July 25, 2014 | 1891 users online

Concealers - Ben Nye - Mellow Yellow concealer

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 on 6/21/2014 6:53:00 PM More reviews by ford2M

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this after high ratings on Makeup Alley, but the color was way too gold (like my deep gold den color)! lol Unless you're tan, the color is too gold and dark for normal or medium colored skin tones.

My favorite yellow concealer is Physicians Formula Yellow and Beige (two-in-one tube) concealer. I don't use the beige, but they don't offer the cream by itself.

PF does offer the yellow concealer in a compact or a lipstick-type tube, but it does not cover as well as the cream in the tube.

Also, bought Elf Cover Everything Concealer in yellow, but it was way too transparent with no pigment. Maybe it would work for the undereye area.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/10/2014 2:26:00 AM More reviews by poohlisey

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This concealer has awesome coverage but unfortunately it's too heavy for my skin and breaks me out. It also creases under my eyes.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2013 7:53:00 AM More reviews by Minniemz

This is hands down my favorite concealer! The shade is perfect for my skin. The coverage is EXCELLENT! It hides even the darkest spots. It lasts for a long time and looks natural.

I accidentally burned my freckles with a fade cream and this concealer totally covered it...i could even hardly detect it. It is such a lifesaver. This product is super worth it!

I used cotton buds instead of concealer brush on the spots. I layered them by gently dabbing. My face looked flawless when i covered the spots that i am seriously thinking of trying to forego foundation and just use this concealer. I swear! I could save tons of money haha...we'll see.

Ben Nye i love you!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2012 1:00:00 AM More reviews by sourskittleash

LOVE!! I am NC30 in MAC and I got this in MY-2. The coverage is amazing, I had been looking for ages for a reasonably priced yellow concealer, to put on top of my peach undereye corrector (Benefit Erase Paste), and WOW this really brightened my undereye!
If you feel its too cakey/dry make sure you have used a good primer, your skin is moisturised well, and moisten your fingertip with a bit of moisturiser, then rub the concealer in the pot to warm it up and make it more creamy, then apply - makes a huge difference! If you don't rub it in the pot to soften it, then it comes out looking really dry.
I highly recommend this in cominbination with Ben Nye Banana powder, my undereye looked fantastic - finally!
I ordered this off makeupmania.com along with the Banana powder.
I have uploaded a pic of swatches above to compare to my NC30 Mac concealer.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2011 6:21:00 PM More reviews by zoesmith1982

I've bee using this product for over 6 months, I order it on ebay for around $15 delivered, maybe less. I love the product so much it really has changed my entire routine and I have re-purchased (not because I ran out but because I was scared they might stop selling it!). I'd say with daily use it would last a year.

I used to wear a full coverage foundation on my face every single day, without fail, to cover flushed red cheeks but now I just use a tinted moisuriser and this product.

For the most part I have clear skin but I have flushed/red cheeks so this neutralises that without being heavy/cakey it doesn't dry out or flake but I always apply to moisturised skin so I think that helps. It's great for any discolouration including dark undereye circles, blemishes, anything really.

It has a matt powdery finish.

This is a double HG product for me. Both as a concealer and colour corrector

rated 2 of 5 on 4/5/2009 7:50:00 PM More reviews by klaiyr

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I agree with the other people about this product being cakey and dry and chalky. I really wanted to love this product since I have dark spots and heard good things about it, but it is seriously TOO dry. Maybe mixing it in the palm of your hand works to melt it a bit? Or maybe even mixing it with some vaseline? I used it for a few months and did not like my face when I saw it in the sunlight! Would never use it underneath my eyes. Yes, it's dirt cheap, but I think there is a reason why this is more of a stage make up than everyday make up.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2008 5:21:00 PM More reviews by Aque

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have this in MY-2 Mellow Yellow Norm, as part of the SK1 Cover All wheel. I bough the wheel because I liked the idea of a small compact with all my different concealers together, but the Mellow Yellow products are also available as individual pots. There are four of them in this range, giving a nice range of yellow-based concealers. The MY-2 looks very yellow in the pot, but works well for my skin tone (I'm W3 in L'oreal Trumatch). If the MY-2 is too yellow for you, you need to go up shade or two to the MY-1 or MY-0 version; MY-3 is a few shades darker.

