October 1, 2014 | 1246 users online

Palettes - Bobbi Brown - Best of Bobbi 7-Piece Collection

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2010 7:37:00 PM More reviews by cosec00

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

For reference, I am a BB Sand 2.5, NW25-30. I picked this set up at QVC last year. I love everything that came with it but the palette is my fav by far. I wear it nearly every day--I love it more than the shimmering nudes palette I have.

BB shadows are lovely, wear everyday to the office colors that blend wonderfully, super smooth and well pigmented. I use UDPP and these last all day. (Pitch the brush that comes with it--waste of time and money.)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2009 4:55:00 PM More reviews by coolbabe377

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is the collection that QVC came out with at the end of May...their TSV, and I wanted a review for MUA. For reference I'm BB Warm Ivory with neutral tones in my skin. Look terrible in anything too cool or too warm.

It is a wonderful kit...especially for those who love BB, but don't own EVERYTHING of hers (as I'm beginning to), and one that would be great for an introductory kit especially if you have just a little skill and patience. If you haven't been around BB...It takes some sense of play and experiment to get used to her and her subltle variations that really are different.

It has two seven well palettes...one for eyes (with a double sided eyeliner and eyeshadow brush) and one for lips (with an enclosed lip brush) both housed in shiny black BB cases, a full size long wear gel liner in Black, mini pot rouge in Rose (hard to find), mini crystal lip gloss (one of my favorite things on the planet), a mini black Everything mascara, and the most useful mini Ultra Fine Eyeliner brush.
The eye palette has:

Navajo-Matte es (like Ivory, but with a little pink)
Mica shimmer wash-(neutral, sheer taupe more on the warm side w/gold tones)
Velvet Plum Metallic-metallic medium brown w/ some burgundy hints (at least this is how it looked on my lids) I know people love this, but I couldn't get it to work for me, and this is one of the shades I wanted. It looked murky on me.
Hot Stone-Beloved medium almost dark matte neutral (I call it my Khaki w/ no green;)
Rock shimmer wash-neutral taupe grey that will give you all of the punch and none of the blueness (as another reviewer noted) that many grey es's do
Espresso-black/brown matte almost always used for liner

In other words...For all except the Velvet Plum Metallic...This eyeshadow palette is the Stonewashed Nudes es palette introduced in July of '07 (which I do not own), and so for more elequent reviews on most of the shades...check them out:) This palette makes my EYES look very green. I'm so used to the Nudes now. They're not boring to me since they make ME look pretty and colorful. Sure...the really bright eyeshadows look good, but do they make me look that good? I don't think so, and every one of these shades can be used for daytime as well as evening. Some of the shadows are a little looser than they used to be, but that's because (as another reviewer wrote)...BB took the parabens out (and some other elements) when she did the Stonewashed Nudes. They are all very silky.

The lip palette is a winner:

Italian Rose Creamy Lip Color-a dark medium color that's almost a red, a little darker and warmer than Blue Raspberry, but with some peachy tones. It's a modern neutral red if that's possible.
Nude Pink Lip Color-Beige Pink really light
Heather Buff Creamy Lip Color-I was surprised that I liked this. Tried this on at a BB counter and it looked too brown, but in the palette everything is sheerer.
Uber Pink-pretty pinky pink...a favorite of most...a little deeper than Nude Pink and more colorful.
Baby Peach Metallic Creamy lip Color-This was a surprise...the softest and most wearable shade. Looked so sweet and summery on my lips. I thought that I always needed blue in my lip colors, and this has none and looks great, and so innocent.
Dusk Metallic Lip Color-Really deep burgundy brown, but sheer. Actually not too bad.
Kir Metallic Lip Color-Deep Berry and sheer in the palette--very wearable.

Some of the shades may not match BB's descriptions (both in lips and eyes, but this is how they work with my coloring. I love a lip palette...not to take with me, but for when I'm doing my mu at home. I can mix and match and create my own colors. Some people complained that they're sheer in the lip palette, but I like that. Then I take a basic lipstick or two with me.

The other products speak for themselves and although the pot rouge and mascara are minis...My gosh!...I wish I had all minis. I still have one Summer Pink that I received as a sample almost two years ago, and it's only half gone. The mini eyeliner brush is a gem. I use it for the powder shadows. It is so precise!

I do have to add that I returned this set even though I purchased it as a TSV. Why? It's because Nordstrom came out with their yearly special called "Bobbi Brown Must-Have-Set" I still had most of a gift certificate that I received for my B-Day, The lip palette (which was supposed to be exclusive) is part of the set. Also...a rare find...Two full sized eyeshadows in Hot Stone and Nude Metallic Beach housed in a two-pan personal and exchangable palette. The gel liner is in Espresso (better for my fair complexion than Black). This set has a two-sided mini brush (one for eyeshadow...the other for fine eyelining), and I won't bore you with another review of such a similar product. Will possibley review the two eyeshadows, because Nude Beach is exclusive to this and another Nude set (I think it's Shimmering Nudes...too many nudes) and I've only tried the Hot Stone in the TSV.

Also...At the same time that the Nordstrom's mid-year special came out...The new Nudes eyeshadow palette came out, and I really love the way that looks.

All in all, though...The "Best of Bobbi 7-piece Collection" is still a better value. I received it for almost $90, and it's now going for like $102.

My gosh that was long, but somebody had to do it...lol!

Sure hope it helps:)