October 20, 2014 | 1924 users online

Treatments (Face) - Nature's Gate - C for yourself Vitamin C texturizing serum

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2013 2:14:00 PM More reviews by Angelamakeup

I was looking for a replacement for my Perricone MD tone correcting serum which has been discontinued. I picked this up in hopes of finding a product with Vitamin C. So far I can say that I'm enjoying this product. It makes my skin feel smooth. It hasn't broken me out and it smells citrus (reminding me of the Perricone MD serum). I've been using it a few weeks and I wouldn't say it is as brightening as the Perricone MD but it is also a fraction of the cost.

I have already repurchased a backup though I would like to find a product that was as effective as my Perricone MD.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/21/2013 3:02:00 PM More reviews by mokey1

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I purchased this and am happy with the esthetics of this product, i.e., how it feels, absorption, etc; however, when I wrote to the company asking about the types and percentages of active ingredient (Vitamin C), this was their response:
Thank you for contacting Natures Gate. I am unable to provide you percentage information as this is considered proprietary to our suppliers and/or formula. Thank you for your understanding to this matter.

Best Regards,
Chelsea Nunez
Natures Gate
Marketing Assistant
Toll Free: 1-800-327-2012 Ext. 250

I'm sorry, but this is unacceptable, considering you can go to Amazon and view creams and serums with the percentage of Vitamin C clearly stated for those types of products. It makes me feel that Nature's Gate has something to hide, i.e. that their claims that C for Yourself is a 'potent, yet gentle' Vitamin C serum is not backed by facts.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 5/19/2012 7:14:00 PM More reviews by sunflowerdays

This product smells wonderful, but broke me out pretty badly. After the first few days of using this, I got pimples on my forehead, chin, and cheek. I didn't see any of the promised results, and my pores actually seemed to be bigger/my cheeks were a bit redder. I wouldn't buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2012 4:21:00 PM More reviews by slivka81

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I adore this product, where it has been all my life?
I have a very sensitive skin and most products don't work for me (Vichy etc.), so I usually end up with very expensive hand creams as pretty much everything gives me a rash(or my boyfriend ends up using them:-) I resigned to using pure almond oil as it does not irritate my skin but it can be a nightmare to put on make up afterwards, as it is just too greasy. Anyways, I bought this as a random purchase in TKMaxx (UK). I am more than impressed. It is light, non-greasy, brightens up my skin, no nasty rash, tightens pores...it delivers exactly what it say on the package. Unfortunately it not the easiest thing to buy as UK stores do not sell it, so buying it will cost me much more than it costs you ladies in the USA. But I am prepared to order this beauty for the full price, because I don't think I can live without it now. I finally found something that works.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2011 5:10:00 AM More reviews by Amie83

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product works super well for me!
Has absolutely brightened and even out tone of my face, made pores smaller and limited breakouts.
I am using it daytime under sunblock + have a vine day moisturiser, but have been using ROC retinol serum at night lately. Decided to try this as night serum as well to give the retinol a break, and WOW my skin looked much much better the next morning!
Fresh, moisturised, acne scars noticeably smaller! I recommend this to anoyone who cant or wont use retinol but still want efficient anti-aging serum.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/5/2010 9:15:00 AM More reviews by karmabum

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This did make my face a bit brighter and smells nice but not a HG product. It did nothing for the few darker spots on my cheeks after several weeks. I also got it cheap at TJ Maxx thank goodness. My real gripe is the packaging--glass?! Glass bottles look nice but are not practical for an everyday product other than *maybe* perfume. This bottle fell off a shelf and shattered. A nice recycled plastic bottle would still be functional if NG had gone that route!!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2010 9:33:00 PM More reviews by onitacy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Can't say I'd repurchase this product. It didn't do half as good a job as Pharmagel's vitamin c. The lines on my neck and around my nose are noticeable again. Good thing I only paid 10$ for it at TJMaxx.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2010 12:04:00 AM More reviews by paisleygirl

I love this moisturizer...it smells amazing! My skin looks very bright, even and refreshed when I use it. The only downside is that it does not contain SPF, but my tinted moisturizer has that so it's not a dealbreaker.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2010 2:25:00 AM More reviews by botoxic

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Nice, stable, effective (Sodium Ascorbyl Phospate), inexpensive ($8 on sale at Marshall's) C serum, with a light lotion consistency. Does what the box says, refines pores, boosts moisture, etc. I'll likely buy this full price when I run out, because it's still not terribly expensive--around $25 for 1.7oz, and can be found readily online for less. Makes my skin look and behave well, and doesn't break me out like CE Ferulic does. Has vitamins A in the form of retinyl palmitate, and E as tocopherol acetate, as well as bisabolol, marshamallow,and aloe vera, which my skin finds very soothing. Does have silicones, which my skin seems not to mind. No parabens, but sodium EDTA, as a milder preservative. Smells good--like oranges, all natural, of course. Boasts 70% organic ingredients. I don't know how potent this is, all the really potent C serums I've tried, like Cellex C or Skinceutical, made my face ragged and red. Works well under sunscreen. Hooray!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2010 2:03:00 AM More reviews by PaleInComparison

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

One of my everyday products. I got a sample of this product from a friend and after just two days of use I knew I couldn't be without it. While I use this with a moisturizer as well, I do feel for normal skin it would be plenty on it's own. It smells great, is almost immediately absorbed into the skin and gives it a very soft, dewey feel. I have had my bottle almost four months now and it is still half full, after daily use and several other friends who wanted to "try it out". I am very glad I found this serum- and before I got it I didn't even know I needed it. It's been a huge help in evening out redness and "plumping" my skin so to speak!