August 1, 2014 | 1680 users online

Brows - Revlon - Brow Styling Gel

rated 3 of 5 on 4/9/2014 9:28:00 AM More reviews by lilshaxter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this because it was super cheap - I believe $3. Though it does have some downfalls, I found that I learned to work with it. For that reason I gave it 3 lippies.
Initially I just used it to hold my brows in place and even with very minimal product I still got flaking after a few hours. People would ask me why I had white things in my eyebrows.
Then I started to fill in my eyebrows by taking this gel on the brush and pressing it lightly on an eyeshadow that resembled my brow color. I would swipe it through my eyebrows and voila.
I noticed if I don't use a ton of the gel I wouldn't get as much flaking.
With that, I found that it actually a mediocre eyebrow gel.
I would simply repurchase it again because it suits my needs and was a total bargain.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/25/2013 3:59:00 PM More reviews by LydzQcFi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Black

I wish I saw all those reviews before I bought this. This product is mediocre at best. The comb is okay I guess, it combs, but then the gel does nothing to keep it in place. If you wear makeup in your eyebrows, the gel will take some away and clump it into a blob. If you don't wear anything but the gel, it's still going to show flaking after maybe 10 minutes. Don't get sucked into its cheap price- it's cheap for a reason. This doesn't work and I gave it many chances.
Oh well, maybe the gel can still find its use as an ant farm...

rated 1 of 5 on 5/29/2013 9:03:00 AM More reviews by beefnoodles

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this on a whim because I found it for $2. I found that it applied too much product and made my eyebrows look like I had applied hair gel on to them. And it flakes so much. Not an attractive look. I'd rather go without brow gel than put this brow gel on. To add to the flakiness, it would make my eyebrows itch like crazy for days after.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/21/2013 6:15:00 PM More reviews by jacquie649

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This stuff is terrible! It doesn't hold my brows in place at all and starts to flake after a few hours. My brows end up looking like they have dandruff in them. GROSS!!! I will probably end up throwing it in the garbage. DO NOT BUY!! Waste of money.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/29/2012 10:19:00 AM More reviews by Emspirations

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

The brow gel I typically use was out of stock, so I bought the Revlon Brow Gel. One of the worst drug store purchases I have ever made.

First of all, there was absolutely no hold with the product so it did not keep my brows in place. Secondly, if I applied multiple layers or if I touched my brows throughout the day, they would flake! It looked like I had eyebrow dandruff.

The only reason why I did not give it a 1 is because it actually did a good job of grooming the brows initially- it just did not hold and flaked terribly. I do not recommend this product.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2012 10:18:00 PM More reviews by synmyn

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I read all the rotten reviews below and bought this brow gel anyway, so I have no one to blame but myself.

As others have noted, this flakes terribly. I tossed it after a couple of tries.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/12/2011 12:03:00 AM More reviews by mec1223

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Very disappointed in this product. Like others have said, it flakes like CAHRAZEEE, even after just one brush through my brows!

I used to use clear Great Lash, but couldn't find it when I was shopping for a brow gel, so I picked this up...MAJOR FAIL!

If I can find the receipt, I will be returning it to Ulta.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/25/2011 2:32:00 PM More reviews by so_1978

Not a good product. Flakes MAJORLY!! Do not buy. Wanted to like it but nothing about this product is likeable.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2011 12:01:00 AM More reviews by sterlingK

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Other

Not great. You have to apply a lot of this gel to get any kind of hold and when you apply enough it gets flaky. It's better than nothing for my sparse brows that are so thin I can't even trim them or there would be nothing left but I'll be searching for another gel (waxes don't work well for me). I like the tube and brush and it was pretty cheap, that's why the 2. Would not repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/16/2010 2:35:00 AM More reviews by chubbieecheeks

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this product sucks. my brow hairs stay in place, but it flakes like crazy within an hour! my friend thought my brows had dandruff. not cute, not at all. it's not super pricey, but the price pales in comparison to my beloved e.l.f brow/lash gel ($1) would not repurchase.