December 22, 2014 | 882 users online

Moisturizers - Dermalogica - Clean Start Welcome Matte SPF15

rated 2 of 5 on 8/14/2014 3:40:00 PM More reviews by adamj2004

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Really don't like this and I hoped I would :(

I was hoping this would be a replacement for Murad's Oil Control Mattifier (it is so expensive) but it is nowhere near as good. The ingredient list is similar but the xantham gum content in much higher in the Murad which makes it thicker and more mattifying. The Dermalogica is watery in comparison. It moisturizes lightly but I am left shiny almost immediately and this only gets worse throughout the day. I'll keep looking for a replacement or just give up the ghost and buy the Murad again but this product was a bust for me :(

rated 3 of 5 on 1/17/2013 7:02:00 PM More reviews by BeautyAddict62

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Welcome Matte is a good everyday moisturiser with the added bonus of SPF. I use this every morning and it keeps my nose and forehead from looking shiny, however, it doesn't moisturise my face enough. I have to apply Dermalogica Skin Smoothing Cream at night to keep my skin hydrated. I think this would be a great cream for oily skin though.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/9/2013 7:03:00 PM More reviews by kiwipop12

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using this moisturizer since the summer, took a break from it, and now I'm im using it again. I recommend using it only in the summer or on very hot days because it's very light and contains very little moisture. And I do have oily skin with acne. The packaging says that its "matte" but my skin becomes oily after a few mintues. Also it tends to leave a white shadow on my face and has a strong smell similar to bubblegum and sunscreen. If you have normal skin and no pimples, then this will be the product for you. However if you have acne and dry or oily skin, I would not recommend using this.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/9/2013 1:37:00 PM More reviews by kariin

This is a great moisturizer if you have combo-skin or oily skin. For the drier skintypes, this isn't hydrating enough.
For my combo-skin it works well at spring, summer and fall. But now in the winter I would like something more moisturising.
Overall it's a good cream if you don't need something super-moisturising, then this won't be enough.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/30/2012 2:25:00 AM More reviews by daisyq28

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I did not find this gave me a matte finish, nor did it control oil during the day.
It is a very light, thin formula. This isn't moisturising enough for me - my skin still felt tight after using it. Because of this I am using it up in combination with another moisturiser which doesn't have an SPF.

Nice light scent.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/29/2012 2:52:00 AM More reviews by Kmarji

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Very moisturizing but didn't control oil at all. It did give a matte finish which I do like but two hours later and my face is oily and shiny. What I do like about it is that it has a nice smell and little goes a long way esp since the bottle is TINY!!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/14/2011 1:20:00 PM More reviews by CallieIsHere

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this so much!! I have officially found the best SPF!!!
I have dry skin, so this has really really been working for me! At first it's shiny, slick, etc. But what do you expect if it hasn't absorbed yet? But once it does absorb - no shine, greasiness at ALL... and that's ALL day long. I do find myself having to reapply moisturizer throughout the day because my skin is so dry right now, but this really is the best SPF you could find!! It's a might pricey, so try a tester at first to see if you like it!!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/28/2011 4:16:00 PM More reviews by Lilsingsong3

This at first did mattify my face. It left no oils behind but throughout the day, my face was as oily as it always was. It didn't break me out though which is good.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/17/2011 7:56:00 PM More reviews by BaillieCole

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This moisturizer/sunscreen really did not work for me. The xanthan gum in it is supposed to absorb oils throughout the day to mattify skin, but I didn't find it very effective. It is full of essential oils but I feel like it just went overboard in the amount of different oils. I found myself breaking out, possibly more than normal but am unsure, and also found myself feeling yucky with this on and always wanting to wash it off..

rated 2 of 5 on 4/20/2011 7:40:00 PM More reviews by speedyfish

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have been desperate to find a mattifying moisturizer with SPF. I found this product at Sephora, and was very hopeful until the sales associate told me that it was intended more for adolescent skin. I tried it anyway, but he was right. Not only was it not mattifying, but it smelled like sunscreen mixed with those gummy cola bottles you get at the convenience store, which I found was quite juvenile. It also had a very heavy, creamy texture which is never a positive for oily or acne-prone skin. It may well work for younger skin types, but not for me.