October 23, 2014 | 1347 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Nature's Gate - Pomegranate Sunflower Skin Defense Lotion

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2012 3:44:00 PM More reviews by melly7

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Best body lotion ever, this makes my skin feel like skin and I can get it so cheaply. Want to try many more Nature's Gate products.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2012 10:36:00 PM More reviews by keitachi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

i have eczema prone skin, and this works amazingly good on my skin. It helps to moisturise, i smell really good, and it doesnt irritate or sting my skin. I love it and have been through about 4 bottles.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2011 9:30:00 PM More reviews by Moonhalf

I really like Nature's Gate body Lotion Pomegranate Sunflower, I like that there is" body" to the lotion and does not feel like water. The smell is very nice and feels nice when applying after a shower. I think the price point is pretty good, as this is my second purchase. I am pretty sure I found my body lotion and will probably try another scent for the next purchase just to mix it up.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2011 1:57:00 PM More reviews by BLoNdeGLaM

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

LOVE THIS!!!! I am NOT one of those girls who "bathes" in lotion. This is a lotion that I only apply to my dry hands before bed and occasionally on my legs after shaving. I just adore the smell, the fact that it's alcohol-free, contains no artificial colors and is "produced without animal testing and with no animal byproducts". I picked this up for around $8 at my local health food store. This works just fine for me and absorbs into my skin nicely less than 5 minutes after applying. I love the bottle, smell, price and most importantly the PRODUCT. I'm halfway through my bottle and will absolutely repurchase again and again. LOVE this stuff! :)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2010 4:40:00 PM More reviews by luckylouie

Too rich for my skin. Firstly I don't tend to use an all over body lotion, just my arms and lower legs. I don't have particularly dry skin. I found this remained greasy no matter how little I applied. I loved the price, the packaging and the ingredients list but it just didn't work for me. I would also have preferred much less fragrance. In the end I mixed it with equal amounts aloe vera gel so I could use it up.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2010 11:49:00 AM More reviews by Wy

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I LUUUUUVVVVVVV this body lotion! It is just super for my very dry aging skin! I love the fact that is has TONS of antioxidants, and it paraben-free! I had used Nature's Gate Papaya lotion for years before switching to other brands as my skin got a lot drier. But, recently while shopping around for a brand that would offer some natural sun protection, nearly all of Nature's Gate products contain coffee bean which is *slight* sun filter, I came across this lotion. Anyway, this lotion is SO moisturizing and yummy. It's very emollient when it goes on then dries to a non-greasy, non-oily feel! I HIGHLY HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend it! Thank you Nature's Gate for this wonderful lotion. More expensive than bargain brands but worth it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2009 3:00:00 PM More reviews by SimplyManda

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Other

What it is: a light lotion for "all skin types" containing antioxidants and other skin-friendly botanicals.

Performance: Overall, this product does what I want it to do. It adds moisture to my slightly dry legs and arms without making them greasy or shiny. It sinks into skin really well and the moisture lasts until my next shower. The smell is sometimes a little too "sweet" for my taste (I prefer light herbal smells) but it's not bad and it doesn't linger long- I've been getting used to it, really. I'm not sure if the antioxidants have been doing much for my skin, but they haven't been hurting it.

Ingredients: No parabens, artificial color, or alcohol. This product does contain fragrance which may be irritating to sensitive skin (the brand does contain a fragrance-free alternative). It claims to be pH-balanced, though I haven't tested that. One downside is that while the brand does claim to be natural, it contains dimenthicone and some other unnatural ingredients. Granted, these are a lot lower on the list than they are on traditional drugstore moisturizers, so it's still a more natural alternative.

Bonus: It's super cheap (maybe $10 for a huge 18 fl. oz. bottle) and there's no animal testing. Can easily be found at Whole Foods and other natural grocers/drugstores.

Overall: I like this lotion, though I'm disappointed a little in the inclusion of some (relatively unnecessary) unnatural ingredients and took off a point for that. I'll probably stray to some more natural lotions, but if I would gladly go back to this one if they didn't work out.