July 22, 2014 | 1948 users online

Loose Powders - Purely Cosmetics - Diamond Perfect Finish

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2014 4:57:00 PM More reviews by happyathome

Talc free, two ingredient, skin smoothing, light enhancing show stopper! All the tales are true! I apply the tiniest bit as a primer with my Lancome mineral powder brush for baby soft skin. I was afraid that it was only to be used with mineral foundations, but I applied Cinema Secrets foundation with my fingers and blended using the Shiseido Perfect Foundation Brush. I must admit this is a great primer! As promised, it filled in pores and fine lines, and even brought radiance in the sun. I use far less foundation now, and absolutely love how much better the condition of my skin is in.
For a setting powder I will continue to use Cinema Secrets or Ben Nye, unless i need to be completely matte for one reason or another. Diamond Perfect Finish has too matte of a finish after foundation for my preference, although some people may prefer that (not to mention that a setting spray would take hold and a freshness a step further).
It is incredibly finely milled, beyond my expectations. The twist cover under the cap is a great idea for those needing to be careful.
I have been using this for about a week, and a new product to break me out would have done so by now. I can tell that come summer, this will continue to be an asset in my arsenal.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/1/2014 7:49:00 AM More reviews by b2kkkel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I was intrigued by this product. I saw it on the camera ready cosmetics website and after reading some reviews I decided I would purchase.It does what is says it does.
It kind of just blurrs out imperfections and fine lines and gives such a nice effect to the skin. Softens features. Not shiny, shimmery or in any way glittery.. just a nice radiant kind of glow. It does appear as though I have been airbrushed.. it just made everything look better. My pores become invisible when I use this which is a nice change as some powders tend to make the pores on my nose and between my eyebrows bit more prominent than usual but my skin looked so nice with this on! Keep in mind that it is a finishing powder not a setting powder.
It does not cake. Could feel a bit heavy if too much is applied. It made my skin smooth and silky to touch. Quite matte.
It also does not contain Talc which is what attracted me to it as I've been trying to avoid talc due to my skin getting irritated with talc.
Ingredients: Benzimidazole diamond amidoethyl urea carbamoyl propyl polymethylsilsesquioxane, diamond powder.

At first use it did ever so slightly make my makeup lighter. It was only very subtle though and I did use a lot. I try with a small amount and it still seems to lighten my makeup.

I wore this on a hot day (Australian climate) for 6 hours and when I came home and looked in the mirror (I didn't have the chance to see myself in a mirror or touch up all day), I noticed that my skin still had that radiant and blurred effect, my features were still softened. If I was going somewhere else, I would have touched up on my T-zone a little where I get oily.

As far as I can tell, there is no smell and it is very fine and silky in texture. It is replacing my ben nye luxury powder in buff as it has irritated my skin and caused dry patches around my nose probably because of the talc. It cost me about $24 AUD for 6 grams which is reasonable price. I don't ever get fussy over packaging, its in a convenient twist top container with a twisty thingy to dispense product just like most powders. Something to add a gorgeous effect to your makeup, would use everyday and on special occasions. Would probably repurchase, it's nothing extremely fancy.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2012 6:36:00 PM More reviews by BeccahH

I started off with the sampler pack (pearl/silk primer, silk powder, & this). I really like this line. I started off trying MUFE's Hi Def powder, but it just took my makeup off. I was using IT Cosmetics Bye Bye Pores, until I discovered this brand. After using the 100% Silk powder, I know that's what it was that I liked about IT's. Anyway, the Diamond Finish is great, I love touching up my t-zone with it, it really cuts the shine without looking cakey. It can get powdery on drier areas of the face if you use too much, but that's any powder. Bets hi-def powder on the market, imo.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2010 3:43:00 PM More reviews by viryi

I've been on a recent kick to move to more natural products, after trying tons of different traditional foundations that just didn't cut it for me. Since first joining MakeupAlley, I've found my skin's needs have changed quite a bit and my product needs are changing as well (as a new mom, I need fast, simple products that make me look awake and feel a little better about my appearance, yet don't have any harmful, clogging ingredients in case I'm just too tired to wash it off in the evening).

