NARS Flair

4.5

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

A slightly sheer, berry shade with a hint of shimmer.It has good staying power and is slightly creamy. It is consistent in quality with the rest of the Nars lippies. I wouldn't purchase this color again because it just doesn't do much for me. It has a bit too much brown in it for me. However it would work as a great natural berry shade for someone with a medium or darker complexion.

on 12/11/2012 4:16:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Even if you like super bold shades like I do, you don't necessarily want to wear them every day. That's where this lipstick comes in - it's not as serious as a full on red or dark red opaque lip can be. Flair is a sheer slightly shimmery berry red that is more dark than bright. The scent is slightly herbal. It doesn't dry my lips. A great polished look for a day at work. Some similar lipsticks:

Chantecaille Dahlia is similar but glossier. NARS Gypsy is also similar, but it's a little lighter, it's more warm, and doesn't have any shimmer.

on 11/5/2011 8:19:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Oh, wow. I LOVE this color. The website calls it "burnished berry" but it is absolutely a red shade. Possibly like a cherry or pomegranate red. It has a very subtle soft gold shimmer that reflects light beautifully. The color itself is also soft and subtle. It's a deep berry red that is perfect for people who don't like loud or bright reds. Flair is now one of my favorite red lipsticks, and I have a lot of those.

on 10/27/2010 10:00:00 PM

I love this lipstick. I bought it to replace NARS Hindu, which I wore for several years. I used to wear a classic red lip every single day. Never left home without it. My husband wasn't a huge fan of it so I stopped wearing it. This is a wonderful compromise. The look of red lipstick, but it's much easier to apply (no liner needed). It has a touch of a shimmer and is just a bit of a softer look than a strong, classic red lip, but it still gives a great classic look. I can see going through many tubes of this!

on 9/7/2010 10:24:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

Really pretty, wearable red for fair skinned girls. I can see wearing this on nights out, or dabbing it on for a sheer daytime appropriate red. The makeup artist at Sephora recommended this lipstick to me as a red that would work with my cool toned skin and warm toned red hair (not always the easiest combo). Also sampled Manhunt which is a pretty option if you want a more cool, cherry toned red.

on 9/29/2009 12:24:00 PM

this is comming fr a grl who pretty much never wears lipstick cuz i can never find the right colour. I love love love this lipstick! it feels great on and the colour was worth the price...my only quam is i wish it would stay on longer> however i would still repurchase

on 4/3/2008 2:04:00 PM

A great golden berry red, not over the top, a red for ladies who fear red. Supposedly a sheer, but has more depth than a normal sheer. Color can be intensified, has a tendency to morph into a pinky red as the day progresses. All in all a great red.

on 1/11/2008 8:18:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is a fantastic berry color. It's easy to build up the vividness of the color despite that fact that it is a "sheer." I always keep a tube in my bag.

on 9/18/2007 12:01:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Gorgeous warm-toned berry. Since this comes in the sheer formulation, it is very forgiving and can be applied to look more like a lip stain if using a brush. I am NC30ish, 1.2/2.0 light in BE and have pigmented lips. Smells a bit waxy but I guess it's just due to the fact that they don't try to mask it with fragrance. This is my first NARS lipstick and I found it to be moisturizing and comfortable on the lips. I can't wait to try more!

on 4/23/2007 4:56:00 PM

This is a gorgeous berry red that can easily make the transition from Fall/Winter to Spring/Summer. Universally flattering, it's perfect for day or night. Overall, the most versatile red I have found.

Recommended for Medium Skin