August 28, 2014 | 1751 users online

Moisturizers - Burt's Bees - Natural Acne Solutions - Daily Moisturizing Lotion

rated 2 of 5 on 12/10/2013 7:51:00 PM More reviews by ClaudsT

I bought this product in hopes it would help me with my breakouts and blackheads. Although it doesnt claim to treat blackhead I thought the natural antibacterial ingredients might help. I have no complaints about the packaging although it might not be to travel friendly due to the glass bottle.

Now for the lotion itself, it is slightly thick and does not absorb into the skin easily. It took a couple of hours for the lotion to sink in but this wasnt a concern for me becuase I only use it at night and by the morning it is completely absorbed. Now the problem I have with this product. About 5 minutes after applying, my face was incredibly red. My skin is not typically sensitive and I was surprised by the reaction. However I heard it is common for people to be sensitive to natural products. Another downside is that it is pretty expensive for a drug store product.

This product might work for some people who have dryer skin that can absorb the product more easily, and for people how don't have a bad reaction to it of course.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2013 5:44:00 AM More reviews by Jackieb2

This moisturizer is amazing. I have been using this product for about two weeks now (in conjunction with the other products from this acne line) and my skin has never looked better. Seriously! I have tried so many different brands of skin care; I have even spent the past two years paying hundreds of dollars for LUSH products that haven't even come close to making my skin look and feel as healthy as these products do. But this moisturizer? I can't live without it.

I wear a light "coat" of foundation about 5 days a week, as I am not fully secure yet in going to work in an office without covering up my problem skin. On the weekends, I don't wear makeup and I have found that it's slowly but surely making a difference in my skin. However, this moisturizer has a lot to do with that, as well. It's not oily at all, which I love; but it's also very moisturizing and works wonderfully under makeup. Before this, I was using a $30 moisturizer from LUSH, and it would cause my makeup to flake off during the day. GROSS. This moisturizer actually brings hydration to my skin, helps control my skin, and works perfectly under my makeup. I have also found that it works amazingly on sun-burnt skin, as well, and it feels so light on your skin. I have also found that this moisturizer has evened out my skin tone. I'm not complaining about that!

Overall, I would recommend this moizturizer to anyone with problem skin; my mom even uses it, and she's 57 and has perfect skin. It really is the most gentle but effective moisturizer I've been able to find. You've got to try it!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/21/2013 3:07:00 PM More reviews by Glitterz484

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I used this lotion for about two weeks. It claims to control oil and help acne, but it actually made my skin more oily and worsened my acne. I had oily skin to begin with, but this made my condition even worse.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2013 3:20:00 PM More reviews by noelle001

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this moisturizer! I have combination skin so it's hard for me to find a cream that moisturizes without making me oily, but I've found it :) This cream feels really nice on my skin and it has reduced some of my acne. The packaging is great and a little goes a long way. I would definitely recommend this product!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2013 8:09:00 PM More reviews by teatimes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Since I have learned that oily skin needs moisture too, I've been looking for a lightweight cream with gentle blemish fighting properties. This fit the bill. I also chose it because of how natural Burt's Bees products are in comparison to other brands. I've been using this cream for several weeks now and it's great! I have an oily t-zone and I used to get small breakouts in this area pretty often. I will still get the occasional blemish around my nose, although I think if I drank more water my skin would really benefit!

I do agree with the other reviewers in saying the packaging is not the greatest...half-way through it's not pumping out like it used to. But, I would still repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2013 12:17:00 AM More reviews by JadoreNelle

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

TIP: Exfoliate your face before applying this product. It can reduce the size of your pimples overnight when coupled with the toner from the same line. Anywho, I love this lotion. It is lightweight, not greasy and it actually works. Smells wonderful as well. Very Aveda-esque. I wish the scent came in a perfume! I felt a difference in my skin 12 hours after applying this lotion. The one MAJOR flaw is the packaging. You cant get out the last 20% or so of product. What a waste.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/11/2012 2:53:00 PM More reviews by Makeupluffer4ever

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using this for 2 years now and I haven't noticed it causing me any breakouts. I like how it moisturizes my skin, i just use a little bit and apply it with cotton ball and it goes on smoothly. I only use this under my make-up and I guess its alright. I am looking for something better that will help my make-up last longer, but I'm afraid to use a primer with silicones becuase my skin is sensitive to heavy products... I don't moisturize my skin everyday, but I use this if my skin randomly gets dry around my nose or the sides of my face and it works well.

Remember people.. most can't solve their acne problem just by using products so don't expect a miracle. Although skincare is an important step one of the biggest factors are diet and lifestyle. There is proof that wheat products, sugar, hydrogenated vegetable oils, etc. are linked to acne. In fact, changing my diet is what truly cleared my skin and I had it bad. It was all internal. Some might not breakout from certain foods becuase they are just not prone to getting acne (luckyy ducks). Anyways, I used to have extremely disgusting oily skin that got oily after 1 hour of washing my face. This is where diet played a part, once I cut out all wheat, sugar, dairy, hydrogenated oils, became gluten free, replaced it with real food and payed attention to my lifestyle, my skin type became normal. Scientific evidence shows that the culprit foods cause an overproduction of oil by raising insulin levels. More oil + dead skin cells + toxins + unbalanced hormones = acne. (countless articles online that talk about this look it up if interested) The diet is called paleo diet/lifestyle.

My skin now is pretty clear, I still get a couple tiny ones here and there and skin is normal/slightly oily in the T - zone. I don't have to even blot my face or reapply powder as my make-up stays matte all day. This is a really big accomplishment for me and if I would've known this 7 years ago it would of saved me all the embarrassment and money wasted on products that didn't work. I couldn't believe how much I improved and how it completely cut most of my oil production. Truly wonderful! I also use the Natural Acne Solutions Purifying Gel Cleanser from Burts Bees twice a day. I don't like all their products but I love these 2 from the acne line.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/21/2012 10:58:00 PM More reviews by lydiazylowski

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Hello!

Here is my first MUA review! I have combination skin, which is oilier in summer and dryer in winter.

I was pleased with this product at first, however there are mainly two reasons why I would not buy this product again.

1) After a couple of weeks my acne got worse,
2) Sometimes my face would go oily depending on the time of the day.

Apart from this there were also some good effects, my pores reduced in size drastically, however I was more concerned with having less acne on my face.

Thanks for your time ppl!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/21/2012 6:58:00 PM More reviews by GorgeousWednesday

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I cannot believe that this has such a high rating (higher then my beloved peach scrub)! I love burt's bees but I HATE this product. I have combination skin which is extremely dry and if I don't have a really good moisturizer it becomes super oily! This did not work as a moisturizer! It left pools of oil on my face! I broke out so bad with this I just threw it out. Luckily the Burt's bees spot treatment helped clear my skin again. DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/31/2012 8:29:00 AM More reviews by funkiiechunkiiemunkiie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this product because i was tired of putting harsh chemicals on my face and wanted something to at least preserve my skin. At first i thought this product was doing wonders to my face but i was wrong. it's about 90 degrees out at times, hot and humid and this thing makes me look like a grease-pan. awful. it's even oily when i'm under freezing cold air. i now have more breakouts than i did before all over my t-zone. i never got breakouts on my nose and chin now i have them. for $18 bucks this should have been working the wonders of its claims. for now i'll stick with my neutrogena naturals products which seem to work best.