Burt's Bees Mama Bee Body Oil

4.7

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

ngredients: Prunus amygdalus dulcis (sweet almond) oil, citrus medica limonum (lemon) peel oil, triticum vulgare (wheat) germ oil, tocopherol, rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf extract, glycine soja (soybean) oil, canola oil

I have very dry skin and bought this on a recommendation of a friend of mine with a baby who suffers from dry skin too.

I use it on wet skin after my shower at night and dab dry. Usually, I use almond oil but lately, it just doesn't seem to be working as effectively and I find myself having to use lotion the following morning.

Got to say - I'm really impressed so far (2 weeks of use) and I don't have to grab the lotion for my shins and arms.

Also! I found another use for it as a nail and cuticle oil. I added jojoba oil (it's actually wax ester) and seriously, it's excellent on my nails. Soaks in fast and leave my usually dry cuticles looking and feeling well hydrated.

I paid $6.56 for 4 oz at Walmart and although I'm not likely to be giving up my CND Solar oil anytime soon, I'm happy to use the Mama Bee Body Oil (with the addition of jojoba oil) during the day if I feel my nails (and hands) need a little extra TLC.

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Another gem I found in my container full lotions (when I was quite the hoarder) and just to clarify I've never been pregnant. I've never been crazy about any Burts Bees products but this one got me! The Mama bee is advertised mostly for pregnant women to get rid of their stretch marks etc.. Anyways . I was using J&J with Shea and cocoa butter and I happen to like using this one on my body better because I notice a huge difference in the softness of my skin. My body feels smoother than a baby's butt. And yes I slather this stuff on my tushy. It is feeling extra touchable, and I'm not going to share the comment my SO other said. Perhaps this is putting into perspective how delightful my body feels after using this oil for a week. It feels greasy for a little bit but I don't mind it at all. I don't even like lemony scents (never have) but I rather enjoyed this one. It is lightly scented. It also contains sweet almond oil. I also have a vitamin e body oil from Trader Joes which is one of the essential ingredients in Mama Bee and I still prefer putting this one on my body over the one from Trader Joes. It glides on so smoothly. I love it! Needless to say I just ran out and will in fact buy another one with or without a baby!!

I love this oil. I used it while pregnant and continue to use it now while breastfeeding. It smells amazing (of lemon), glides on the skin well, and absorbs easily. It is inexpensive and safe to use during pregnancy and postpartum. I used this oil even in the hot and humid summer, with great success and without feeling greasy. I apply after the shower to lock in moisture.

I am not pregnant, nor have I ever have been, I bought this purely for the smell. It smells exactly like LUSH each peach massage bar, but it is a lot easier to apply. I use this dripping wet when I get out of the shower, so I dont use a lot, and the fresh citrus scent really wakes me up.
It leaves my dry skin so smooth, but it is expensive. I paid 15 for a little bottle, which is very expensive, so I will try to find it cheaper if I will buy it again. It is much better than normal baby oil, as it is not greasy at all. Shame it is sooooo expensive, otherwise it would be a staple.

Smells AMAZING! I originally tried this through a friends' medicine cabinet and had to retain from using the entire bottle. I just ordered my own online for $5.75 as to the opposed $8. Looking forward to use this on my 27 week pregnant belly/hips/thighs...it is light and absorbs quickly. Again, I LOVE the lemon-y and refreshing smell.

I love this product! It has a lovely, refreshing and subtle lemony smell. It is actually a nourishing body oil which contains Vitamin E. I started using it since I was about 20+ weeks pregnant and I still continue using it now that I am 31 weeks pregnant. I believe it will moisturise and nourish my stretched belly skin. I love that it is absorbed quickly into the skin and unlike other belly lotions, it does not leave any streaky residue that could ruin your clothes.

Popular Body Skincare Products