tria Laser Hair Removal System

3.6

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

I have bought the new model of Tria Hair Removal Laser 4X for 360 USD in Japan. Following the recommendations, I am using it every two weeks and had 4 sessions so far.

I have light color skin and very dark thick body hair. I have bought Tria without any expectations to completely and/or permanently get rid of the hair, but rather to reduce the amount and maybe slow down the speed of growing. That would be a huge achievement for me since I have been struggling with in-grown hair on my legs and bikini zone for years...

I know 4 treatments with Tria laser cannot lead to any definite conclusions yet, but there are a few things I am ready to share:

- first of all, it DID reduce the amount of hair already. I think I started noticing it after the 3rd treatment. For some reason, it is being most effective on bikini zone so far and least effective on my armpits. The reduction on the bikini zone is by approximately 50% now, and maybe around 30% on my legs... I am quite impressed already.

- I am very glad I did not get scared by consumer reviews saying how terribly painful the procedures are (yes, I read many reviews before purchasing). Please have in mind that pain is such a subjective topic. I am using my Tria laser on the maximum level 5 from the very first day on all areas of skin and I do not think it hurts AT ALL. Some spots are a bit more sensitive and I can definitely feel short sharp tingling sensations, but nothing long-lasting and nothing I would complain about. That is not to say I don't believe some people experience real pain during the procedures, I'm just saying definitely NOT EVERYONE.

- I find Tria laser to be very convenient and easy to use for areas like bikini or armpits (I did not try it on my face), but leg treatments are quite time consuming. The battery lasts for the treatment of only one lower leg and then needs to be charged again (for approximately 3 hours) before you can continue. Have this in mind if you are super busy and do not have time nor patience.

So far, I have no regrets buying my Tria Hair Removal Laser 4X, but I hope to update this review in a few months with more conclusive results.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This product just does not work. I got a refurbished one. Totally not effective. The older versions did work moderately for a temporary time, but the current model is complete junk. I am of Indian origin with super thick face hair. The Tria literally makes no difference in my hair. Notably, I have also failed at least 6 full courses of actual YAG laser treatments.

DO NOT BUY!!!

great product

I have had the Tria "Laser Precision" for about 6 months - it retails for $299 on the site. The main reason I bought it was for the cheaper price point and because I was targeting smaller areas - specifically my chin, nipples and underarms. I have had laser hair removal in a salon in the past - IT IS NOT PERMANENT FYI - I am a good candidate for laser hair removal - I have very fair skin and light brown hair in these areas. The more contrast you have in your hair color versus skin tone, the more success you will have with laser hair removal. if your skin is very fair and the hair is very dark, you will get results. Here's the thing - laser hair removal is never 100%, and it's never permanent, in the salon or with the Tria. There is no such thing as permanent hair removal. It has to be maintained. You also have to be very, very persistent for a long period of time - it took me over a year (10-12 sessions) and I would say the hair has been reduced 50-75%. NOT 100% by any means. I still tweeze, pluck and shave those darn hairs. They are hormonal and very persistent. Hormonal hairs are the hardest. If you have dark hair on your chin and nipples or bikini area/stomach, it's probably hormonal.

FINAL VERDICT - Worth it? Maybe. Just understand results are not permanent and not 100%. You will see a reduction but not removal.

Would I buy it again? No. Sorry but with small areas, tweezing and shaving is the only thing that's worked to be 100% hair free every day.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Grey, Wavy, Coarse

The Tria is ridiculously expensive and painful to use. It will not remove light, blonde or gray hairs. The device is super heavy and awkward. It loses its charge very quickly. Using it takes FOREVER because it covers such small areas. I started using mine in September 2013 and wow oh wow, have I seen results!

