October 25, 2014 | 1681 users online

Blush - Mehron - Celebre Professional Pressed Powder Blusher

rated 3.0(1 review)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2009 1:27:00 AM More reviews by loverofmineralmakeup

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is a review for Mehron's Celebre Professional Pressed Powder Blusher Palette.

I bought this palette of blushes because I needed new blushes and rather than buy multiple blushes and then have to depot them, I wanted to purchase a blush palette so as to save both time and money. From reading reviews and watching YT videos, I had read and heard great things about Mehron's professional cosmetics line so I took the plunge and bought this blusher palette of 8 blushes hoping I would love it. However, I only liked 3 possibly 4 of the 8 blushes and quite frankly this isn't enough of justification to keep this blusher palette in my makeup collection. Don't get me wrong, this blusher palette is quite lovely, the blushes have a nice soft texture, are easy to blend and have staying power but all of the blushes are matte colors - I like matte blushes but I don't want 8 of them. Also, 4 of the blushes were orange/peach based and not in tones/shades which accentuates the beauty of darker skin tones so they didn't look good on my caramel color skin, thus I would recommend the blush palette for those who like matte blushes and have lighter skin tones.

After two months of occasional use, I decided to retire this blusher palette and I purchased some La Femme blushes which I absolutely adore. I was going to put this palette up for swap but I gave it to my best friend a couple of weeks ago (as of the date of this review). She hasn't yet tried all 8 blushes but so far she is quite impressed with the quality and durability of the blushes. This just goes to show that makeup - just like most things in life - is very subjective.

Although I would not repurchase this blusher palette, I would neither hesitate to recommend this blusher palette to those with lighter skin tones nor buy any other Mehron product for they are great quality cosmetics at an economical price.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No