September 21, 2014 | 1192 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Becca - Mattifying Primer

rated 4 of 5 on 9/17/2014 9:47:00 PM More reviews by bellavee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Where should I begin? I have extremely oily skin, I mean, I am an oil slick within less than an hour kind of oily. Big pores but overall clear skin. And not to mention, I live in hot, humid Florida.

When I try out a product, I like to try it in different ways and in conjunction with different products. So the first day I wore it after I put on a thin layer of MoM, then Sephora's mattifant moisturizer. Then I followed the directions of the reviewers below: took a tiny bit, rubbed between two clean fingers, and applied lightly and to small sections. At first I put too much and like many have said, my makeup looked scaly and patchy. I was horrified! But I was also very determined, so I tried again. I tried to avoid sections I already applied to and smooth it out a little more and the result was fabulous! It took a little more time than my usual routine, as I'm still getting used to it, but my makeup looked flawless. And I'm happy to say, it withstood the test. It stayed on all day, I was so impressed. Even towards the very end of the day when I was sweating and got slightly oily, my makeup still looked amazing.

Now, I also tried it without the MoM and the results were not impressive. If I had tried it like that the first time, I would have probably returned it. But since I found what works I am very happy.

It did amazing with oil and sweat when I used my MoM, it did nothing for my pores but that wasn't my main concern, and it does take some patience to apply but overall, I'm happy with the results and will buy again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2014 10:16:00 AM More reviews by hwnpunch

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've had a deluxe sample of this primer sitting unused in my makeup bag for months. I used it recently on a last minute trip and was pleasantly surprised. This is a great primer for the t-zone if you have combo skin like I do or for all over if you have very oily skin. It definitely keeps my t-zone matte and my foundation or BB looking fresh. I also like it under the eyes after moisturizing to prevent my concealer from creasing. Less is definitely more since this can leave a powdery finish and it takes a little more work to blend evenly than most silicone primers. It also feels slightly tacky and tight until it dries down completely which may not appeal to some but becomes unnoticeable after foundation is applied. Not sure that I will use this in the cooler months when my skin gets drier but this is a great t-zone option for me in warmer weather.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/26/2014 1:40:00 PM More reviews by lavacakes

I only had a small sample (i.e. I can not review price or package) of this and I just used it, because I figured on the hottest day of the year it's a good day to wear a primer.

Let me just say that if you have even remotely dry skin, this is NOT the primer for you. It definitely mattifies your skin, but it sucked out all the moisture in my combo skin and crusted almost immediately around the corners of my mouth, etc. My face feels almost as tight as it does with a clay masque on. I don't think makeup will apply evenly over this because of how much moisture it sucked away.

On top of that, it is exceedingly heavy in texture, difficult to spread evenly and thinly, and I imagine if you're acne prone it would clog you immediately.

If you have very oily skin, this may be a good product for you, but if you have combo, dry, or sensitive skin, I would advise to stay away from it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2014 8:47:00 PM More reviews by Chizara123

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Deep Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

AMAZING! I have nothing but good things to say about this product. First off I have really oily skin and other primers I have tried just didn't work. (Mary Kay, too faced etc). I came across this product while browsing through sephoras primers online. I do not recommend this primer for DRY skin. It makes your face tight for a little bit and it actually sucks the oil off your face. It does feel a bit drying but it leaves you matte for a long time. My skin was matte all day-- except my forhead but that's another story. If you have oily skin get this! It is beyond amazing!! :)

rated 3 of 5 on 7/13/2014 3:27:00 AM More reviews by gsalazar82

If you have very OILY skin all over than you will probably love this. However, not everyone who likes a matte finish has extremely oily skin, like myself. I have combination skin and this stuff is way too drying for me to use all over. I only apply this to my t-zone and I use very little. It does a good job at diffusing pore size but it has a tendency to adhere to imperfections and emphasizes them.

Do not "rub" this primer to apply it. It's very thick and you have to use a patting motion for it to look it's best. It leaves a white cast if you use too much or if you have a tan/deep skin tone.

