November 24, 2014 | 1385 users online

Cleansers - Pur Minerals - Revitalizing Face Wash

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2014 2:35:00 AM More reviews by hebrides

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I found my perfect cleanser but I think it was discontinued. It takes all the makeup off including mascara, and it does not leave a greasy residue as others do. I have a small sample and if it was anywhere I'd be buying a big bottle right now. Alas.

The full name is Purminerals Revitalizing Wash Souffle Facial Cleanser. This product is not on the shelves anymore.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2011 12:48:00 PM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Like almost all my Pur Minerals products, I purchased this from the Canadian Shopping Channel so the price was very, very reasonable. This is a gentle, non-foaming face wash (that you rinse off with water). With a bit of care, it will remove most eye makeup pretty effectively, though you do need to take care not to get it into your eyes - the face wash IS gentle but not THAT gentle. The instructions on the bottle refer to this as a "souffle" but what is dispense through the pump is really just a milky liquid - not a "souffle" at all. The pump design is very practical and the product itself has a pleasant smell and I find it to be fairly non-drying and non-irritating.

The very odd thing about this is that the first bottle of this I got was fine but the 2nd separated - a clear, watery liquid on the bottom and a thick, white liquid on top (90% white liquid, 10% "water"). I did notice that at PUR's own site, only one reviewer mentioned this and she was told by the PUR people that this separation is "normal". Well, I don't think it's normal - my first bottle didn't do this and no one else even mentioned it so I wonder if the person who asked about it got a "defective" bottle from the same batch as my 2nd bottle. It separates in a very short time - sitting overnight - but it's fine as soon as you shake up the container. Still, I have the very strong suspicion that this shouldn't be happening. And that's why I took off one "lippie".

rated 3 of 5 on 11/30/2010 9:09:00 PM More reviews by click

A little goes a long way. You dont need much. Doesn't do much to remove any mascara that may have been left by the eye makeup remover. Seems to clean well without too much residue, however, leaves my face a bit tight. Smells sort of citrus/lavendar-spalike.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2009 2:02:00 AM More reviews by ontariogirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is my HG cleanser. I use the mineral melt first to take of my eyemakeup then this cleanser. My face feels so soft and even moisturized after I use it. A little goes a long way. You dont need much. I use morning and night. It is the only cleanser I have used that I actually look forward to using!!!! Love the smell of it too

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2009 12:40:00 AM More reviews by Lupina

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I like this cleanser a lot. It is not drying and yet removes the oils on my skin. If you are able to buy the large 16 oz size I think this cleanser is a great price, about $ 20.