July 28, 2014 | 2050 users online

Fragrances - Revlon - Lasting

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 2/14/2013 4:57:00 AM More reviews by simonfan

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This perfume is weird. On first spray, I detect two separate accords: powdery peach a la Tresor, and Colgate. I thought at first my nose was playing tricks on me until I saw a user review on a commercial site: ďa crisp, delicate fragrance with subtle mint undertones.Ē So others have made the same observation. These two contradictory accords are in dilute strength (itís a cologne, after all): they do clash at first, but not seriously enough for me to scrub it off.
The fragrance is not what I expected from the listed notes, though I think it is the osmanthus-pear combination that is responsible for the peachy effect. After 2-3 hours, the scent fades completely from skin but remains, veil-like, on clothing, with the peachy florals and the toothpaste still in their earlier proportions. It's weak for me, so I need to top up, which is a good thing it's currently so cheap online. People who prefer their perfumes light and subtle, yet feminine, might be happy with this one.
The packaging is so pretty, but my unboxed tester bottle looks weird and naked without the cap, so I keep it out of sight (and away from light) in a cupboard.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2009 1:48:00 AM More reviews by 9154mf

I remember this from about 10 years ago when it was out in stores and everywhere, back when my taste was so poorly refined he he. This is described as: This beautiful fragrance is an invigorating blend of fresh citrus, white flowers, and florals. Lasting isrecommended for daytime wear. Top Notes: Lotus blossom, Pear
Heart Notes: Lily of the Valley (Muguet), Oamanthus, Heliotrope
Base Notes: Exotic woods, Patchouli, Sandalwood, Musk
Im not that familiar with the Heart notes, so thats why I find it hard to describe this scent and pick out any notes. I will only talk about my impression of the scent. its a strong fresh floral, a tad green at times, but also with a 'warmness' in it that also lends a touch of sweetness. It's far from an amazing scent but I will say that it is quite unique and I haven't smelt anything like it since. I recently ordered a bottle for old times sake, esp considering it is so cheap as well. its the kind of scent I would wear for work. strong feminine, a little bit pretty but not sensual in the least. Anyway our office cleaner came in the first couple of days that I had my new bottle and he dropped it on the floor and smashed it. he offered to replace it, but I actually said no. I realised that while a trip down memory lane can be great, this doesn't invoke enough happy feelings to warrant having a full bottle.