Burt's Bees Natural Acne Solutions - Purifying Gel Cleanser

3.6

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Active Ingredients: Salicylic Acid (1.0%)(Acne Treatment) Inactive Ingredients: Water, Decyl Glucoside, Lauryl Glucoside, Sucrose Laurate, Salix Nigra Bark Extract (Willow), Coco Betaine, Betaine, Beta Vulgaris Root Extract (Beet), Oenothera Biennis Leaf Extract (Evening Primrose), Sodium Cocoyl Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Hydroxypropyltrimonium Honey, Glycerin, Glyceryl Oleate, Coco Glucoside, Fragrance, Glucose, Alcohol Denat., Glucose Oxidase, Lactoperoxidase, Citric Acid, Sodium Chloride, Phenoxyethanol

on 3/22/2015 4:17:00 AM

coming from your average acne-prone girl, I was led to the expectation of thinking that this would help my acne. However, it did the exact opposite. I used this and their Acne-Solutions moisturizer hand in hand. I just finished both bottles and I could honestly say that it made my acne worse and everything flourished. The texture on my skin after using the wash was very dry and tight but putting on the moisturizer after definitely helped. I actually really liked the scent though, it was fresh and had natural scent. Furthermore, it also did a great job of taking my makeup off (lot's of coverage) but in order for that to happen I had to struggle with lathering bubbles beforehand. During the use, I noticed more frequent cystic pimples and tiny bumps everywhere. I had high hopes for this product and I can only wish that it has a positive effect on someone else.

on 12/27/2014 12:58:00 PM

i bought this only because of the price- trying to save up lately. this product is useless for acne it did nothing to improve my skin condition. i actually felt more oil on my oily skin after using it. and also i use alot of it at one time it is not very foaming so not really economicall.

i recommend to try other brands.

on 9/2/2014 5:13:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I use this face wash 2 times a week and truthfully, it doesn't do too much for my skin. It removes excess oil that's on my face, but other than that, I haven't seen any significant improvement in my acne. The soapy smell is not repulsive, but it is a bit strong. Try to avoid getting this stuff anywhere near your mouth because it tastes exactly how it smells.
I had a huge issue with the bottle it came in. The cap is very loose and is not good for any travelling whatsoever. If it tilts a little bit, a lot of the product runs out and creates a huge sticky mess. On many occasions, my bottle had been knocked over the edge of the counter and by the time I noticed it, there was already a pool of cleanser on the floor.
I suppose this product is decent if you just want something to help remove excess oils and if you already have relatively acne free skin. But I am pretty sure you can find a better product for a cheaper price.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Pros:
-No animal testing

Cons:
-1% isn't a lot of SA
-the packaging is very leaky
-not a lot of product for the price you pay
-doesn't remove eye make up

I used to love this. It cleared up my skin and my skin stayed relatively clear for about 3-4 months. However, it's losing its effectiveness on me. I'm not sure why that is. I do know that now I can use it both morning and night religiously and I'm still getting frequent (almost daily?) break outs. It's such a pain in the neck to travel with. It almost always leaks out from under the cap that screws on top whenever I take it anywhere with me in a cosmetic bag or a purse.

on 2/8/2014 9:48:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I recently ordered this product because i have heard many nice things about it . I have used it for about a week now and i can say that it can not remove light makeup :( , furthermore , even though it is not make my skin break out or dry but my skin become extremely oily and all the makeup and foundation keep running off , my whole face looks cakey eventhough i apply only a thin thin layer or cc cream

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

When i first used this, my forehead broke out sooooooo bad !!! it later calmed down and i got excited because i though my skin was clearing up, but it just stayed the same:( it hasnt helped with oiliness or my mild stubborn acne, would not repurchase

on 11/10/2013 11:17:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've started using this cleanser a few times a week at night to help with hormonal breakouts. It rinses off makeup well, smells fantastic (like lemons) and lathers nicely. My skin is left soft and blemish free. A couple drops is all I need so one bottle will last ages.

on 10/5/2013 11:44:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I absolutely LOVE this cleanser! It works wonders for my skin and is a great makeup remover as well. It isn't badly priced, around $12 at Target and lasts a pretty long time (depending on how much you wash your face). I highly recommend trying this product. I have normal skin and mild acne and this cleanser does the trick!!

on 9/17/2013 6:47:00 AM

I love this cleanser! I have acne and these cleanser truly does wonders for my skin. When I wash my face with the cleanser, my skin feels so smooth and soft. I kid you not. I have an oily face and the cleanser does a great job of removing the oils. My face feels so clean when I use this cleanser. In addition, I have noticed that my face has significantly cleared up with this cleanser. It has also turned more soft and has gotten a more even skin tone. Bottom line, this is my most favorite cleanser ever. I love its natural ingredients and isn't too expensive. Its so gentle on my skin! I would recommend to anyone. Almost done with my second bottle!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Other

Another so-so acne product. This cleanser broke me out everywhere! I never broke out on my forehead and chin before but after using this,I have acne all over my face. I started getting whiteheads around my nose also. When I went back to Murad, my skin stopped breaking out completely. I will never repurchase. I'll just stick to their lip balms.