November 25, 2014 | 1800 users online

Hair Treatments - Moroccanoil - Intense Hydrating Mask

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2014 1:39:00 PM More reviews by Khiandra

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Black

I'm pretty shocked at how mediocre this mask is considering the high price. Wow. The scent is bad. It has a hint of the original moroccanoil smell mixed with grandma and a hint of old school jerry curl juice. The texture is thick and looks a bit waxy. Not too much slip when applying. Didn't do well at moisturizing. No hydration period. Does leave my hair feeling slightly softer after it dries but then that feeling is gone in the morning. Works ok on my 2 year olds hair but then again that's toddler hair. Maybe this is just meant for people with naturally straight hair? I feel like the positive reviews on this stuff are lies I tell you, Liiieess. Will not repurchase. Wouldn't recommend. Better masks out there.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/4/2014 2:13:00 AM More reviews by lia333

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I was desperate before I bought this product. My bleached hair had been quite badly damaged but I managed to retain my length largely through the use of fairly frequent protein masks, and washing around once a week..... but then I went too far and over-proteinized my hair. Basically my hair was suddenly hard (!) and just felt... wrong. It was rough and hard even while I was conditioning it - I couldn't get a brush through it - and I could practically fold it in half, it was that rigid! I panicked, did strand-tests non stop, and abandoned any product with even a trace of protein (most of the products I had :( even the cheapo conditioners). My hair improved a lot, however what I really needed was something super moisturising but free of protein. This mask was perfect. I think blondes (or possibly just me) can sometimes think we need soooo much protein that almost every product we use contains some form of protein, and eventually it starts having a detrimental effect on our hair. from now on I'm using this mask as my go-to treatment, and only bringing out the protein once a month/ if hair feels too elastic. But honestly, I've learnt that too much moisture is far easier to deal with than too much protein, so be careful! - I suppose if you have fine hair this mask could weigh it down, I have thick and wavy hair and had no problems. :)

rated 1 of 5 on 9/23/2014 6:54:00 PM More reviews by JoyConway

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I guess my hair really hate this product...Lol..

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2014 5:44:00 PM More reviews by lichi79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This may not have the best smell, but it sure works wonders on my hair. My hair is literally fried after undergoing two Japanese Straightening in six months and on top of that the inept hairdresser used 30vol. Peroxide for my hair color just four days after the straightening. Just picture it. The comb would not even go through my hair. After just two uses of this masque, and voila!, my hair was much softer and more manageable. I have one month of using it and I can tell the difference. The quality is on par with Kerastase if not, better. It rinses clean and the smell dissipates once dry. Just make sure you wash your back and face after rinsing it because Argan oil can be comedogenic.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2014 12:57:00 AM More reviews by pebbles88

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have relaxed Afro hair - have no clue about 4A/B texture thing so I can't comment on this.

This is the first time I've used the mask and it's the Perfect product! Pricey BUT I don't mind bcos it does what it says on the tin so it's ok.
Washed with my normal ORS Aloe Shampoo, didn't use my conditioner went straight to the mask. I mixed this with a few drops of Moroccan oil treatment and left for about an hour, using shower cap and towel. Washed out and combed through - hardly any hair came out when I combed it through wet (I always have hair come out when I comb through my wet hair) AMAZING.
Used the Moroccan oil and and my Aphogee keratin and green tea reconstructerizer spray b4 blowdrying, applied more oil then straightened (never more than a few pumps, I like my hair to have movement).

OMG My hair is SILKY baby soft. In love totally. Thank you Moroccan oil you've just changed my life. I feel like it strengthened my hair and my hair has a natural looking shine to it rather than the 'iv got oil in my hair' shine. I try to wash my hair fortnightly so I will use this again next time I think il see how my hair gets on. I don't want to over use it bcos sometimes products just stop working and that would be a TRAGEDY.

*UPDATE*
Washed my hair 4 days ago now using the masque and havent needed to reapply any moroccan oil or any other product, my hair still has movement, has a natural shine n still silky!! ive gotten so many compliments on my hair this week. im really happy.

i recently cut my hair due to a weave making my natural hair thin when i took it out, but want it grow it back now, definitely the moroccan hair range is the secret to growing long hair as it just makes your hair super healthy, il never have to cut my ends at this rate :D

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 6/11/2014 10:58:00 PM More reviews by JessicaRabbitVB

I was really excited to buy this at first because I love the actual oil. I have mixed reviews on this. It washed out amazing and for the first 5 minutes my naturally curly hair feels soft but I do not see any difference after I blow dry. It's like I didn't do any treatment. I found even after months of using it and even keeping it in for longer times its just blah. I'll be giving it to someone else to try!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/18/2014 6:29:00 PM More reviews by BlueBabyBear

Interesting results, tried it on my mixed anglo-Indian+Jamaican relaxed hair for about 7-10ish minutes and it seemed to work well to strengthen my damaged ends. However, product did fail to provide shine but I imagine that will result after a few more uses. Overall very good conditioner for mixed race hair. Not too sure about the price though, seems a bit much considering the result, but then again considering the texture of my hair may need longer to achieve better results. Loved the strength, could be silkier yet curls blew out perfectly smooth when still damp

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2014 1:02:00 AM More reviews by Brinaxo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Have been using this product for a few months now and it has really helped my extensions with the dryness. I have a head full of fusion hair extensions. Hair extensions tend to dry out much fastest than natural hair so I needed a little extra hydration on my ends to keep them looking fresh because I like my extensions to last at least three months. I was using the it's a 10 miracle mask and decided to try the morrocan oil treatment because the morrocan oil daily treatment or whatever it's called is my HG for my leave in oil. I am very happy with the product. I just hate the jars because I can never seem to not get water in the tub and it drives me crazy. As for the price I'm not sure what it goes for regular retail because I am a cosmetologist so I get it from the beauty supply store for a better rate, but I will say I would recommend this to any of my clients and I do not recommend unless I personally like the product.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2014 7:47:00 PM More reviews by ekb405

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have been using this product for about 14 months now. At first I only used it occaisionally in place of conditioner and got average results. I have found that with my hair, if I only use a small amount on just the ends with my conditoner already on my hair (Matrix Biolage Hydratherapie) and I let it sit for a few minutes I get amazingly soft and easy to work with HEALTHY looking shiny hair. I also use the oil (midshaft to ends only) after almost every wash. I highly recommend this product to anyone with dry, dull hair. plus the smell is fantastic!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2014 10:56:00 PM More reviews by outdoorsgal

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this product because I wanted an intense hydrating treatment without protein or keratin and this stuff is fantastic.
My hair is colour treated (professionally coloured every 6-8 weeks) and I wash my hair about three times a week with heat styling (blow drying and flat iron 3x per week as well) and overall it's quite healthy. I use protein treatments regularly but too much is not a good thing so the Intense Hydrating Mask is perfect for those in between times.

The scent can be overwhelming so if you don't like sweet coconut type scents, you probably won't like this. I don't mind it which is unusual as I usually don't like this sort of scent so it's bearable for me.
I leave it in my hair for about 5 minutes and the result is incredibly soft (too soft sometimes) and shiny hair.
I took off one lipstick for the price tag and while I love this product, I'd love to find something that works just as well for less money.