December 22, 2014 | 1617 users online

Self Tanners - L'Oreal - Dermo Expertise Sublime Bronze Self-Tanning Lotion SPF 15 Streak-free in Light/Medium

rated 3 of 5 on 6/23/2010 10:28:00 PM More reviews by lsmiles13

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I tried the Sublime Bronze Gelee first and hated how sticky it was so I wanted to give the lotion a try.

Not sure why the original reviewer called it Light/Medium tan, it's actually Medium Natural Tan.

Anyway, one application doesn't really do much for me, and provides hardly any color when compared to the gelee version. It is, however, nice, light, moisturizing, and I dont mind the smell. It seems to absorb quickly and my skin is really soft after using it. Two applications gives definite color.

Edit: I upped my lippie status here to a 3. After using other tanners, I realize how orange this made me look the first few applications! Not only that but no matter how much I exfoliate or what I do, I cannot apply it evenly to my knees and ankles without them turning orange.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2009 7:43:00 PM More reviews by pmbechtle

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Pros: delivers a beautiful, natural light golden tan; very moisturizing with AHAs; dries quickly; not pricey; can be used for face as well as body; contains SPF.
Cons: requires very careful application; not tinted, so it can streak more easily than tinted self-tanners; requires careful exfoliation and moisturing before application, or it will wear off unevenly.

I love the color this product gives me. I only use one application, I don't build the color. This is perfect for me, gives me just a light, sun-kissed look. It wears evenly and I apply it twice a week. After application to my arms, chest, and legs, I use a facial scrub on my hands to thoroughly clean the product off (especially inportant for the nailbeds and between fingers!) I then apply body lotion to my hands and feet and wait ten minutes before applying a very light coat to them with a makeup sponge. I wish I could say this is a fast, easy application but it is not. You have to pay close attention - but it's not much different than applying body lotion after a shower. I took one lippie off for ease of application, but I think the results with this product are well worth the effort.