This is probably the best concealer I have ever used & its definitely the best value for money. I paid about $9 for the entire four product wheel, which contains half an ounce total of product i.e. something like 4 g of each individual item which lasts for ages. Its in a sturdy, four compartment, screw top pot which travels well, but isn't the most chic thing out there - it doesn't bother me because, hey! this product works!

I don't use this as an under eye concealer (I use Ben Nye Mellow Orange), but I do use this to cover up minor blemishes etc, particularly on my cheeks. A tiny (really tiny) dab applied over foundation with a small taklon concealer brush, blended in & topped with powder & I'm done. This product seriously covers & doesn't budge once its powdered. It is very thick & creamy & its easy to use too much & have it look a mess - you really need a lot less product than you think for it to be effective. I'll never waste my time buying any other concealer. Real HG product for me. If you can find Ben Nye products, I highly rec trying this.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 9/20/2008 2:11:00 AM More reviews by hmag7386

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Ohhhhh, how I wanted to love this product... SO BAD! After reading the reviews here it sounded like the perfect answer to my dark, ornery, genetic undereye circles. I ran all the way downtown to scoop this up and even got the 12 color palette in addition to a pot of the MY-1 Fair. After playing around with them under my eyes and on blemishes and discoloration, I can honestly tell you this product is not appropriate for undereye use. It does have amazing amazing AMAZING coverage, and is not heavily greasy, and is also an amazing amazing price, BUT... this concealer is cake city!!! Because of its thickness, it should be set with powder or it will move around very easily, particularly over moisturizer. Unfortunately it instantly turns to a cakey, creasy, annoying mess. It also needs to be applied seamlessly, or it's extremely apparent you're wearing heavy makeup up close. This product looks great from a distance, but up close, forget it. I suppose that's what it's designed for since it is stage makeup. I must also mention though, on every other area of the face, this product works wonders. WONDERS! It can cover absolutely anything. And not only that, it comes in a plethora of colors and shades. I have very fair skin, and there's plenty of shades to match. I'm so grateful for it because I need various colors to cover redness, veins, and some discoloration. This concealer can cover everything else you can think of, and stay freakin' put. I'm just disappointed in it's undereye area performance, so that's why I'm rating it the way I am. However, I will definitely repurchase because it works for everything else.

UPDATE: Unfortunately... I've taken one more lippie off because using this and other colors of Ben Nye concealer have broken me out in the areas I use them. I knew this may happen because it is literally made of wax and corn oil (and as a side note also contains parabens), but was hoping that proper cleansing and toner use would counterbalance any negative effects but to no avail. I've gone back to my Maybelline Pure Makeup foundation, which is water-based, to get the job done covering discoloration. I still use these Ben Nye concealers for concealing veins/scars on my legs and they work great for that purpose, so I will repurchase for that, but that only. If you're looking for a great undereye concealer like I was, try Everyday Minerals. After extensive reading of reviews and trial & error, I've found my HG HG HG concealer with them- and I can't believe it's a powder!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2008 5:16:00 PM More reviews by liz91

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought this in MY-1 Fair. I am an NC25, for reference. I like this concealer for the broken capillaries under my nose and on the sides of my nostrils. Even when I set with powder, it doesn't last completely all day long without wearing off, but it's better than any other concealer I've tried. I am glad I didn't buy CDP because it's so much more expensive. I tried MUFE Liquid Lift concealer, and I didn't like that at all. It wore off very shortly after I applied it. For under my eyes, I don't like this concealer because it was too drying. The price is great for this concealer and is worth trying. It is thick and creamy and applies well. I recommend this concealer, although I'm not sure it's my HG concealer.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2008 12:40:00 AM More reviews by sweetbabylace

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

The best, the best, the best! And...... soooo affordable! Worth every penny & it absolutely erases dark circles & redness from a blemish. A miracle worker!