Fresh Sugar Rose Lip Treatment SPF 15

3.8

Octinoxate (Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate) 7.49 %, Oxybenzone (Benzophenone-3) 2.00 %. Beeswax (Cera Alba), Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Hydrogenated Decyl Olive Esters,Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Fragrance (Parfum), Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Oil, Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Sucrose Tetrastearate Triacetate, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Ribes Nigrum (Black Currant) Seed Oil, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Tetraisopalmitate, Propylene Glycol, Propyl Gallate, Citric Acid, Limonene, Citral, Benzyl Benzoate, Linalool, Benzyl Alcohol, Geraniol, Bht.

on 2/26/2015 12:59:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I'll add my love for Fresh's Lip Treatments - with one very big caveat. Yes, they make your lips a lovely shade of pink (or brown, coral, etc., depending on which variety you're using). Yes, they moisturize well. Yes, they Have a nice screw-top lid so it doesn't pop off in your purse or pocket.

BUT... I see how many people rave about the product having SPF protection in it. Yes, it does, but a close look at the ingredients will tell you that it is not a broad based sunscreen! Too many people wear this, thinking they are protected from the sun when they are not protected from the Rays that cause cancer.

My other complaint is the product in the mini or sample sized tubes tend to break easily. I don't know if this happens in the full size ones as I've never bought a full size tube.

on 2/24/2015 12:55:00 PM

I finally caved and tried this. I really did not expect to like this.
Like many have said, it feels great and does not leave your lips chapped afterward like some lip balm-type products do. Seriously, lip balms out there that make your lips feel worse after you have used them..? What is up with that?! This just feels great and leaves the lips feeling great and very soft and I like the SPF in it, even for Winter.

The slight smell, dissipates pretty fast for me, so it is not even a factor. The color was very minimal on me, hardly even detectable to me (and my lips are not really pigmented at all), let alone others, which is fine.

This lasts a good 6 to 8 hours on me, with no funky feeling or gross gummi-ness like some lip balms can become on the lips during the day.

Just was a pleasure to wear, lasted a long time on the lips. The only thing almost prevented me from giving this the full 5-stars is the price. BUT, even with that, I feel this product is just.that.good.

Total surprise for me, and believe me, I really did not want to like this and even expected to not like this. Also, I have used other high-priced balms, one from Estee Lauder many years ago that was similar in price back then, and did not perform near as well as this. So yes I will re-purchase. But I will definitely baby this one to get the longest possible use out of it. Nothing has left my lips feeling so soft. I do not mind paying for a product that works and does not get funky and is a joy to wear and makes lips soft and they stay soft. Not thrilled with the price, but again, I am going to milk it for all it is worth..lol...;)

on 2/18/2015 4:29:00 PM

Nice product. It has a nice tinted color, and moisturizes well. It doesn't cause more chap as some products do. It has a nice amount of coverage too. But, I won't buy this product again due to the price. And usually I spend a lot on makeup/skincare but I cannot bring myself to spend 20$ on this, when the product isn't as exceptional as I would want it to be for $20.

on 2/18/2015 4:08:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I didn't like this. Color was fine but texture was grainy and tasted of sunscreen. It also smushed very easily.I just don't think this was worth the cash. I bought several of these and the only one I really liked was the honey but even that had the problems listed above.

Not sure why everyone loves this so much. It felt equal to any drugstore lip gloss...

on 1/27/2015 8:28:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Love this during the summer months because of the SPF, could be a bit cheaper though.

on 1/27/2015 8:03:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I got this as a Christmas present. Overall, I like it pretty well. I like how it melts into your lips, and I don't mind the slightly grainy texture. For me, it actually lasts a really long time. For some reason when I'm wearing this I don't rub or press my lips together very much, which I normally do a lot during the day. I don't care for the scent, but that's a personal preference type of thing. I do really love the packaging--the metal container and screw-top lid are genius. I enjoyed this and it worked really well for me during the coldest days of our winter when I was walking/waiting outside for the bus and the like. I feel like it protected my lips and the color was a great bonus.

What I don't like is that because this product does go on thickly and "melts" into your lips, it disappears quickly from the tube. Mine lasted barely a month and I only wore it during the daytime (but I did wear it everyday). Also it started to smoosh and break in the tube. I didn't think I was twisting it up all that much when applying it, but I guess I was. There was a very small (but usable) amount left when it finally broke off completely and I trashed it because it wasn't worth my time to try to salvage. That being said, this tube of lip stuff has entirely too high of a price tag for it to be breaking off. If I were to have purchased this I would have been ticked that it broke and I had to chuck out the last little bit.

This stuff is good and I really enjoyed it, but no way am I paying over 20 bucks to repurchase.

on 1/3/2015 7:46:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

While this is a good product, I just feel the $22 price tag can't be justified. It does have a very smooth, creamy feel when applied and isn't greasy or heavy. The consistency is better than Chapstick, but very similar to Blistex Silk & Shine. This does have just a hint of color once applied it gives a sheer wash of color. If you can recall the old Covergirl Lipslicks, the color payoff is similar to that. This does have a faint yet pleasant citrusy lemony type scent. Overall I feel like there are comparable products for a fraction of the price, but if you have $20 burning a hole in you pocket and a need a lip balm, it's worth a try.

on 12/9/2014 8:18:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I finally caved to try this and now have a love/hate sort of relationship with it. I was very close to giving it a 4/5, but I just couldn't do it. I enjoy the smell, it's kind of lemon-fruity and light. The packaging is also amazing. I bought the mini, so I'm assuming the larger variety is the same - it is a metal container that twists on at the bottom so the lid can't come off if it ends up rolling around in your purse. It's a very cute-looking container. The consistency...it goes on like a dream and has a light rose sheen to it...and then, this is where I give it 3/5...and honestly, almost 2/5. This product has like...zero wear to it. I have to reapply it so often that it's just annoying. I'm not sure if it's how quickly this product dries or if the sunscreen irritates my lips, but it also seems to dry them more than it actually moisturizes. You'd think that a lip balm with such an extremely steep price tag would be AMAZING.....but it's just not. I think this is one of those products that has just been given too much hype, because I am more disappointed than anything. Something called a "lip treatment" should treat, not leave your lips no more hydrated than a tube of Soft Lips.

on 11/17/2014 3:32:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

I love this balm. I don't want lipstick, most of the time I want natural, sexy-looking lips,that's just what this delivers. I feel like the tube is classy, it's a sophisticated woman's chap-stick lol.

Popular Lip Treatments