July 28, 2014 | 2016 users online

Treatments (Face) - Estee Lauder - Idealist Dual Action Refinishing treatment

rated 3 of 5 on 11/29/2013 5:34:00 PM More reviews by seev

I have a love/hate relationship with this product. My skin gets really flaky when cold weather hits so I use this to exfoliate. When you put it in your skin, it feels really cool, like your face is heating up. The instructions say to leave it on for around 5 minutes so that's what I do. When I wash it off, it hurts like hell my goodness, it's like my face is on fire. Afterwards, my skin feels really smooth and soft, but the next morning my skin will be flaky again.
Overall, I feel like this doesn't really do much for my skin, I wouldn't repurchase, especially considering the price. I'm going to try some drugstore alternatives once I'm through with this tube.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/21/2013 12:55:00 PM More reviews by giri

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I did not notice any difference. I have been using product for a month. Really, no difference. Ok, skin looks a bit fresh for some time, but only for a couple of hours. Did not notice any difference on "black heads" or so

rated 1 of 5 on 9/6/2012 7:03:00 PM More reviews by sshelton

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Actually I did buy this product a long time ago and boy I can't believe what a sucker I was! So the heat part of it is nothing but a chemistry trick,
sodium chloride when mixed with water heats up! And even worse, I understand that the exfoliating particles are actually microscopic beads of plastic. OMG, EL lost a lot of respect that I had for them because of this product! I can't believe they still have this on the market! Buyer BEWARE

rated 2 of 5 on 7/27/2012 3:08:00 PM More reviews by GentleReader

I really don't know what this product is supposed to do. Although it claims to offer the same benefits of microdermabrasion and a mild AHA peel, my skin does not look or feel any differently following use, even though I've used it twice weekly for I can't remember how many months now. Since I'm now nearing the end of my tube, I won't be continuing to use this product.

There is a slight warming sensation when applied, which is fairly pleasant; but after leaving it on for about 10 minutes each time, I can't say that I see any improvements in the brightness, clarity, or smoothness of my skin.

Everyone's skin is different; perhaps it's just that my skin doesn't respond well to the product. But for me, this is just another of EL's many over-priced and under-performing products.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/20/2011 3:55:00 PM More reviews by navalon

I like it very much as a 1-once-a-week Treatment. It does work, but it didn't work wonders for me. I still need to use a mask (Clarins for combination to oily skin) for my impurities after this peeling. Because of the ingredients it works very good as a peeling and it has this thermo-effekt, which I like. But I don't know if other peelings could do the same job? I hope this review helped!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/16/2011 8:38:00 AM More reviews by allieong

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I always liked Estee Lauder's products and some of my long time favourites are from the brand. Unfortunately, this is one of the products that I don't think it quite deliver on what it says on the box.
I followed the instructions exactly (damp face, circular massage..) and left it on for the recommended 5 mins. Though my face feels clean after using, it looks the same - the clogged pores are still there and its the same size, and my skin texture and tone remains as before. I thought it was an anormally so I tried a couple more time over the course of the next few weeks, hoping to find the results that the product claims. Still I see no difference.
However, I noticed that the next day every time after using the product, I will find a new pimple. Perhaps its purely coincidental and it is just a hormonal blemish... I don't know.
Regardless, its not well worth the 36 that I have paid.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/25/2011 2:10:00 PM More reviews by Lemontree23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I received this as a sample. It is the first product that I've tried that actually worked wonders for the blackheads on my nose.
Going to buy the real stuff now, although I'm not to happy about the price.

EDIT: I bought the full product, and i still like it. I wouldn't repurchase it though, 'cause I think it is really overpriced. It was nice trying it though.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2011 9:27:00 PM More reviews by angelmarie82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love love love this product, i bought it at the spring trend show at my Nordstrom last year, it was pricey @ $50.00 but it last months is used twice a week. I am always hesitant to try new skin care products, i have sensitive skin,but this product is amazing. It brightens my skins, cleans my pores, makes me glow. It is by far my favorite skin care product. My skin has never looked better. It last awhile if used twice a week, after your normal cleanser. Bought my first one in may of 2010, just picked up my second one this week. Love it!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/10/2010 6:19:00 PM More reviews by gretchen138

Muy caro para una exfoliante con efecto calor, puedes tener el mismo resultado con la mascarilla Sauna Mask de montagne jeneusse (las individuales que venden en cualquier perfumeria a 1,5) y despues utiliza la exfoliante que uses normalmente.
---------------------------
Poor results with this product, you can do the same with any scrub cleaner loooot cheaper, and for the hot effect to open pores, there are masks for less 2$

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2010 5:34:00 PM More reviews by Shayron

I received a sample of this as a GWP. I don't normally use grainy scrub products on my face. This has a warming effect that's supposed to open up your pores, then deep clean your skin, smooth rough patches & flakes. I have no doubt it may do that but I didn't notice much of a difference. Probably because I regularly use a Clarisonic and occasional MUAC glycolic acid peels. The warming effect was pretty cool but I think it's just a gimmick. Did I mention it's overpriced at $50/2.5oz a tube?