October 21, 2014 | 1840 users online

Eyeliner - Make Up For Ever - Aqua Eyes - Dark Gray 21L

rated 2 of 5 on 11/6/2013 11:58:00 AM More reviews by km1704

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really don't like this eyeliner! I got it a year or 2 ago and barely use it. I found it didn't pack enough punch - not pigmented enough, kinda just came on like a greasy grey line... And was soooo obnoxious to remove. I have medium fair skin, dark brown eyes. It looked swampy on me. I'm not sure if they've since changed the formulation because I was recommended the 19L light brown liner at sephora (after vehemently telling the guy I hate those liners) and it's awesome.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/21/2013 3:53:00 PM More reviews by ldordal

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This pencil in this color is not very deep. I am a light olive skinned Latina; generally like to wear taupey browns, or black/browns/deep grays for my eyes. I also only wear eyeliner on my waterline. This disappeared before 6 hours of wear. GONE! I don't prepare my eyes with a base for it; perhaps that would help, but other so called "waterproof" pencil eyeliners such as Dior worked much better. Alas, still in search of my HG Eyeliner. Picked up a Smashbox one (oh and a cheaper one by some line called Sorme). Wish me luck!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/9/2012 2:34:00 PM More reviews by msdi2u

I had to write a review for this pencil, because this is probably one of my most favorite, eyeliner pencils ever! I LOVE this for lining under my eyes with black liner on the top lash line. It makes my hazel eyes just simply glow! The formula is good, too, as it doesn't tug or drag along my lash line... and the pigmentation and it's ability to stay in place all day are exceptional! To me, this is a medium-toned, charcoal shimmer pencil with just a *hint* of blue. No glitter, just a slight sheen or shimmer. Love it- and highly recommend it if you are looking for a great charcoal eyeliner!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2012 7:51:00 PM More reviews by LUVrascal

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Beautiful gray. I like that it's actually a true gray and not silver-gray as some "Gray" eyeliners tend to be. The color is deep and rich without looking too charcoal. It doesn't veer into silver territory either. The shimmer is perfect.

The pencil is firm, which I like because it gives a more defined line than a creamer pencil (like Dior's for example). It stays put all day long without any smearing or migrating. I do have to be careful to take it off with a heavy duty oil makeup remover at night otherwise I can see hints of it on my lashline for days afterwards. My Shu Uemura Cleansing Oil is the only one of my makeup removers that can take this off cleanly.

Great price and lasts a long time. I have a few of these but I wear this one the most, especially with a smokey eye. Definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2011 4:58:00 AM More reviews by MoiBelle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great product ! this is the best dark gray eyeliner ever. color is dark gray which looks almost black but when applied the color is pretty dark gray with a hint of teal blue color with a very descrete amount of shimmer. This alone is enough to enhance my brown eyes, gave my eyes that sultry look, nothing overdone but still look sophisticated and pretty. I used it over my lids and on my lower lash line. Long lasting power. I will buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2011 2:48:00 PM More reviews by MissDior5011

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Love this eyeliner. It is one of the best if not the best eyeliner I have bought. Stays on waterline all day without the need to touch up. MUFE have a very good selection of colours.Will be buying more of them.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2010 11:50:00 AM More reviews by BunnyRabbit21

This is my HG eyeliner. It lasts all day without needing a touch-up and truly is waterproof. It comes in about a million colors, but I particularly love this one because I have really fair skin and sometimes black eyeliner looks a little too stark. Love, love, love this product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/30/2010 8:30:00 PM More reviews by bubbleheart

In general I love Aqua Eyes eyeliners, their lasting power is great (little to no smudging) and they are just the right texture - not too soft and not too hard. I also love smokey, dark eyeliners and this one is great - its a very dark gunmetal silver/grey with a bit of pearliness. I was originally worried that like many silvery/gunmetal liners the color would be too light (I prefer and rely on dark colors to emphasize my eyes - anything too light and I may as well not be wearing liner at all) but its actually really the perfect dark smokey grey, to make a great smokey eye. Its a great color to add a bit of variation to my usual black eyeliner - but without getting too far away from the way I like my eyes to look.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2010 2:36:00 AM More reviews by goldfish5555

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was recently introduced to the Aqua Eyes liners and I'm a total convert. Blendable and soft, yet with incredible staying power -- they don't fade or smudge away by the end of the day. This is a deep grey that brings out my blue eyes and often adds a last minute POP to my eye looks. I also have this in 3L which is blue. It's a little flashier, but I also enjoy it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2010 12:40:00 PM More reviews by gonz2lws

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really LOVE MUF eyeliners; they stay on, have a great texture and don't transfer to my upper eyelid. I really love this dark metallic grey color. It's more interesting than black and I love the shimmer. It's not cheap, but the product stays on, the pencils last for a long time, and although it's waterproof it seems to come off fairly easy with a facial cleanser followed by eye makeup remover pad. My other favorite eye pencil is Urban Decay, which is about the same price and comes in some really pretty colors as well.