April 24, 2014 | 1975 users online

Cleansers - Boots - Original Beauty Formula Cleansing Milk

rated 2 of 5 on 9/17/2013 8:59:00 PM More reviews by koragemma

This was not the right product for me. (Oily-to-dry-cursed, acne-prone and sensitive skin). I wanted to try something different, and I had good luck with another Boots cleanser (sensitive skin foaming cleanser), but the thickness/richness and scent did not agree with me. What may be moisturizing to some was filmy and oily for me, and the scent was too strong. (Took forever, but finally figured out I need fragrance free for my face). Super cute bottle, but very inconvenient to use. Guess I could fill it with something and use the soap for my hands for now.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/6/2011 10:54:00 PM More reviews by lollylilly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I was really expecting to love Boots' Original Beauty Formula Cleansing Milk, but was extremely disappointed. I usually like Boots products, but the only thing I really liked about the cleansing milk was the pretty vintage bottle. It looks nice on my shelf, but the product itself just doesn't cut it for me. First, the packaging is impractical and the cleansing milk, which has the consistency of a lotion, is difficult to get out of the bottle. Second, the smell is overpowering for something you put on your face, and honestly it isn't a very pleasant scent. That's coming from someone who isn't sensitive to smells and generally really enjoys products with strong scents, and especially anything with a floral or herbal scent. This was just too much. Third, it didn't do a very good job taking off my makeup at all. It took off maybe half of my foundation, and I didn't even dare try to use it on my eye makeup (I know better than to put something with that strong a smell anywhere near my eyes). Finally, I just don't like the way my skin feels after using this - kind of itchy and irritated. Overall I found this to be a very substandard product, and wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2011 9:42:00 AM More reviews by Kalya

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love the geranium-rosy scent, the milky-creamy consistency of the cleanser and the beautiful 'vintage' style bottle (even though it is sort of difficult to get the cleanser out! lol). The cleanser does a decent job of removing any gunk off the face.
Looks like I am sensitive to some ingredient in this cleanser as it makes may eyes itch after I use it, but it is not too bad. I wish they would reduce the dimethicone and parabens in all of Boots products.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/25/2011 2:05:00 PM More reviews by VAmom

I'm going to go against the crowd and say I did not like this. First, packaging. It was in a box in the store, so I didn't know till I got home that the bottle is glass with a screw top. Don't like glass container in BR, and cap makes it hard to get product out. The scent is geranium; it does smell like rose geranium but I didn't like it. Product is thick, and difficult to get out. It did not get all my mu off, and I was only wearing tm and powder. Hard to rinse off, and face felt just a bit oily after using it.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/31/2011 12:25:00 PM More reviews by scrimp9890

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

When I found this product, I was looking for a cleansing milk at Target. I loved the old timey look of the bottle. I don't like the scent, it's the only thing I don't like about it. It removes my waterproof mascara with ease, and it leaves my face refreshing. I wish the bottle was easier to use, the consistency of the liquid of the bottle that I got was thick. I have to shake it, and then I can get it out by sticking to cotton ball, or my fingers in it. Other than that, I really like it.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/19/2011 9:45:00 PM More reviews by beautyinme

I was excited to try this product because everyone gave it good reviews. I tried this product for a few days and I have a change of thought. It did leave my skin looking clean and fresh, but after a while, it kind of dried my cheeks. Although it did not leave my skin feeling tight and dehydrated, I noticed that the dry patches on my cheeks came back. I guess I have to put moisturizer on after cleaning my face. The thing that bothers me the most is that this product kind of stings my under eye area and my cheeks. The stinging sensation goes away after I rinse it with water, but even after wiping it off with a cotton pad, the stinging is still there. The smell isn't great. I actually think that Pond's cold cream smells better. It isn't as oily as the Pond's cold cream and that's all I like about it. The packaging is unique, but I prefer it to be in a plastic tube so that I can squeeze the product out. I wouldn't purchase this product again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/25/2011 1:18:00 PM More reviews by jinxd

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love this stuff so much. I have very sensitive, very acne-prone, combo skin with some patches of eczema so I have a hard time finding products that work and don't cause one problem or another.
Cleansers that remove makeup tend to irritate my skin, oil cleansers are too harsh and dry me out, cold creams are too heavy and cause breakouts. This stuff is perfect paired with a gentle cleanser, non-drying but not too emollient and it still removes every bit of my makeup. My mom (who is breakout prone but has drier skin) is able to use this alone rather than following with a cleanser and loves it just as much as I do.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2011 8:06:00 PM More reviews by antolin1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Excellent choice for dry skin- it’s a good old fashioned “cold cream” type cleanser. It’s actually kind of like a moisture mask as its best applied and left on for a minute before rinsing off. I like that the main ingredients are simple and no frill - water, olive oil and a couple different types of cocoa butter. However, I am not really thrilled that this contains parabens just bc I don’t see any reason for them BUT they aren’t concentrated enough to bring on any worries. The price is great (around $7.00) and I give mega lippies for the glass jar (stabilization, keeps fresh, and looks cute on the counter too). I would NOT recommend for people prone to breakouts but I highly recommend this for dry skin and aging skin types and those who don’t like foaming cleansers.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/4/2011 10:10:00 AM More reviews by eelivingston

To reiterate what Dee652 said, this product is NOT for oily/acne prone skin. After 2 days of using this, my chin and cheeks broke out horrifically! I'm still trying to get rid of some of these pimples. However, I love the smell and the packaging. I just wish it would work a little better for my skin type.

Would like to try more Boots products.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2011 12:02:00 PM More reviews by Mertestoni

I teared up after using this product in a happy omg I found the best cleanser ever way, I am a product junkie always trying to find the best, never loyal to one skin care product, I've been fighting with my rosy red angry skin for 5/6 years and this calmed and made it look normal again HG. Ps never wrote a review about any skincare/makeup product since nothing ever impressed me this much.