunscreen. I have added another category for this sunscreen.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2013 5:05:00 AM More reviews by aspiecutie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Not much love? I am surprised. It is identical to the Baby Tear Free SPF 50 but with different packaging. It is marketed for toddlers instead of babies, but the formula is identical. You can just go ahead and pick one based solely on the color you like. :)

I like that it is inexpensive and I can apply it generously on my arms. This has the smallest opening I've seen on a tube, which makes it easy to apply. It has abundant UVB protection to keep my arms from getting darker than my face in the summertime. A small amount of Titanium Dioxide ensures adequate protection from UVA, but I am not too concerned about UVA for my arms since they are exposed only a few months. I do extend the application on my hands and it works fine.

On the negative side, I do eventually get small sunscreen lines where I fold my arms but I smooth them out with my finger and eventually I don't need to do it once it's completely dry. Given I apply a generous amount, there is a slight white cast and if you touch you can feel it. So it's not completely weightless in that sense. But I will repurchase each time. I like knowing that it has a high SPF, contains partly mineral actives, and is water resistant.

-------------
NOTE: Formula wise, Target's Up & Up Kids SPF 60 is identical. It is $1 cheaper and comes in a larger size. Once I run out, I might repurchase that.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/10/2010 6:35:00 AM More reviews by coldblue

This is not a bad sunscreen but I wouldn't use this on my face. I'm prone to breakouts and this sunscreen is too thick and oily for my face. Better to use this on your body.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/15/2009 10:48:00 AM More reviews by jmstraight

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I absolutely love this stuff. It's very thick and takes some real rubbing but it lasts and really protects. I have never gotten a sunburn while wearing this sunscreen, and I usually get burned no matter what. Lasts very well during swimming too. I have also used this on my face and it has never caused me to break out. I have already purchased this multiple times and will keep doing so.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2009 10:25:00 PM More reviews by GeekChick

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm pretty sure that this product is the same as the Baby Tear Free SPF 50 since they had the exact same ingredients, but I'm adding it as a separate product just in case.

After staining some clothes with an avobenzone-containing sunscreen, I bought this to use as a body sunscreen since it does not contain avobenzone, is waterproof/sweatproof, and is fragrance-free since I'm allergic to several fragrances. (I use a separate sunscreen for my face.)

This sunscreen is very thick and takes a long time to rub in. I wore it to a cookout and it seemed to last the whole and I did not get burned; however, 5 or 6 hours after applying it my skin was still very greasy! I might continue to use it for outdoor activities, but it is definitely too greasy to use as an everyday sunscreen.

Ingredients as listed on drugstore.com:

Active Ingredients: Homosalate (15%) (Sunscreen), Octinoxate (7.5%) (Sunscreen), Octisalate (5%) (Sunscreen), Titanium Dioxide (2.4%) (Sunscreen)

Inactive Ingredients: Water, Isohexadecane, Ozokerite, Cetyl PEG/PPG 10/1 Dimethicone, Dibutyl Adipate, PEG 8 C30 38 Olefin/Isopropyl Maleate/MA Copolymer, Glycerin, Sodium Citrate, Sodium Chloride, Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe Vera) Leaf Juice, Tocoherol Acetate, Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Retinyl Palmitate, Dimethicone, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Disodium EDTA, Alumina