I used it on the highest level at first, every other week, as instructed, on my arms, lower legs, knees, chin, mustache and sideburns. It loses its charge after about 500 beeps/zaps which covers about one lower leg, and it takes at least 12 hours to charge it. For me, one lower leg takes about 25 minutes. My forearms together take about twenty; about 300 zaps; my knee are about the same, although a little harder because of their curves. I have very dark hair and pale skin and tons of body hair. Because work got crazy at the beginning of the summer, I stopped using it on all but my face- NO TIME!

I continue to use it on my face - probably incorrectly, every week. I usually go over the same area 2-3 times in one session.

The results are tremendous. I shave my legs once every other week. My arms, which used to resemble a gorilla if I didn't bleach their hairs, are not smooth and clear of any hair. My facial hair is significantly removed. I still have a few hairs that keep returning and tons of blonde ones, and yet I see the difference in photos and at the end of each day when I take off my makeup. The hair factor and the shadows created by dark facial hair are significantly reduced.

This toy is expensive, takes a lot of work and time and well worth it if you struggle with excessive body hair.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

It hurts like hell at first but as your hair gets thinner it gets more tolerable. Never used setting higher than 2 though. It hurts but does work

This device freakin HURTS! I have super thick black leg hair and like the previous user, I started getting pavlovs' dogs' response when ever I picked this device up to use. Seriously, I'm not a wuss either, I would rather epilate my beard, oops I mean leg hair 20 times in one sitting rather than do this over again. Actually, what helped was getting a numbing gel from Amazon, but seriously, its like 40$ a bottle and it only lasted enough for two sessions. Then your leg just feels uncomfortable and numb for the whole night. Also, it doesn't really numb all the way so some of the more painfully thick areas still hurt.
I did my leg hairs for 4-5 sessions and did see my hair falling out, not growing back immediately, and thinning, but I didn't keep up with it so it all eventually grew back just as thick after a month.
Also, like the other users have said, the treatment window is small, so any large area will take a lot of patience (and pain tolerance) to go through.

I started using the Me Smooth from Elos, I'm on the 3rd treatment (but I do use it twice a week so 6 sessions on high) and it's giving me pretty much consistent results with the Tria after the same amount of sessions, though with less pain and in faster time due to the bigger treatment area. So I'm pretty happy with it, just annoyed that I didn't get the Me Smooth before the Tria!

Another negative that I've experienced so far is that both sides of the screen between the screen and the mesh sides, that plastic has cracked. I keep my unit on my dresser and I definitely treat it with care so it definitely is a manufacturing defect. I have had two devices replaced because of this. The CS is very good though and replaced both my units with zero hassle. One CS agent did try to tell me that the cracks won't affect its use, but I'm just not comfortable keeping a unit that is cracking especially when I don't use it all that often. I'm not sure what is causing my devices to crack maybe the plastic they use on this just isn't very good? i'm very confident in there customer service though and hopefully this third unit has better luck.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

What a disappointment! IT HURTS. Don't kid yourself that you are going to use this machine religiously. Save your $400. My BFF convinced me on this. She has black hair on pale skin and had laser before and needed touch ups. Swore by it. Not sure if having it professionally done she didn't think pain was bad or if her black hair was key but I don't swear by this. One, it hurts. On the lowest setting it's not so bad but on 5, OW!! I would shave in morning and use after work or maybe I wasn't getting perfectly smooth shave, or maybe my eyesight doesn't see such tiny hairs anymore, but if u have the slightest stubble this thing is painful. Now it's not so painful that u throw it away, but a more gradual thing. After 6 months it's almost like the "Pavlov dog" experience. I now dread using this machine. I started out every week and slowly just avoid it. I wish I could return it.

Well u must now be asking "did u have any results?". Yes and no. Had good results on my bikini line. Maybe it's easy to see, small area, but it worked. Slowed hair. But once u stop using it, hair grows back. It's not permanent. Arm pits were ok, but I found it hurts there the most. Legs not really, it takes too long and I don't have the patience for such a large area. (Tip is small and it takes a lot of zaps). But the one reason I purchased this for, the mustache, and it was useless. Did nothing. Even though I have brown hair, my facial hair is very light. So it did nothing. Tria advertised that it wouldn't work on light hair but I guess my friend convinced me. Do not get for light hair!!!!!!

