July 30, 2014 | 2008 users online

Lipstick - Maybelline - Color Sensational - Madison Mauve

rated 3 of 5 on 11/16/2012 7:27:00 PM More reviews by st3f4n42srb

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Eh, it's alright. Looks amazing in the tube, but on my lips it doesn't really show up, because it's pretty much the same colour as my lips. Therefore, this is a neutral shade for me.
I really wish it was more purple or mauve.. but it isn't. I'm really pale, so I can't wear this because it doesn't have enough colour to it. I also dislike the smell.
The formula is okay. I much prefer the colour sensational lipsticks in other shades. I have red revival & it's great! This was a hit & a miss for me...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2011 9:21:00 PM More reviews by JChrisBee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

The most pretty, unique color I have seen in a long time. A plummy berry purple color with blue shimmers. The shimmers aren't garish and really only show up on close inspection of the lips. I liked this one the best of the plums because it's not as dark as the others (plum perfect, etc) and not as pink as mauve me. It goes on sheer at first and you can build the color. I was going to buy Broadway Bronze but all three tubes in stock smelled like play-doh, but Madison Mauve had a hint of floral fragrance or something I can't put my finger on. The scent disappears after wearing and there is no taste. You've got to smell these before you buy. I know others have said this, but it does seem either each lipstick has a different formula or some have been sitting on the shelf longer than others.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2011 2:19:00 PM More reviews by nessixo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Reading through reviews and its interesting how this color is described on different skintones lol

On me this color looks like a pretty vampy purple. It does have a sheen as other people mentioned, but I actually like it. However, It's only noticeable to me when I am in direct sunlight.

I LOVE this color. My favorite for fall.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2011 11:44:00 AM More reviews by lola88

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

A great shade for fall and very unique too! It's definitely a stand out drugstore lipstick! It is a cool purple with teal duochrome.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/25/2011 1:59:00 PM More reviews by Indigirka

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

VERY different color; a far-out, outer space-hooker sort of way. On me it's a medium purple and the frost looks blue, not green. It's very cool-toned, even by the standards of purple/plum/mauve lipsticks. What it isn't is a mauve, or a lipstick that particularly suits me. (I'm just not that into frosty purples and mauves anymore at this stage in my lipstick connoisseurship, even if I once wore Majestic Mauve by L'Oreal down to a nub.) In a way, it reminds me of a frosty light blue drugstore lipstick (!) I had in the early '00s (purchased from a dollar store though I think it was from a regular drugstore brand - CoverGirl, I believe). Also, it feels the faintest bit tingly or cool on my lips - a byproduct of all the blue and/or green glitter, perhaps.

I'm keeping it around because I can see myself wearing this in a blue moon (especially to a costume party) and unlike another purple from this line (I think it was Mauveulous) it hasn't gone rancid. And if it sounds like non-rancid is the most I've come to expect from the C.S. line, it's not - it really has its charms, as a unique color.

I haven't had much luck with the purples from Color Sensational, though. The corals/reds and the naturals (though oddly, I never tried very many) seem better. I find Milla's Plum by L'Oreal (OK, this review is starting to sound like a shill for L'Oreal, but it isn't - see how much I dig their competitors, Revlon!).

[It has the shortcomings of the Color Sensational line. I prefer no scent or the fragrance of L'Oreal lipsticks to the "play doh" smell of Color Sensational, and they apparently go rancid faster than other drugstore lipsticks (see reviews). But this line has some colors not found elsewhere and is fine when not rancid.]

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2010 6:26:00 AM More reviews by alexanna7

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Got it and love it!creamy,onctuous,last long.for a darker look!love the pigmentated color!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/29/2010 3:34:00 PM More reviews by zeppelin15

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I really like this lipstick but if you have seen the ad for it, this shade looks COMPLETELY different!
In the ad, in looks like more of a brighter purple, however, it is actually pretty dark.
I wouldn't wear this in the summer, but I really like wearing this in the fall and winter when dark colours are more suitable. I think this is a really refreshing and fun lipstick to wear out for it really draws attention to the lips.

My only problem with this would be the fact that it isn't very creamy. I literally have to drag it repeatedly over my lips to get the colour going. But once I get passed that, it looks very good.

On a side note, if you have a small mouth, this lipstick will only make you mouth look smaller since it is a dark colour.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2010 8:22:00 PM More reviews by MissTash

I ADORE this lip colour....

On me, it does not look purple... it's more of a gorgeous berry/mauve colour with a blue-ish shimmer. It's one of those colours that will look different on different people. I have very neutral skin tone leaning towards olive skin, blue eyes and ashy blonde hair and this lip colour makes my whole face POP.

Amazing lipstick, lasts for ages when I put it on too. This is my current HG and really really hope it's not discontinued as I will be heart broken!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/16/2010 8:08:00 PM More reviews by Sweedalicious

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Don't be fooled by the word "Mauve" in the name. There is nothing mauve about it! This is a straight up medium-dark purple with a hint of green shimmer to it. It looks gorgeous in the tube, and even more gorgeous on. I gave it a 4 because it feels a little bit rough upon application, but once it's on it feels pretty smooth. If you don't like purple lips, I wouldn't recommend it. If you LOVE them, this color is a must!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/27/2010 2:24:00 PM More reviews by Char3300

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

After seeing an ad for this lipstick, I couldn't wait to buy it. The smell of this lipstick was so horrible, I can't imagine anyone putting this on their lips and actually speaking to someone. I returned this lipstick to the store where I purchased it thinking that there was something wrong with that specific one I bought, but the new one was the same. The smell reminds me of very, very old lipstick that's been around for years - the kind that is so old, it's time to throw it out!!! I'll pay a few dollars more and buy a department store lipstick where I can at least try it on and smell it first!!!