The packaging is worth mentioning as well. It's a squeeze tube made of a very thin plastic. Since the product itself is so thick you have to squeeze harder than you would normally. Because of this the tube creases badly which looks bad but also becomes a problem when you're on your last bit of product and can't get it out.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/10/2014 2:27:00 PM More reviews by crazyk00kies7

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

After reading numerous reviews and articles advertising this primer I decided to splurge on what seemed to be a useless product (I think primers are a waste of time and $$)
NOT ANYMORE! This is a definite must have for the days I wear foundation and pressed powder. I'm still testing its mattifying wonders on bare, non-foundation skin and so far, so good.
Applied makeup routine at 10 am, took a sweaty NYC subway mid July and ran around on time constraint to different stores, while working a restaurant job up until 12 at night! Although I did touch up my pressed powder around 6pm, not once did I pull out my many blotting papers that I so dearly hold close to my heart-- winning!
4 lippies for having just bought this amazing primer. I will return after a few more uses and re-review to see if I break out or get "immune" to the formula.
The trick is to squeeze out small drops on your finger and DAB, NOT SMEAR on areas of your face that are the oiliest (for me, that's my entire face). Very little goes a long way!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/4/2014 11:50:00 PM More reviews by sabrinalovesmakeup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

My skin has always been dry but after I've had my daughter it's been combo oily and I heard great things about this primer so I tried it out thinking it would creat a great base for my becca foundation.... No way!!! At first it was so smooth and made my skin feel so soft because of it's silicone texture .... As soon as I started apply my foundation It started balling my skin up! It looked so bad I had to wash my complete face and start over because it was so smudged and looked like I have skin issues! I wouldn't re comes anyone to use this.. I tried using it multiple times trying to find ways that would work so I wouldn't have wasted so much money.. But nothing worked. My best friend uses it & loves it tho. She said that if as soon and she puts it on her face she has to apply foundation or else it does the same thing.. So idk. Just something I would tell you to get a sample of before going out and buying!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2013 12:22:00 AM More reviews by juelzmain22

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

First and foremost this is THE holygrail primer for me, hands down...I have gone to extremes to try and keep my face from being an oily mess such as using milk of magnesia and monistat chafing gel all because they were recommended to people with extremely oily skin. I do not have combo skin but OILY skin everywhere...cheeks, chin, nose, and forehead...and I hate when my blush doesn't last all dai because of the sliding around it does since my cheeks don't stay matte, I also have to wear headgear (military) most of the day and I hate makeup transfer to the rim of it. With this primer I can get a full days wear of makeup (from 830-1800) without being a greasy oily mess, seriously no sliding of my makeup, no transfers, my blush stays on all day, and I don't have to constantly check mirrors to see if my nose is glowing (in a bad way) I only got the sample size of this primer from a sephora order so that's why I gave the price 3 stars after finding out how much this stuff costs. Will I purchase it, yes I will because like I said I have gone to some extremes to keep my makeup looking flawless and this has been the onli primer to help. This primer works wonders with the cover girl queen all day flawless foundation, the Mac match master foundation, and really any other foundations that claim to give a matte all day flawless finish... For oily skinned girls they work hand in hand to combat any excess oil without drying the skin out. I do moisturize before I put this primer on though...that's juz me because I need sunscreen treatment other than what my foundation gives me...I think if u have oily skin u should try this primer...it works wonders

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2013 6:09:00 PM More reviews by brio815

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I received a sample of this w/a Sephora order. Used it and loved it. Bought a full size. If I use a foundation that isn't for oily skin then I don't believe the primer works as well (for me). But with the right foundation, this keeps my oil at bay pretty much my whole work day. I don't think some of these ladies are using it right. I don't moisturize at all. I have a few dry spots I will put a lil moisturizer on after I apply my make up. This works as a first step for me. Not an after thought. The tube is $36. No different than any other high end primer. So why bitch about the cost? The primer is thicker than others I've tried. Not recommended for dry skin. I'd imagine that's common sense. I have had a few cystic pimples pop up but can't say if it's from this or not.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/12/2013 10:51:00 PM More reviews by namioki

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Horrible. I do not write reviews about makeup but I got a sample of this stuff, and here I am. Thank god it was a sample because I would be so upset if I dropped the ridiculous amount of money this stuff costs.

My skin has always been combo. Normal on my cheeks, but some oil on the t-zone. My monthly visitor likes to pop up a few pimples on my chin but they were never bad or anything I couldn't treat quickly. But, this stuff broke me out somethin' BAD, and that's an understatement. I know it was this stuff because I have a skincare and makeup routine that I stick to religiously, that I have been using for ages, and this was the one new thing I introduced to the routine. Lo and behold, I am broken out all over my cheeks literally overnight. With the application, this stuff is so drying that I could feel my face tighten like someone was pulling at it. It is just a very uncomfortable feeling, and the mattifying part is just meh. And now, I have tons of pimples all over my cheek area and near my mouth. I have never broken out there, ever, even during my adolescent cystic acne period. My skin is bumpy and red and I have this junk to blame.

I highly suggest you stay far away from this primer as possible. Never have I had such a terrible reaction to a product. It doesn't even mattify your face very well and it tugs and pulls on it during application. The only place this thing is going next is in the garbage!