April 17, 2014 | 1821 users online

Lipstick - Maybelline - Color Sensational 145 Plaza Pink

rated 3 of 5 on 2/26/2013 8:27:00 PM More reviews by SwingDancer87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Blue

Plaza Pink is a mauvey-pink color. It is not a vibrant color, but more of a dusty and muted pink that is great as a neutral lip shade for day. I would not repurchase because I'm not in love with the color. I like it, but just not crazy about it. The formula is creamy and long-lasting.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/7/2012 1:26:00 PM More reviews by deadonarrival

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Dusty mauve pink. Very cool toned w/ strong purple undertone yet muted. Pretty color and works well with my skintone (NC40). Pigmented and has almost a matte finish. Decent staying power about 5 hours on average. I wouldn't repurchase because of the formula. I find CS lipsticks to be drying and they have an offensive scent to them. 4 lippies is based on 1. Color 2. Pigmentation 3. Finish and 4. Price.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2012 8:15:00 PM More reviews by Cailee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I'm a brunette with a fair to medium skin tone (usually very fair, though), and darker hazel eyes. I guess with my coloring, I tend to pull off mauve shades quite well without looking too grandma-ish or mature. I do have to disagree with the reviews that stated that this color leans very brown, because, well, it doesn't look brown to me at all. Maybe the slightest touch of brown, but it's a definitive shade of dark mauve-pink. However, Plaza Pink is one of those colors that is, sadly, too mature and 'old-looking' for my personal taste. Looks fine when blotted on and glossed over, and when done in that method, I instantly feel like it brightens my face a bit, and I look more polished. But it can easily look 'cheap.' Formula is very creamy and is rich with pigment, doesn't settle into any lines, doesn't bleed, but these lipsticks only last 30 minutes tops on me, and then they fade to nothing. Also, I'm not usually sensitive to scent, but the smell of this particular shade is PUTRID. It smells like rotten fruit mixed with a nice dose of dirty underwear. And it wouldn't bother me as much if the scent didn't LINGER on my lips. Yuck. The smell alone brought a 3 rating down to a 2. At least the packaging was nice.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/4/2011 6:47:00 PM More reviews by glamstep

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

This is a MLBB shade, with a mauvey brown undertone. Its a creme finish & decently moisturizing, but doesn't show up much on my pigmented lips. Also its a misnomer, as theres no hints of pink in it. I own too many similar natural shades to repurchase this one, its ok in my books, nothing phenomenal.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2011 1:47:00 AM More reviews by Menolikepolos

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a beautiful MAUVE shade. Yes, not pink - MAUVE. It is similar to MAC Syrup, as some others have mentioned, but less glossy because of the difference in formula and and can appear a little darker and less purple.

I am NW15, and this is a beautiful shade on my skin tone. A little dark, so can't just throw it on and go, but it always looks polished and in sync with the rest of my look. A definite recommend.

My profile, for FYI:
NW10/15, cool toned, blue eyes, normal/oily skin, 3a fine but coarse curly hair but I wear straight thanks to keratin treatments!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/15/2011 9:17:00 PM More reviews by medusacanibal

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Perfect for everyday use! I use this when I don't want my lips to be bare but I don't want to apply a vibrant and/or bold lipstick (I only have reds, bright pinks, and violets, and in-betweens). It's creamy and moisturizing yet it has a lovely pink neutral tone.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2011 1:07:00 PM More reviews by LazyLittleLady

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Plaza Pink has become my absolute favorite everyday lipstick. The color really works with my olive skin and is a pink-y mauve on me...a color that goes with everything. The formula is lovely, very moisturizing and creamy. I highly recommend it but make sure you have a quick smell of your lipstick and make sure it smells like vanilla.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2010 12:02:00 AM More reviews by mightymittens

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

After standing at the Maybelline counter swatching lipsticks on my wrist I decided to go with this one. Well I'm glad I spent time doing that because this is a great MLBB shade! It's creamy, slightly darker and leans a bit towards mauve on me. Like others have said it is not at all like the bright pink on the picture when it's on my lips. Maybe it has something to do with my own pigmentation?

Plaza pink is a smooth, creamy lipstick with no shimmer in it at all. It has a soft, smooth shine to it. I find the color shown on the bottom of the tube is pretty true to what it represents inside. It lasts a good while on me and feels quite nice. I actually really like the smell of it too! The packaging is cute but the tape to seal it at the bottom was a *@&^% to come off.

I will definitely get myself some other colours from this collection too! If you're not sure of the colours just swatch them on your wrist if you have samples, see how you like the colour compared to your skin tone.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/13/2010 7:10:00 PM More reviews by htibbetts

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm really liking the Color Sensational line and find myself picking up a new color to try every time I stop by CVS. Yesterday I picked out Plaza Pink due to the reviews on MUA. This one delivers a soft, rosy, slightly mauve color that stays put for a couple hours. I reach for it on days when I want a natural, but still pulled together look. Great packaging, great cost, especially during BOGOF sales.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2010 6:18:00 PM More reviews by alburn10

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I fell in love with Mac Syrup that is my holy grail of lip products. I went on a search for a drugstore dupe and found it. Plaza pink is perfect! The perfect pink to wear for everyday or can be worn for more formal events. With it being drug store, I fear that they will discontinue it, so BOGO here I come.