October 21, 2014 | 2062 users online

Scrubs - Burt's Bees - Natural Acne Solutions - Pore Refining Scrub

rated 4 of 5 on 1/22/2014 1:42:00 AM More reviews by NaturallyMichaelsGirl

I brought the product at Walmart for about $9-$10. Honestly I thought the product wasn't so bad. I think it was one of those products where the more you use it the better it works. I only used the product once and I saw a bit of improvement in my skin, I noticed less breaks out. I love the smell it had (though others might disagree). But sadly after I used it all I never bought it again because I thought the price was out of my price range. I would recommend it.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/3/2013 11:41:00 PM More reviews by dae2dae2

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have been reading reviews about this product. I have developed menopausal acne after a lifetime of mild acne. I don't even know if this condition is "acne".

I am giving this product a 4 because there is a learning curve in its usage and in label directions.

I am giving this product 4 on price because your can use very little to achieve results and avoid that waxy/oily feeling afterwards. Labeling can be improved.

I get blocked pores. On occasion, I "pick" with tweezers to extract cone shaped white objects from lesions. They feel like splinters under my skin. If they are not removed, they "heal over", just to reproduce themselves again - so I physically remove them.

I have been using this product for over 3 months, several times a week. I am very pleased with the help to my skin's appearance.

I happen to love the smooth, circular beads. I do not need crushed shells tearing at my skin, causing micro-wounds to my skin's surface.

Here is what has been working for me:
- Use only in the shower
- Wet face and massage only a small amount of product onto face first thing
- Allow to remain on face the whole time I am in the shower
- Occasionally re-massage the beads with clean, wet hands
- Continue shampooing, shaving, etc while product remains in contact with my face
- Massage around - keep moist

For me, I believe that extended contact, product to skin, is key. Sure, many of us want to scrub our faces with the consistency of sand to feel exfoliated.

This product also has "Natural Fruit Complexes" that do a much better job at exfoliation. The Jojoba beads provide a bit of mechanical exfoliation, but the physical exchange is from the fruit. Beads scrub - fruit breaks bonds and nourishes..

I like the "film" left on my skin - it's protecting and still working. Embedded blackheads extract with a simple, mindless squeeze as I do inventory on my face. Pop - Dang, that mess is out of my pore once and for all!

Slight peeling from the fruit easily peels away to reveal healthy skin. Lesions that I have forgotten about are releasing peeling away skin - almost like flaking, but not dry flaking at all. Get your tweezer - pull that flake and it's gone! For good!

So, for me, this product has earned its place in my shower. I learned how to appreciate it and what to expect from it.

It is very healing for my skin. (Sorry - another mindless picking - there goes another empty flake...)

rated 2 of 5 on 7/16/2013 11:44:00 AM More reviews by noelle001

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Usually I love all Burt's Bees products, but this one just didn't work for me. I didn't really see that much of a difference in my skin after using it and those beads literally took a week to get out of my hairline. I was waking up each day with white beads everywhere and I thought they were dandruff before I realized it was the scrub I'd been using.
The only good thing about this product is that it did exfoliate my skin and made it feel refreshed, but it didn't help my acne at all. I won't be purchasing this again because it's definitely not worth the price.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/6/2013 11:03:00 AM More reviews by KristyBarrr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Now I'm not sure if this was suppose to happen but It didn't seem like a good thing to me. The first time I used this products ( used at night before bed time ) I woke up with a face full of white heads. I have sensitive skin ( to fragrances ) so I don't know if this is what caused it. But literally everytime I used it I woke up with massive white heads at first I thought it was clearing them out but it was continuous and disgusting. I definitely wouldn't recommend or buy again

rated 2 of 5 on 5/22/2013 1:30:00 PM More reviews by xlinzie

Not my favorite product.

Pros: I like the scent and the texture. It's very creamy and moisturizing, but still feels like it's cleaning your skin.

Cons: The scrubby bits are really big and I feel like there is not enough of them in the product. When scrubbing my face there are so few of them sometimes that it seems like I am not using a scrub at all. I prefer my scrubs to be really fine and more dense.

Overall it was just ok. I didn't notice any difference in my skin - good or bad. I will not repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/4/2013 11:55:00 AM More reviews by smahama

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I'm starting to find that most Burt's Bees acne/pore products fall short, at least for my skin (dry to normal). It smelled kinda strange, but left a horrible thick residue on my skin. I felt dirtier after using it.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/19/2013 3:37:00 PM More reviews by Mischievous1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Great scrub for someone with mild acne. My skin reacts well to all natural ingredients and it loves when I use this. It isn't so much of an exfoliator but if you have acne, sometimes exfoliating with harsh beads can aggrevate your acne. This exfoliated just enough for me as my skin is sensitive. It did leave a waxy type of film on my skin but I used a toner after and it took away most of the wavy feeling. As for cleansing I"m not sure how well it removes makeup. I use a makeup remover lotion before I cleanse/exfoliate.
The smell is a bit odd. Kind of medicical with a hint of lemon/orange/grass. The scent was offputting at first. This left my skin soft, glowing and pores look more refined. I will definetly be purchasing this again as I found it on sale at Walmart for $3. It seems to do a better job than Body Shop tea tree blackhead clearing scrub.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/21/2012 6:52:00 PM More reviews by GorgeousWednesday

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

The exfoliating beads in this are great because they are gentle. And I really like that it kept acne at bay. But they tried to make it moisturizing and although it is (kind of) it has a weird feeling to it and if you don't put on a good moisturizer quick enough it becomes waxy. As well the bottle cannot be kept in the shower because it collects water in the cap and waters down the scrub (I had to throw mine out). I much prefer the Peach scrub by burts bees. It is extremely moisturizing on my dry skin, gets rid of my blackheads. The peach scrub is a much better buy!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/19/2012 9:48:00 PM More reviews by nilorac123321

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really like this.
I don't have bad acne. It's very mild. I have like 1-5 blemishes at MAX.
I wanted something that killed two birds with one stone. Prevented acne, and exfoliated. This did the trick. I see no blemishes, and my skin is super smooth.
:D Very happy.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/16/2011 12:54:00 PM More reviews by kaltblutig

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Bad product.

This stuff leaves a greasy/waxy film on my skin. NOT what I am looking for to help my acne-prone skin. After using this, I need to wash my face with Cetaphil. Also, there,s not enough grains/exfoliating beads to actually exfoliate. Too bad because I really wanted to like this product because I kinda have a soft spot for Burt's bee...
I guess I'll be sticking with their lip balms!