October 26, 2014 | 994 users online

Treatments (Eye) - Tarte - Multipleye

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2012 1:03:00 PM More reviews by CarlaN

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this as a cruelty-free replacement for MAC Prep + Prime Future Length, and Multipleye *does* work!

I've been using it for four weeks now, and my lashes are nice and full and long, none of which they'd be without a good lash serum.

I've noticed no darkening or yellowing of my skin, but this stuff *does* sting, if it gets into your eye. The stinging is mild and brief, though.

I like that you only have to use this once a day, as opposed to twice, for the MAC and most other serums.

The price ($65) is on the steep side, but still reasonable.

The only reason I don't plan to repurchase this is because I want to try Arbonne's lash serum, which is cruelty-free, reputedly effective, and less expensive.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2011 11:53:00 AM More reviews by cindo3

Tarte MultiplEYE Lash Enhancer.

This. Stuff. Works.

I recently had a little accident with my eyelash curler ( long story), and ripped out all my upper lashes on my left eye. Completely. Not even any stubs left.

The gal at Sephora suggested this, as I was looking for something to make them grow back quicker than normal. I was so desperate, price was no object. This product was $ 65.00

Within a week I had little stubs coming up. In two weeks, I had pretty decent length lashes again, although not as long as the ones on my right eye, which is pretty long. In three weeks, the left lashes had grown back completely !

Now, during those three weeks, I was also using it on my right eyelashes, to see if they would get any longer or lusher. I saw no change.

So, if you want to enhance your existing , healthy lashes, I would say this doesn't do much.

BUT, if you have lost or damaged your existing lashes, for whatever reason, and you need them to grow back long and FAST, this stuff really works ! I was impressed !

rated 3 of 5 on 5/17/2011 1:49:00 PM More reviews by KaleenaLara

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have very skimpy, short lashes so I was very excited at the idea of having longer, fuller eyelashes without using fakes or mascara.

I was very disciplined with my daily applications and after 2 weeks I could already see the difference! My sister, who sometimes teases me about my skimpy eyelashes, couldn't believe how well it worked. My lashes looked luscious! However, after about 2 months I noticed the skin under my eyes seemed to have turned a slightly yellow tone. I was a little worried but since I'm pretty healthy I decided that maybe I would give the multipleye a rest and see if the skin would return back to normal and after a few weeks it did. I was really disappointed (that it seemed to be the multipleye that caused this) since multipleye did really work on my eyelashes but I hate to think there is something in there that may have changed the colour of skin around my eyes. However, I'm not a doctor so who am I to say that it was I guess.

Would I buy this again? I put yes but really it's a maybe. I think I will try some of the other eyelash enhancers out there first before picking this one up again. It did work very well on me and the yellow tone under my eyes was barely noticeable and easily covered with a light concealer. Hopefully it has not happened with anyone else.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/23/2011 11:41:00 AM More reviews by babygirl95

This stuff didn't do anything for my lashes. It really stung my eyes upon application. I used it consistently for about a month and then I would use it off and on when the mood struck. The stinging was really distracting. I never threw it out because it was very expensive and I wanted to love it as much as other reviewers. Too bad.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2011 11:24:00 AM More reviews by nelya8503

I love this stuff! I can definitely tell that my lashes are a LOT longer -- even after just a week of use (I've been using it for three months now though). I don't know if my lashes have more volume though. My lashes were so short and puny that the difference is very dramatic.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/11/2010 1:18:00 AM More reviews by coldhands

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I can't comment on whether the product had an effect on lengthening/thickening my lashes because I only used it for four days. Decided to stop using it for a number of reasons, the most significant ones being: 1) it stings!! Of all places on my body that I do not want to put painful substances on is my eyes, 2) it made the skin around application yellow - looked jaundiced, 3) has a gummy consistency that's more viscous than desirable and when dry, flakes off and looks like dusty eye-crust.
I can see how some people may develop eye infections from using this since the brush is rubbed along a delicate mucus membrane after being dipped-and-re-dipped into the container - disposable one-time use applicators are probably a good idea.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/3/2010 3:32:00 PM More reviews by dianaec

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've tried 2 tubes of Tarte Multipleye and to be honest I don't apply it regularly. Very lazy of me! It does sting, especially applying at night after you've wiped off your makeup. The first tube seemed ok, my lashes seemed better. There wasn't obvious growth, but they seemed a bit more lush. And that's relative to how skimpy they were before.

However. After losing half my lashes after eyelash extensions I purchased a second bottle in the hopes that it would speed up the growth and strength of my newly stubby and patchy lashes. Within 2 weeks my lashes were back to normal and were much stronger. Not sure if this is the normal lash growth cycle but I feel like this product sped up the process.

This product is good, natural, and compared to similar products on the market, reasonably priced. It was a good foray into the category. But if you want really noticeable results, this may not be the product for you.

I ordered Lilash on ebay and am waiting for it to arrive...can't wait to try it.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/25/2010 11:31:00 PM More reviews by rocksteady

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I had looked all over for this product. Sephora always seemed to be sold out. When I finally got my hands on it I was excited to try it out as instructed on the package. After a week of using it before bed I developed an eye infection. My eyes became very red and itchy. My eyelid also became swollen and did not fully heal until months later. During that time my eyelids were not symmetrical as one crease was lower than the other eye. Not sure why that was or why it took so long to sort itself out but it was a real pain. I ended up returning the product and will never use another eyelash growth supplement. (Tried Talika as well and again my eyes got infected) Would caution people towards these products.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/25/2010 11:24:00 PM More reviews by GretchyJ

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I had an unfortunate incident with eyelash extensions that left me with no lashes. So my quest to help my eyelashes grow back I encountered a few of the things in the market. I tried Tarte MultiplEYE Lash Enhancer ( $65 ) because of the natural ingredients it contains. However, in 5 sec of application my eyelids became swollen to twice its size. Luckily, I wiped the product off my eyelids promptly. I only sustained some redness for another hour.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/21/2010 10:49:00 PM More reviews by amberw22

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I used two or three tubes of this stuff. Much to my surprise it did work however it wasn't the dramatic results you'd probably get from Lilash or Latisse. My lashes were darker, thicker, and longer, however only to the extent that I would notice. Not so dramatic that others could tell.

I put this one before bed and it would make my eyes itch and feel irritated. It was probably traveling into my eyes. Being that it's a liquidy-gel like substance, I didn't think it would work well under makeup. Maybe that's where I went wrong.

I stopped using it when my (fair) eyelids started turning yellow/orange. I looked very sick and jaundice. It was so bad even my husband noticed how sick my eyes looked. I stopped the product and after months, I feared my lid color would never return to normal. Thankfully, I think it finally did... but it's been like a year.

Overall, the results were not worth the $65/tube and the jaundice eyelids sealed the deal.

On another note, this produce does have a bad odor but I didn't notice it until I read reviews. Once I got good whiff I got what all the fuss was about. If you are sensitive to smells, this may bother you.