April 23, 2014 | 1448 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Becca - Mattifying Primer

rated 1 of 5 on 1/4/2014 11:50:00 PM More reviews by sabrinalovesmakeup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

My skin has always been dry but after I've had my daughter it's been combo oily and I heard great things about this primer so I tried it out thinking it would creat a great base for my becca foundation.... No way!!! At first it was so smooth and made my skin feel so soft because of it's silicone texture .... As soon as I started apply my foundation It started balling my skin up! It looked so bad I had to wash my complete face and start over because it was so smudged and looked like I have skin issues! I wouldn't re comes anyone to use this.. I tried using it multiple times trying to find ways that would work so I wouldn't have wasted so much money.. But nothing worked. My best friend uses it & loves it tho. She said that if as soon and she puts it on her face she has to apply foundation or else it does the same thing.. So idk. Just something I would tell you to get a sample of before going out and buying!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2013 12:22:00 AM More reviews by juelzmain22

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

First and foremost this is THE holygrail primer for me, hands down...I have gone to extremes to try and keep my face from being an oily mess such as using milk of magnesia and monistat chafing gel all because they were recommended to people with extremely oily skin. I do not have combo skin but OILY skin everywhere...cheeks, chin, nose, and forehead...and I hate when my blush doesn't last all dai because of the sliding around it does since my cheeks don't stay matte, I also have to wear headgear (military) most of the day and I hate makeup transfer to the rim of it. With this primer I can get a full days wear of makeup (from 830-1800) without being a greasy oily mess, seriously no sliding of my makeup, no transfers, my blush stays on all day, and I don't have to constantly check mirrors to see if my nose is glowing (in a bad way) I only got the sample size of this primer from a sephora order so that's why I gave the price 3 stars after finding out how much this stuff costs. Will I purchase it, yes I will because like I said I have gone to some extremes to keep my makeup looking flawless and this has been the onli primer to help. This primer works wonders with the cover girl queen all day flawless foundation, the Mac match master foundation, and really any other foundations that claim to give a matte all day flawless finish... For oily skinned girls they work hand in hand to combat any excess oil without drying the skin out. I do moisturize before I put this primer on though...that's juz me because I need sunscreen treatment other than what my foundation gives me...I think if u have oily skin u should try this primer...it works wonders

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2013 6:09:00 PM More reviews by brio815

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I received a sample of this w/a Sephora order. Used it and loved it. Bought a full size. If I use a foundation that isn't for oily skin then I don't believe the primer works as well (for me). But with the right foundation, this keeps my oil at bay pretty much my whole work day. I don't think some of these ladies are using it right. I don't moisturize at all. I have a few dry spots I will put a lil moisturizer on after I apply my make up. This works as a first step for me. Not an after thought. The tube is $36. No different than any other high end primer. So why bitch about the cost? The primer is thicker than others I've tried. Not recommended for dry skin. I'd imagine that's common sense. I have had a few cystic pimples pop up but can't say if it's from this or not.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/12/2013 10:51:00 PM More reviews by namioki

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Horrible. I do not write reviews about makeup but I got a sample of this stuff, and here I am. Thank god it was a sample because I would be so upset if I dropped the ridiculous amount of money this stuff costs.

My skin has always been combo. Normal on my cheeks, but some oil on the t-zone. My monthly visitor likes to pop up a few pimples on my chin but they were never bad or anything I couldn't treat quickly. But, this stuff broke me out somethin' BAD, and that's an understatement. I know it was this stuff because I have a skincare and makeup routine that I stick to religiously, that I have been using for ages, and this was the one new thing I introduced to the routine. Lo and behold, I am broken out all over my cheeks literally overnight. With the application, this stuff is so drying that I could feel my face tighten like someone was pulling at it. It is just a very uncomfortable feeling, and the mattifying part is just meh. And now, I have tons of pimples all over my cheek area and near my mouth. I have never broken out there, ever, even during my adolescent cystic acne period. My skin is bumpy and red and I have this junk to blame.

I highly suggest you stay far away from this primer as possible. Never have I had such a terrible reaction to a product. It doesn't even mattify your face very well and it tugs and pulls on it during application. The only place this thing is going next is in the garbage!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2013 4:46:00 PM More reviews by PianoGirl1985

So for those of you lovely ladies who mention that this primer is drying, as a suggestion try to apply this primer AFTER your foundation. And even wait an hour or so for your natural oils to come through. I think it works better as a blotting product, not underneath product.
As a word of caution, it may appear white-ish on medium/darker skin tones, so make sure to warm it first between your fingers very very well and top with a setting powder.
Love this primer and since you only need the tiniest bit, worth the price tag.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/4/2013 10:34:00 PM More reviews by Kathy123

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

It is pretty obvious from the reviews and specific description of this product that this is not fit for dry skin. In fact, if you are on any medication for acne, don't even think about using this product. This is for oily to very oily people. It does indeed sucks the oil to a nice matte finish. I use BE original minerals and it stays on the whole day without melting on my very oily skin. I highly recommend this to my oily friends!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2013 10:36:00 PM More reviews by SassyUndertaker

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is one of the best primers I've come across for my oily skin. I was first surprised at how creamy the texture is, the past primers that I've used felt more slippery because of silicone, not to say that this doesn't contain some form of silicone but this felt more like a lightweight moisturizer. My foundation application was smoother and the product kept me matted for about 5 hours before I had to touch up but even when I did my face wasn't excessively oily or blotchy like I experienced with past primers. So this is definitely a keeper.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/19/2013 5:43:00 PM More reviews by zulu59

i have combination, acne-prone skin, and i get really oily on my t zone. i have small bumps underneath my skin that just don't go away, and they make me really self conscious. the employees at sephora suggested this primer, and said it was better than the smashbox primed and poreless, which i had been using. i used this over my moisturizer and under my makeup, and i let it dry FOREVER before putting my makeup on, but it never "set" and just felt like i had a layer of grease on my face. when i applied my foundation with a brush, it "dragged" and left brush strokes on my face...i had to apply so much powder to get my face to stop feeling tacky. less than 2 hours later i had to re-apply powder cause i was shiny again...and i'm not even that oily! i was hoping this would smooth my skin out and essentially act like a second layer of skin, camouflaging the awful bumps...but it did nothing! i was really hoping for a miracle from all the great reviews, but this product did NOT work for me at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2013 4:22:00 AM More reviews by silveralejandra

I have the oilest skin ever! I mean oil on the t-zone which later smears on anything i come in contact with. I tried this product after a sephora sales rep gave me a free trial. Since then i have been committed to this product. Yes very pricey but it lasts so long and it really works. Previously ive tried smachbox, clinique, mac, but nothing compares to this!! Thank you whoever invented this!!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/12/2013 4:50:00 PM More reviews by maeshiil

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Extremely drying!