So what do u take away from this review? overall I am lazy and have a low tolerance for pain and wasted $400 on this machine. Buyer beware!

I am on my 4th use of the Tria- using it everywhere I wanted to 4x now. I have dark, rather thick hair I have hated for forever and am very light skinned/pale. I'm so pale that the hair on my legs is still visible underneath my skin when I'm done shaving as a little dark dot, which really irritates me. I've had professional lasering and IPL done to help counteract this all over the years but could never afford to keep up with it or do it as often as required...so never got much for results for very long.
This unit was an awesome gift from my husband for Christmas and I have been using it for a couple months now. I could not have been more excited to get this and try it out.
The pain level for me depends on the area I'm treating. Doing my armpits there is no pain or barely felt...an area I thought would be pretty sensitive. Doing my legs, I can now do a level 4 but still wince a bit. I started with a level 3 but as time has progressed I could move it up- possibly because the hair has gotten thinner. I can do a level 5 on my chin without much issue at all. My arms I can do a level 5 with no pain. It all depends on the thickness of hair and the area being done. My sister has very fine, lighter colored hair and couldn't feel a thing. So again- your pain level will just depend on those factors, thickness and darkness of hair and area being treated. I've tried it with and without the gel they sell it with, and it has made zero difference in pain or anything else. I wouldn't buy it again.
After my 3rd and 4th treatment I am noticing that the hair growing in slower and I am less stubbly and don't feel I need to shave as often, which I love. My skin feels smoother. Some of the hairs that used to grow in dark on my chin are now clear and thinner.
The unit itself is easy to hold and portable and charges pretty quickly. It can be a bit loud when using it because of the fan, but I can turn up the tv and continue on while watching a show. I love that I can and WILL continue to use this on my own, without having to make an appt. and fork over a bunch of money every couple weeks. If I want to go over a spot more often, I can. I can do touch ups on my own. The effects of regular use with this on me seem to be getting progressively better. I loooove not having stubble at the end of the day like I used to, even after shaving.
Overall I am really happy with this unit and will continue to use it every 2-3 weeks as suggested. I am very happy with the results so far, but will be even happier if the little dark dots under my skin on my legs go away after some period of time. I will be back to update in another few uses and we will see where I am at. So far, so good!

I am so glad I purchased this. I have struggled a long time with dark hairs on my face. I have fair skin so they are very visible and I have engaged in a constant battle to get rid of them with waxing, depilating, and plucking. I finally bought a tria and after three treatments I have to say that I have seen a big improvement. I will still need to continue to use this to zap the ones that continue to grow in but this was completely worth the money. I would buy another one if I needed to and will use it as long as I need to. I have used it for three consecutive weeks rather than waiting for two weeks between treatments - I got impatient. I will probably wait for two weeks now that the number of hairs is somewhat reduced.

I use it on the highest setting and it does sting a little. Mostly I think I am anticipating the zap so I jump a little when I trigger it. But I always find myself running 'Another One Bites the Dust' through my head (for those of you who know that song by Queen) and rejoicing that another hair is history, gone, outta here. It makes me so happy. Even if I can't get rid of all of them I am just glad that so many are finally gone. I don't mind plucking a few now and then.

I bought mine from Amazon.

3/25/14 I am still loving this. I actually had a hair sprouting on my chin and when I rubbed it it fell out right then and there. I can still feel stubble on my chin in the morning so I still have a ways to go but for anyone who has suffered with dark chin hairs this has been such an esteem booster. The skin itself is getting fewer ingrown hairs, which I use to get all the time, and is smoother and lighter than before. I hadn't realized just how bad I felt about my face until these hairs began to go away.

8/12/14 So this unit stopped working and because I bought it from Amazon the timeframe in which to return it has expired. I found that my hairs all ended up growing back so I am back to plucking, etc...Sigh.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools