November 28, 2014 | 1712 users online

Eyeliner - Estee Lauder - Double Wear Stay in Place Eyeliner in Midnight Blue

rated 3 of 5 on 5/15/2013 3:45:00 PM More reviews by jjjen09

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I like it because it comes on really easily, like a crayon, but it smudges so fast and doesn't stay on. I love the midnight blue color on the brown eyes though, really brings them out! I would suggest buying NYX instead.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/5/2012 10:50:00 AM More reviews by hunnybunnyipm

I purchased this in black, but this was the only review of this product I could find. I adore Estee Lauder's skin care products, their lipsticks are a dream, their mascara are amazing (but only in sample size, go figure), and I like their foundations. So when my friend raved about this eyeliner I thought done deal.

Well, a 1 is kind of harsh, but when you're paying Estee Lauder prices, you get held to a high standard. It flakes like crazy all over my face. It dries out as I'm putting it on and is a bit of a pain. Now, it's lovely when you've just put it on, but it smears like crazy and there are black flecks all over my face all day. Very disappointing.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2011 9:23:00 AM More reviews by cratsky

Having hooded asian eyes, most liners basically smudge or melt off by the end of the day.

I have this in both black and the dark grey and it's fantastic. I put it on in the morning, and it does not budge at all. As other reviewers have said, smudge it out immediately otherwise prepare yourself for some permanent colour.

I found with the dark grey (it's actually more like a gunmetal grey) it worked well with my hooded eye as the slight oiliness I experience caused the liner to change into this rather glossy, dark silver pop of colour. Very subtle and a rather nice surprise. Truly, this liner did not move at all. No transference what so ever.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2011 11:43:00 AM More reviews by justpass

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great pigmentation, smooth application, no smear (in fact, if you want to smoke it out, you have to be quick, because it sets and does not budge!), no flaking. Stays well on the waterline, it does fade after several hours but what doesn't on the waterline. The colour is very elegant, a good alternative to black if you want sultry but with a pop of colour. Expensive yes, but you pay for this quality.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2010 6:35:00 PM More reviews by trevor97

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this eyeliner - it is the best long wearing eyeliner I've ever used and I live in sunny, hot, humid Florida!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/10/2009 11:29:00 PM More reviews by Peaches1027

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this color. It's a dark blue with gold flecks in it that looks great with my olive skin. It goes on smoothly. This performs just as well as any other long-wearing eyeliner, which means it smudges after a few hours on my oily skin. I love the colors in this line and will purchase one or two more. However, the gold standard for long-wearing pencil eyeliners continues to be Urban Decay 24/7. They last all day, even on the heat. I recommend this product for color, consistency and because it isn't Estee Lauder's fault I have oily skin. ($17.50 USD)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2009 12:22:00 PM More reviews by princessgracie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Overall, a good product. I like the color, a bit brighter than navy, but still a darker blue. It isn't as smudgy as the others, and the SA said the gel sets in place after a few seconds. Whatever. Did it wear 15 hours? Not really, but lasted longer than the others I have used. My fave is still the Urban Decay liners, so I might have to make a trip to Detroit!

***Edit***couldnt use on a day with a temp over 70. Still melted off by noon!!! Loved the color, but returned for creme pot. Why do I have to be oil slick at almost 40?