December 18, 2014 | 1202 users online

Treatments (Face) - Burt's Bees - Natural Acne Solutions - Targeted Spot Treatment

rated 1 of 5 on 9/27/2014 7:22:00 PM More reviews by ckelley91

This product works really good. Got rid of my pimple in a couple of days. I get a lot of cystic acne and it takes longer to work on those but it does take away the spot and reduces redness gradually. The packaging sucks. It's hard to get it out. To avoid a lot of treatment coming out I usually have to put my finger over the opening and turn it upside down a few times to get a good amount for just one spot out. Other than that, I'd definitely buy it again. Probably look into the treatment that you can roll on so it would be easier. It's a lot better for your skin than BP spot treatments!

Update: This product worked really good at first (it's been about a month) .. or I was just hoping it would because I really love Burt's Bees products. Unfortunately, I think this has been making my pimples even worse after a while of using it. I have a feeling it's causing me to break out more than usual. I'm discontinuing it today and I'll make another update if my pimples have healed and decreased.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/2/2014 12:52:00 AM More reviews by fongyukyuu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I use this as a sal-acid exfoliator in my regime. I have large pores, oily skin, and tons of blackheads. I previously used Neutrogena's 3-in-1 Hydrating Acne Treatment, but it's very hard to get a hold of in stores, so when after doing a lot of research on here, beautypedia, amazon, ulta, sephora... I decided that this was 2nd best, so when I saw it on clearance ($3! a steal) at a local CVS, I snagged it. The product itself isn't horrible... tiny bottle not worth the full price though. I have large pores on my check bones, so I'll sometimes apply it to my cheek area and the alcohol content does sting my eyes a bit. There's not discernible horrible smell to it, but something that REALLY BOTHERED ME is the PACKING. IT'S ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE. The opening is similar to the one found on a lot of toners, but with this bottle, the surface tension often clogs the tiny opening, so I would have to dab a few times for the product to come gushing out, often spilling some, which is really a waste, since it's such a small bottle to begin with. However, after using the entire bottle, I do have to say that it has shrunk, but it's not worth the hassle. Re-ordered the Neutrogena from Amazon (thank gosh for Prime frees shipping!)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2014 3:32:00 PM More reviews by dramaqueenie2

I got this as a spot treatment for pimples and it is working well. I use it in combination withthe MUAC Blemish Clearing Gel to target problem areas. I like the following attributes of this product:
1. Does not make my skin really dry
2. Absorbs quickly
3. Diminishes pimples over night.
4. Prevents new pimples

rated 4 of 5 on 2/9/2014 12:49:00 AM More reviews by OldBlueEyes76

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

It works. It really works. I got this as part of a "grab bag" from the Burt's Bees website. So pleasantly surprised to receive something that is awesome!! I even like the smell (it kind of reminds me of Necco wafers.) My only complaint would be the packaging. It's an open bottle, no dropper, no way to get just a drop. I use a Q-Tip, and it works 'okay' but I know I'm wasting product by having it absorb into the cotton. I will try using my finger but I doubt I'll get the same precise application. Other than that, I love it and how quickly it helps my pimples dry up and fade away!!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2013 4:12:00 PM More reviews by krystal34

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this a few days ago to get rid of a pimple i've had for a few months now since everything i've done to try to get rid of it has only irritated it more and made it bigger. After only a few days of using this product twice a day, the pimple has gone from bright red to light pink and is definitely smaller. I even love the smell of it. It's also best applied using your fingertips instead of a cotton ball or q-tip. In love with this product so far.. very impressed!
Update: After about a week of using the spot treatment i was finally able to pop the pimple. (I know you're not supposed to pop them but the puss needed to come out somehow) Anyway, no more pimple now.. just a little pink spot because it is healing. This stuff is amazing!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2013 12:33:00 PM More reviews by Rosse86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Like their other similar product in the roll-on packaging, the packaging on this is not optimal. Way too much comes out each time, making it hard to just "spot treat", plus it runs out quickly. And while it mostly contains natural, great acne fighting ingredients, I am not happy with the high alcohol content. The alcohol smells bad, stings and is drying.

I am now using this as an ingredient in my home made facial cream, and sticking to pure essential lavender oil for spot treating!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/19/2013 3:05:00 AM More reviews by WendyTran

I have been using this product for almost 2 months now.
Pros:
-unlike other acne treatments, this does not make my skin really dry
-absorbs quickly
-After putting this on a new pimple, it gets smaller the day after
-prevents pimples

Cons:
-The smell is quite strong (It sometimes stings my eyes when i put some between my eyebrows,,,)
-The packaging is hard to use
-For me, it diminishes a new pimple, but it still didnt go away
-The price

Overall, i like this product, would repurchase, but I dont think its the BEST acne treatment...

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2013 6:09:00 AM More reviews by sandyswitchblade

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have very dry acne prone, psoriasis, sensitive skin. I get those annoying flaky blemishes that just stand out. Well i've kept my acne a manageable state for months with just fragrance free Dove bar soap and Cetaphil cream but once summer hit, I got the worst breakout if my LIFE! Being that I have really really dry sensitive skin, I thought id try the cetaphil collection of cleaners, but they just made me breakout in cystic acne. Next I tried the Yes to tomatoes gel cleaner which was okay. But I ran into the Burt's bees acne line at target and only bought this little guy. This stuff is a miracle!!! I just wash my face with fragrance free dove bar soap, apply this liquid gold with a Q-Tip and top it with a thin later of cetaphil lotion. My skin has literally cleared up in 5 days! Doesn't cause my zits to flake and prevents my healing acne to darken and scare. Ahhh i'm so happy! Just try it already!!! Promise you won't regret it. ;D

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2013 9:54:00 AM More reviews by bluestar21

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This product is natural, which I like, but there are too many problems with it. As others have said, there are no direction on how to use it. I've been taking about 5 drops (which come out really fast due to the packaging) and rub it all over my face with my fingers. It's meant to be used as a spot treatment, but from what I understand salicylic acid works more as a preventative treatment. The bottle is tiny for the amount you get. It smells strongly of licorice. I used this for a few weeks and saw no difference in appearance of my acne. I would skip buying this treatment and purchase another product with SA instead of this one.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/24/2013 1:12:00 AM More reviews by MayiraMia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Tried this today for 1st time. I don't know why but I've been getting blemishes on my back. Feels like it dried out the pimples right away. I hope it works out well.