October 30, 2014 | 1351 users online

Polishes - Sephora - Sephora by OPI - Mermaid To Order

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2014 1:20:00 AM More reviews by cmsneed1

This is all I wear during the summer months on my toes. I love it! Goes with everything!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/22/2013 12:53:00 AM More reviews by curlygirl03

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Beautiful, unique colour. It's a (lightish) metallic teal that dries quickly and retains shine. It lasts about 3-4 days without any tip wear.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/22/2013 12:48:00 PM More reviews by Delicateflowers

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this in '09 because it was "the" color to have and there was a waiting list for it and everything but I've only worn it once. I was rummaging through my stash last night and decided to put it on again. Mermaid to Order is a teal color in the bottle, but straight up green on my skin. I have seen this color on other people and it definitely looks more teal/aqua on them than it does me. Anywhoo, the application was a dream. No dragging or drying too quickly. The color looks pretty even. I don't remember it chipping too badly the last time I wore this color so I don't expect any wear issues this time around. I wish the color were a little less green against my skin and more true to the bottle color but I think the "greenness" is more of an issue of my skin color and not the actual polish.

I wouldn't buy it again because I can't, since Sephora is discontinuing this line. Even so, I think there are some colors by Nicole by Opi and regular Opi that come pretty close to this one.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2013 1:02:00 PM More reviews by sprite26

One of my all-time FAVORITE polishes!! Mermaid to Order is a soft, metallic aqua color that is unique and eye-catching, supremely flattering. Applies and wears well. But it's the color that's got me hooked. I understand that the whole Sephora by OPI line is being cancelled, so get it while you can!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/11/2012 12:42:00 AM More reviews by bcoolnchil

This isn't for this shade specifically, but for Sephora by OPI polishes in general. I've tried multiple and have had the same problem with both: for some reason, these easily get lots of nail polish gunk on the threads of the screw top that is extremely sticky. I use it, then if I don't wipe the top down with nail polish remover, I will ALWAYS have to use my teeth to open it the next time. This isn't occasional, it's always. To add to the issue, the handle for the brush is rounded, so I can't stand it up when both my hands are busy wiping down the top (one for the bottle, one for the cotton pad). I hold it in my teeth which has caused me to drop the handle, catch it with my hand, and get black all over my hands that would not completely come off even with vigorous scratching and scrubbing with polish remover so I end up waiting for the grey stain to gradually get off my hands and nails. There are numerous teeth marks on the handles now since that's the only way I open them (too lazy to wipe each time). Oh and this polish stains my nails. One of the main reasons I buy higher end polishes is to avoid severe staining but these stain pretty badly, like drugstore, so not worth the price. I use a clear coat from rimmel first to create a barrier between my nail and the color which helps. Also, I expect a pricier polish to have even coverage, but some shades do and and some don't, no matter how much I try to carefully work on layers. Not worth the price. Essie from Target is cheaper and loads better. Chanel is more expensive and loads better.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2012 8:44:00 PM More reviews by LindseyAnne

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

This polish looks incredible on. It didn't have quite as much dimension on the nails as it does in the bottle, but what make up for it is the incredible shine. It dries very quickly as well. After applying three coats it only took about five minutes to dry. Very impressive.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2012 2:34:00 AM More reviews by ClassyMinx

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I absolutely love this colour! I usually play it safe with nail polish colours but I couldn't resist buying this. When I wear it, I can't help admiring my nails. Mermaid to order is really bright and eye catching metallic aqua colour. It is long lasting and applies very easily, despite the rather thin brush. It required 2 coats to be opaque and has a nice shiny look to it, even without a top coat. I feel this colour would look good on any skin tone. I normally wear cream finish nail polishes so was hesitant about purchasing this but I'm so glad I did. I would highly recommend this colour to anyone who wants to try something a little different. It's just a really fun colour. I wouldn't buy it again because I doubt I'll ever finish the bottle.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/22/2012 8:57:00 PM More reviews by coffeehigh

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a beautiful metallic green/blue (depending on the light angle). I get plenty of compliments when I wear it, and I feel it would compliment any skin tone.It lasts a long time, and does not chip for about 5-7 days, even without a top coat. My only complaint is that in the bottle there are hues of purple which do not show up when applied on the nail. Overall, I enjoy this color.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2012 4:38:00 PM More reviews by Jexka

I generally stick to cream finish polishes, but this shade was so pretty I was willing to make an exception. Mermaid to Order is a metallic turquoise/teal nail polish. The finish is really pretty and shimmery in a metallic way, not in a chunky glitter sparkles way. The shade is definitely bright and eye-catching and I wear it a lot in the summer on my fingers and toes. My boyfriend, who never notices my nails, compliments my polish every single time I change my polish to this! That shows that this is a really pretty, attention-grabbing color.
I do have a few small issues with this, though. One is that it can be a little bit streaky if you're not very careful with application. Usually it's not much of an issue, but if I'm in a hurry and doing my nails quickly, I do notice a little streaking. Also, this polish has a tendency to create small bubbles. They're never very big or super noticeable like the bubbles some polishes form, but I notice a few every time I apply this. My last problem is that I find this doesn't last as long as regular OPI polishes. I generally get minor tip wear after only 2-3 days with this (with a base coat and a top coat), and bigger chipping after 5-6 days. Regular OPI (even China Glaze) usually lasts about 5 days before tip wear and 6-7 days before chipping. Since this is more expensive than OPI's regular line, that's a little disappointing.
Despite these issues, I still really like this polish. It's a very different shade than I usually go for and it's really fun to have on. I'm a little hesitant to try out more Sephora by OPI shades because of the few application and wear issues I had with this, but I probably will anyway!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2012 4:52:00 PM More reviews by Haruhi13

SOPI are the only polishes I can use on my toes, ever. They can last through a week of pointe class without chipping, and I've never found another polish that can even come close! Definitely worth the price, IMO. I'm not very good at applying polish either, but I can't get pedicures because I desperately need all the dead skin and calluses I can get, and because my toenails would just get torn or turn black the next time I danced! :D SOPI also has a nice thick formula that's easy to apply and can be opaque with one coat. It doesn't last quite so long on my fingernails though.
Mermaid to Order is a very pretty, unique color, kind of a blue-green with a subtle silver shimmer that reminds me more than a little of a peacock. I especially like it with a coat of Sugarplum Fairies Gone Wild over the top- the lavender glitter really brings out the contrasting green and blue tones. It's a bit wild, but I love it. :) Looks better on my sister though, she has cool-toned skin.