July 29, 2014 | 2005 users online

Lip Gloss - Lancome - Juicy Tubes - Raisin

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2009 6:53:00 AM More reviews by LipstickLil

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Raisin is the only one of the Lancome Juicy Tubes that I can wear, since it is a well pigmented gloss - some of the others hardly show up on my pigmented lips. This is a lovely clear, deep berry-pink colour, on the cool side, and wonderful for autumn/winter. I'm not a big fan of the plastic applicator - prefer Chanel's doe-foot - but it does the job. I also don't like the taste particularly, but this soon wears off! All in all, it's a lovely gloss, shiny without being over-the-top, and feeling very comfortable on the lips. It doesn't go over the lipline, but it is quite thick - I like this though, as it means the lipgloss lasts well.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/5/2009 11:58:00 AM More reviews by andkirstyloves

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i quite like juicy tubes-i never buy the full size ones, i get the kits with the four dinky tubes because i am like, a total cheapskate, but i got this in my christmas stocking one year. i don't use it often becazuse i prefer brights (i'm a little bit of an eighties-a-holic) but it's a cute berry colour that i wear quite a lot in winter when i'm paler and usually rocking darker makeup. i don't know if i'm alone in finding that reapplication of juicy tubes has to be done fairly frequently otherwise you get a pretty gross gummy feeling, or if that's just my general phobia of the feel of product. i love the smell of this one, too. like grape juice. yummy! points lost on packaging cos stuff gets in the cap if you have it floating around in your bag.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/24/2008 5:47:00 AM More reviews by winterfairy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Nice berry shade, strongly pigmented. Pretty sticky and longlasting. But I'm not a fan of any lip gloss, so it's not my cup of tea. And I don't like the tube - you have to be an expert to apply it striaght from the tube. Won't buy again (because of animal testing too)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2008 5:58:00 PM More reviews by Spurklie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This was the first JT I purchased and has remained my favourite. More pigmented that most of the other glosses in the line, it creates a sheer, glossy berry stain mouth.

My advice is to only apply lightly. As with all JTs in my experience, too much and they become far too sticky. Applied lightly this is lovely for an evening look. Would definitely repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/16/2007 5:30:00 PM More reviews by ananga

I dont like to wear this at all. The tube looks pretty but leaves sticky heavy, almost oily film on your lips. Very unpleasant feeling. Shade is nice cold berry colour, well pigmented but looks much lighter on the lips. I prefer tubes with a brush. Nice sweety smell. I would not buy this again, try Biotherm Glossy Shine instead.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2007 8:10:00 AM More reviews by maan84

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Another excellent Juicy Tube! Raisin is a deep berry pink. Unlike most JT's it is quite pigmented. Which is good if you ask me. I love the color!! Great for everyday wear. Very pretty indeed! I love the scent, so yummy and delicious, and the packaging. Pretty good lasting power. The only downside is that all JT's are a bit sticky. However, that is not a big problem for me.

I would definitely repurchase! I love my JT's. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 5/27/2007 8:28:00 AM More reviews by bingobingo

A lovely berry shade, quite pigmented for a gloss. My lips are naturally dark so this actually shows up on them.
Don't like the tube though- the gloss looks better when applied using a brush rather than when slicked on striaght from the tube.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2007 9:13:00 PM More reviews by cosmokid

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

My fave JT shade. I find alot of them too pale - this one is great if you're wanting to look abit more made up with a gloss, or as a gloss highlight over a lipstick (love this over Chanel's Casablanca). I find Juicy Tube's a bit sticky, but they're handy to keep in your handbag when you need an easy touchup sans mirror.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/6/2006 5:36:00 AM More reviews by pandoraboxes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I like this juicy tube the best of any I own, mostly due to the fact that it actually has colour - a sort of deep berry pink. I'd agree with other reviewers that the colour is almost like 'Benetint for lips'. The SA who tested on me absolutely slapped it on about 3 coats thick which looked hideous - it works much better as a tinted glossy stain. I know some people find JTs sticky but I quite like the tackiness. I also find them moisturising, in contrast to most other lipsticks and glosses. I think this could become a product I will buy again and again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2006 8:10:00 AM More reviews by Emma13

"Raisin" is French for grape, not raisin... This gloss was my first Juicy Tube and it's a great wine red shade. Looks bold in the tube but goes on sheer. Brings a touch of colour to my face. There is no way you can make it go on opaque unless you pile it on with a trowel... I like this colour for winter when I'm pale. It's very sticky and that means I cannot kiss my husband when I'm wearing this, but it lasts a long time and does NOT dry out my lips (a miracle!) Therefore, thumbs way up for Raisin.