October 31, 2014 | 823 users online

Blush - Smashbox - Untamed Creamy Cheek Color

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2013 7:27:00 PM More reviews by AnOmali

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Black

I stumbled onto this product by accident when scouring the web for a color like this since NYX Rouge Cream Blush in Tan has been discontinued before I could even try it and this seemed comparable.

FYI: *THIS IS NOT A BRONZER - although it may be used as one I suppose for the extremely pale...it is a "CREAMY CHEEK COLOR"=blush*

I am an NC42/43 and VERY yellow/gold undertoned with some warmth so I don't always want pink blush. When I want to look more natural, I look for cream blush with a warmer, more brown toned or golden/bronzey type of undertone for a more subtle contour.

This fits the bill PERFECTLY AND I got it on eBay for only $6.00 as opposed to $24.00 on Beauty.com! It is GORGEOUS on (I LOVE CREAM BLUSHES!), looks natural and gives me the perfect blush/contour/glow all at once! LOVE!

It seems like it may not wear long and may fade pretty easily/quickly (don't know yet), but I am going to buy backup at this price so I can reapply liberally as needed. PERFECTION! Take THAT NYX! ;)

rated 4 of 5 on 6/7/2011 7:37:00 PM More reviews by beautyaddict1982

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I believed I paid about $8-$11 Umm not sure but anyways this is a really nice creamy very creamy and blends wonderfully however this is practically the same color as my skin....well its a couple shades darker...I use this as a base when wearing sweet as cocoa & peachtwist to curb some of the shimmer & to add a dewy look to my face...for the price I can't complain....I will not repurchase when I'm done with this if I'm ever done with this...all in all I like this & think it will fit fair-med skintones much better & I do see this doubling as a bronzer....this is a very versatile product!!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2011 2:55:00 AM More reviews by Helen031

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a very natural looking warm color that I think is suitable for any skin tone. The texture is creamier than any of my other cream blushes. It's quick and easy to apply. Will definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2010 3:11:00 PM More reviews by annixa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a great bronzer, but where I bought it (on a Swedish website) it's marketed as a blush that will give you summery rosy cheeks, that however isn't true - it's a bronzer :)
And as a bronzer it truely works wonders! Blends like a dream, buildable and best of all - a color that seems to work for anyone and everybody(!)
Hands down the best bronzer I''ve used. I can highly recommend it to anyone without feeling bad the slightest :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2010 11:26:00 AM More reviews by Kristenhonto

I. am. impressed! I used to be all about powdered bronzers but then realized that they fade quickly & don't last long, so I decided to try something different. I bought this online without actually seeing it in person (or sticking my fingers in it) which I always have to do before I buy something. I'm so glad I did! This is the most blendable cheek color EVER! It's not thick and hard to work with like other cream cheek colors. I'm super super light skinned, and this makes my skin look so healthy and glowing. I use it all over but I concentrate on my cheeks. MY HG bronzer!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2009 6:55:00 AM More reviews by krislynn1987

I usually use MAC products but when I got my makeup done they used smashbox and I had to buy this cheek color. I am fair skinned and it works great on me. I was worried that it was going to be to dark but when applied it was very very light!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2009 4:00:00 PM More reviews by JenniStarBrite

WHAT IT IS:
A creamy cheek color in a sort of warm neutral color

WHAT IT DOES:
Smashbox Untamed Creamy Cheek Color allows you to take a walk on the wild side! This luxurious creamy blush comes in a gorgeous, sunkissed shade and is tucked in a mirrored compact—for convenient touch ups on the go.

REVIEW:

I LOVE THIS!!! I have only recently re-discovered cream blushes. I was staying away due to the fact that I have oily combo skin. But this never feels greasy or slick on my skin. Its a super creamy formula that glides on the cheeks and feels wonderful.

Application is super easy. I simply use my pointer and index fingers, tap them gently on the product and then rub in circular motions on the apples of my cheeks and blend out. It doesn't apply super dark like it looks and can be built up to a deeper color. Its even creamier than the NARS cream blushes I have tried. It lasts all day on me too without reapplication.

I don't know if this would work for very fair skinned women, but I am NC44-45 and it looks AMAZINGLY natural and dewy sunkissed on me. No shimmer, just a light hint of color.

I love to use this when I just apply a sheer foundation, transclucent powder and mascara for a "I am not wearing makeup but look naturally gorgeous" look on the weekends. My husband actually studied me closely the other day and asked "Are you wearing makeup? Your skin looks great."

I would definetly repurchase but don't think I will have to for a very long time since I use such a teeny bit of product each time.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No