April 21, 2014 | 908 users online

Makeup Brushes - Sigma - Essential Kit - Make Me Blush

rated 4 of 5 on 12/29/2013 5:59:00 AM More reviews by MissTaDa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have this kit & I'm extremely happy with it. I am not a professional make up artist & I have never invested in buying MAC brushes (simply too expensive to justify). For simple, everyday makeup application the quality, variety & value of this kit is spot on. I don't feel the need to upgrade now either.....these brushes are good enough for what I do with make up.
My only suggestion would be to get rid of the foundation brush & swap it with the F80 (my absolute favourite foundation brush!).

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2013 12:47:00 PM More reviews by Gjones7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I actually really love these brushes. They're so soft and such good quality. For me, someone who loves quality makeup but doesn't want to spend a whole ton of money buying individual brushes from MAC, these are great. While these brushes aren't cheap, you get 12 in the kit which is much cheaper than buying individual ones. I got the set in aqua blue, which makes me love them even more.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/16/2013 1:45:00 AM More reviews by zurbaby

I own a lot of make up brushes but I find myself reaching for these. It has 12 brushes with everything you need. Except a buffing brush or a fan brush which is totally fine. This set is amazing and I cant say anything else. Btw -they dont shed AT ALL

rated 4 of 5 on 7/6/2013 10:28:00 AM More reviews by monicahines44

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love these brushes I don't know why everyone hates them. I don't have them with me so I don't know the names of the brushes or the names of the set but I got the blue one. I love them all. God quality. They do shed at first use but that's my experience with every make up brush... Good quality all of them have lasted me good as new for about 2 years. Only complaint is there is an angled face brush good for contouring but no blush brush. Maybe one of those and less eye brushes. Or maybe a lip brush!! Love the containers too. Great produce

rated 2 of 5 on 2/1/2013 3:41:00 PM More reviews by dmeira

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got the "make me crazy" set, wich is prety much the same thing. I have ssen so many great reviews os those brushes, I got them for 99 US dollars...
The fist thing I want to make clear in this review is thet they are not the same as MAC brushes. Donīt come even close to the quality of MAC brushes.
This set is an expensive good set for starters.
Somo brushes are too big for my eyes, but I got used to them, and I manage to use them well.
They shed a lot. I have the kit for a year and half, use them a lot and have washed those brushes several times. They shed like new brushes and the duo fiber brush loses a black ink everytime i wash it.
I am very carefull with my brushes and I am used to care propelly for them.
Overall, they are "fine".
For the price (at the time), I got 12 brushes, so they are not that expensive after all.
Definitely not anything like MAC brushes...This isan important thing to say about sigma brushes.
If you are looking for quality, is better to get one at time and built your MAC brushes set...

rated 1 of 5 on 1/11/2013 12:38:00 PM More reviews by gabriela225

I bought the Sigma brush set after hearing multiple reviews and subsequent raves on it from YouTube and I must say, I do not understand what the fuss is about!! They are terrible!!! Before Sigma, I was using Sephora and E.L.F. Brushes, which are SO MUCH BETTER QUALITY THAN SIGMA BRUSHES!!! So upset I gave Sigma a shot. THEY SHED SO MUCH!! And the brush hairs are very course and dark, so you end up with dark hairs all over your face!!! DO NOT BUY THEM!!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2012 8:12:00 PM More reviews by DrMAC

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

The face brushes SHED like a mother and I've had them for years! I switched to Real Techniques powder brush and foundation brush due to all the shedding. Some shedding is normal, but I shouldn't have black hairs stuck to my face each time I use it! The eye brushes are overall good though. Buy the eye kit and then buy the face brushes from somewhere else!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2012 10:50:00 PM More reviews by xryuusei

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is honestly the only brush set you'll ever need. It's been 2 years and my brushes are in top notch quality (Save for a few bristle fallouts). They are as good as I received them before, but I wish Sigma would stop increasing the price. I bought it 2 years ago for $69 (Without the brush roll), now the kit is $109 (including the holder thing).

I think it's a great kit and would recommend it to anyone, beginner or pro makeup users!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/31/2011 11:48:00 AM More reviews by Kidlike

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

I've bought the make me classy kit from sigma. I know alot of people compare them to MAC brushes but I wouldn't!

PROS :-

- complete pack with all you need as a beginner to start your set.
- love the holder! makes travel and storage super easy and practical.
- the eyeshadow brushes are decent and don't shed
- compared to high end brushes a decent price.
- brushes are super soft.

CONS :-

- the angled blush brush is rubbish, pure rubbish!!!
- the stippling brush is good but sheds alot!
- for some people the shading brush can be considered too big this is mostly if you have hooded eyes. plus it doesn't pack the colour that well.
- the eyeliner brush is too thick so won't apply a nice fine line.

overall I don't feel like I've wasted my money, the brushes are rather good for the price, as long as you are not a Make-up professional you'll find the price and the quality acceptable but not WoW.

I'm always wondering if my skunk brush (the stippling one) will go bald on day XD

rated 4 of 5 on 11/13/2011 9:06:00 PM More reviews by Xiaored

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

So I know that people have mixed feelings on these brushes. I bought these as individuals and picked out the ones I needed. I got a large face brush for free. That one was horrible. It shed like crazy. The other brushes were really nice. They do not shed at all and apply well. I would agree with most people that these are not exactly professional quality, but for my money they are dang close. I am not in the business so take what I say with a grain of salt. Makeup is my hobby, I love the stuff, and spend hours playing in what my husband calls my "princess room." I have a lot of hours on these brushes and they have not disappointed me yet. I do have some MAC brushes and I like them also, but I don't have any that the Sigma brushes could be considered dups of so I cannot compare that regard. Bottom line for an everyday girl these are a winner.