December 18, 2014 | 1809 users online

Top/Base Coats - Mavala - ColorFix Top Coat

rated 4 of 5 on 10/27/2014 7:38:00 PM More reviews by pantalm

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I just wanted to say something to the people who find that this top coat is too slow to dry...all you have to do is blast it with the cold hair drier (this is a general tip that works amazing with all types of nail polish)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2013 8:43:00 AM More reviews by stls

Not bad, but kind of mediocre. No complains about the application, brush, packaging, consistency or price. It provides high shine and moderate protection from chipping. I prefer the Mavadry topcoat because that dries really fast when ColorFix really doesn't.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/25/2013 6:45:00 AM More reviews by Geniae

I purchased this topcoat because I'd run out of my regular one. It's easy to apply, seals the colour and the tips (no shrinkage) and creates a high-shine glossy finish that last a week.
I'm giving it 3 lippies because it takes like 30 minutes to really dry to the touch which for me is a major con. I tend to paint my nails at night before going to bed and with this topcoat there's always a good probability that I'm going to wake up with dents, which never happens with essie's good to go.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2012 4:06:00 AM More reviews by liz0199

I love this Top Coat,it makes my nail polish super shinny and my manicure lasts for 4-7 days,depending on the nail polish.The other day I had my manicure done with this product and after,I took a long,hot bath and when I finished,my manicure was intact,no chipping,even on the edges.I have the small version(5ml) and it lasts a long time

rated 3 of 5 on 3/16/2012 5:01:00 AM More reviews by l3xileven

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I wanted to love this product - it goes on easily and gives a glossy finish that lasts a full 4-5 days before chipping. But it takes a ridiculously long time to dry! Did nails 3 hours before bed with 2 coats of Mavala nail colour and still had dents from sheets and hair in the morning. Such a shame and I won't repurchase, I don't have time to sit for 5 hours each time I do a manicure :(

rated 4 of 5 on 2/26/2011 9:42:00 AM More reviews by jikla

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Other Eyes: Hazel

this is a very good top coat.after a week my nails look incredible shiny and there is almost no chipping :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2010 5:07:00 AM More reviews by esmeralda1977

This is an excellent protectant for my nail polish, which lasts for more than a week!!!! This has never happened to me before so I'm really glad that I found something that really works. Haven't noticed any glueyness yet.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/30/2010 4:49:00 AM More reviews by Ticamorena

I got this product hoping to have finally found a decent top coat - and it is fantastic at preventing chips and other damage to your manicure.

The biggest drawback is that in very little time (less than a month), the polish looses consistency and becomes gluey. Thus, the overall quality of the polish is not that great and the formula could be improved, though initially, it really perfomed amazingly.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2010 2:48:00 AM More reviews by marlin

This gives shine to my OPI nail colour and sorts of fixes the colour, so it looks smooth and shiny. With this top coat, the colour can last on my nails for more than a week if my nails didn't grow out so quickly.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2009 5:17:00 PM More reviews by georgia21

Mavala's ColorFix Top Coat provides a nice shine, but it's slow to dry.