April 16, 2014 | 1932 users online

Lipstick - Estee Lauder - Double Wear Lipstick - Stay Mauve (05)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2013 2:48:00 PM More reviews by Medlet

This is just a beautiful shade of the perfect pink. Just wonderful!!!!!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/4/2011 8:17:00 PM More reviews by ofpearlsandroses

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I want a lipstick to match my raspberry bag(it looks like Barbie's pink lipstick) and chose Stay Mauve. And guess what? It does match and I felt like a doll instantly! This lipstick stains coffee cups like any other lipsticks. However,it redeems itself for the colour stays very long on my lips. I say,it's fantastic!

Further,I feel that it plumps up my lips. I dont know how/why but it felt that way. Maybe the chemicals are acting up? Of cos at the end of the day,when my makeup is removed,my lips stay the same. I'd definitely get this in other colours although they don't come cheap (SG$34). But it's worth paying for bcos the colour payoff is VERY GOOD, it's long wearing (stains food/cups but your lips will still have the colour!!!) and it's Stay Mauve is a nice colour. LOVE LOVE LOVE this lipstick!!! Smells nice too,like all Estee Lauder's lipsticks (I think they smell of ripe plums).

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2010 12:11:00 AM More reviews by colfaxt

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I would buy this in another shade. the colors dont match the names. Stay Mauve was more of a fuschia raspberry on my NC25 skin. It was chalky on me, so I returned. It did last & not dry, was a matte finish, just not my color too much purple.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2010 1:08:00 PM More reviews by db01

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

If you are looking for a long-wearing lipstick this is it. If you are looking for one that provides a stain effect, this is it. I particularly like the Mauve shade. Pink was a little bright for me. The mauve is what I think of as a true mauve, no brown, but a deep pink/purple/wine color. Grreat MLBB shade for cool-toned people. I dab on and then pat into my lips. Feels soft and a little bit creamy. Color stays very well. Maybe it is because I am getting older, but I am beginning to appreciate Estee Lauder stuff. Love Double Wear Light foundation also.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2010 4:40:00 PM More reviews by janet1028

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

The well-written review below describes the details about this product but I'm going to chime in to say that I love, love, LOVE it! Don't you just love the first few moments of a beautiful lipstick? But then it's over! This product stays on through drinks and meals. Which isn't to say that it is a lip "paint" and not rub off. It will come off on napkins and glasses. But what it DOESN'T do is make it's way into those fine lines around my 54-year old lips. And if my lips are a little dry? No problem. It rolls right over the dryness. I don't even need a lip pencil. It is, however, matte. Which is the idea. And thick. Mauve is the perfect pink/wine/natural color for pale-skinned women.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/7/2009 4:29:00 AM More reviews by Aneesa

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I generally seem to like the Double Wear range of products, so when I heard about a budge-proof lipstick, I was all for it. In passing, I should mention that I also purchased one of the new Double Wear Eye pencils (and hope to post a review for that soon). Back to the lipstick:
Packaging: Similar to the usual EL scrolled package, but instead of the all-gold packaging, the bottom half of this is a metallic blue/purple. Looks quite chic and has a nice weight to it.
Product: Unlike the usual lipstick which is tapered, this one is more in the nature of gloss-stick - the lipstick itself is cut at an angle similar to the Dior Hi-shine tubesm which means that the tube is angled and the lipstick itself aligns with the inner tube. But this one is quite wide, so if you have narrow lips, you might find application a bit tricky.
Lipstick: Goes on surprisingly moist - almost watery (rather than oily), but then dries as it settles. However, this does not dry out like some long last lipsticks - rather it becomes tacky, so its not uncomfortable on the lips.
Colour: This colour is midway between pink and fushia, but with a distinct mauve/lilac undertone. On my NC35 complextion, it is very flattering - bright without being overwhelming. The finish is matte/satin (really more matte than satin).
Now for the million dollar question: Did it last?
Longevity: I am posting this immediately after drinking a cup of fairly hot coffee. As I had my java, I noticed that the lipstick was almost "melting" on to the lip of the cup. There is a substantial amount of lipstick on the cup. I then whipped out my mirror, certain there would be nothing on my lips (but they still felt tacky). Surprise, surprise - my lips still looked totally made up. No need to retouch. There was slight fading in the middle of the lip, but not immediately noticable. This leads me to believe that this formula is part lip stain. Now I'm not certain what sort of alchemy is at play here, but so far so good. I will update if necessary.
I should point out that I had hydrated my lips with Natura Bisse Lip FX prior to applying this (the FX had totally seeped in before application of the lipstick). I think in most cases, a non-greasy lip treatment underneath the Double Wear would be essential otherwise the product may be too drying.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No