I bought a sample size of this powder, along with the Silk and Pearl Primer and foundation from the same line. I've only been using it for a few days but so far, I love it! Under and over mineral foundation, this makes my skin look airbrushed. I haven't found that it leaves any sort of significant white cast, but I use it very sparingly. It's not shimmery at all, so it's not suitable for a highlighter, as some might think from its name. Once it's on, the effect is subtle -- it gives the skin a nice, smooth finish that reflects light so it looks perfect, yet doesn't appear showy in the least.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/26/2010 6:00:00 PM More reviews by endtransmission

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

I'm torn about this product. It really does make your face look nice, glowy and smooth and a little goes a LONG way. However, if you have dry skin it will only highlight those problem areas.

Unfortunately, I found out the hard way that this stuff doesn't do too well in photographs with flash- at my senior prom. The day after prom when everyone was posting their pictures on facebook for the whole world to see, I noticed that my face looked discolored and blotchy in every picture that involved flash. It's so embarassing! I untagged every picture of myself and hoped to god no one would notice I looked like I had a skin disease.

Since that incident I decided to give this stuff another shot and started using it under my foundation as a primer instead of on top (like I did at prom). While nobody has taken a flash photo of me since I made the switch, I think it's been okay and it sure as hell makes my face feel smooth and makes my foundation stay forever.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2010 2:32:00 AM More reviews by Zetaflickan

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Grey

Bought based on MUA reviews last year. This is a very nice powder, does not make me shiny, sink into lines emphasize pores etc. The packaging is very ugly with the gold, but it doesn't matter if my face looks so good. I like the short ingredient list (diamond powder), fast and reasonably price shipping from the US to Sweden.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/28/2010 1:55:00 PM More reviews by Akidrad

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am so sad that I was duped by youtube gurus (who, of course, got this for free) into believing this was a good product. Don't waste your money on this! It's expensive and it does nothing but dry out your skin! It's basically the equivalent of putting talc on your face. I tried to make it work with various mineral makeup and it does nothing but add a powdery coat to everything. But the biggest drawback is that it photographs really really horrendously: you will look like you put your face in a bowl of flour (I'm serious, try it if you don't believe me). Even a light application shows up disastrously in photos. I rarely believe products warrant 1 lippie, but this one surely does. It's my biggest makeup purchase regret to date.

6 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2010 11:16:00 PM More reviews by Selenite

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Well, I decided to try out this powder since it looks vegan(okay, most powders are) and interesting. I really don't notice anything miraculous when I use it but it does make my skin feel like porcelain and does blot out the shine nicely.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2009 7:57:00 PM More reviews by Hawko

Koren was bouncing up & down as he raved about this product, I don't know the connection, but gave it a try. I always find better to put on a translucent loose powder first before any mineral powder fdn, & this can also doubled as a finishing powder.
I am not disappointed, in fact, this is the best finishing powder I've tried. It diffuses the light & make the skin looks smooth & clear, like a teenager's; even though my melasma was not fully covered by the liquid fdn underneath.
On my NC 35 skin it may showed up somewhat lighter, this can be balanced by using a slightly darker fdn underneath, or a light brush of bronzer on top. In fact, my skin looks so good I had to press a dampened sponge to make it looked less perfect. I can see this will be great during hot summer days.
Definitely re-purchase.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2009 2:20:00 PM More reviews by cloudy5376

I ordered a sample size of this based on Koren's (from EnKore YouTube Channel)recommendation, and I absolutely love it! It gives me a flawless finish. When applying the powder, my brush felt like I was applying powder on a marble surface. My skin also feels soft, too. I plan buying the full size once I run out of the sample one.