September 17, 2014 | 1923 users online

Eye Shadow - Hard Candy - eyeshadow quartet "hypnotic"

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2006 9:43:00 PM More reviews by moochie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I tried this eyeshadow quad today for the first time and I love it! When I first opened it and looked at the colors I thought they might not work that well, but then when I tried them they went on so smooth and blended so well. The colors actually blended in to my complexion some how and didn't look as dramatic as they appear in the compact, although they could be dramatic if I applied more or a used them wet. As well, I was amazed at how good the little brushes were - especially the stiffer liner one. I really liked the way it picked up the shadow and laid it on my eyes. The palest shade in this compact was great too. It looks more "peachy" than I like for a base shadow..but when I applied it - it went on well and looked great on my PPP complexion. I think this will be one compact I'll use completely up and I don't think that has ever happened with an eyeshadow quad!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2005 12:24:00 PM More reviews by supergirl84

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i love hard candy e/s quads because they're reasonably priced, and the e/s are of super high quality! the ones i've tried (techno, old skool, chameleon, and hypnotic) have all been super pigmented, very blendable, and last alld ay - comparable to Shu e/s IMO. this particular quad is comprised of

* pale shimmery peach

* satin finish light silver/gray

* shimmery deep violet purple with a gorgeous blue iridescence

* deep shimmery plum purple

it's a great quad for smoky eye, and can be applied dramatically or blended out for more subtlety. i love it! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2005 12:05:00 PM More reviews by littleflag

I love these purples. Of all the Hard Candy quads, the pigments in this one show up the best and seem like they'd compliment all skin types, even for how dramatic they are. Unique colors, perfect for a smokey dramatic look.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2004 8:41:00 AM More reviews by irishgirl71

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

LLL, Hazel-Green Eyes, NC20>> Yet another huge rave for this HC eye quad..Etheriel's color description is accurate so I will cut to the chase here. Texture is butter-smooth and almost feels creamy! Keep in mind when you have textures such as this (think Shu Uemura shadows) it is best to use an eye primer to prevent creasing! Because I love butter-smooth texture, I almost always wear an eye primer to keep my shadows from creasing. Nevertheless, do not let the teenybopper packaging fool you because the pigment is dense and texture divine! I would also like to add that if you like shadows that "flash" different colors, then HC is the way to go! If you are a purple-lover then Hypnotic is the perfect quad for you..Better yet, Ebay has them for under 11 bucks most of the time. Big Thumbs Up!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2004 8:21:00 PM More reviews by ontheborder

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

All in all a good product. I like the purples for eyeliner. Great dry or wet, and the brush included looks cheap, but works great. The colors aren't exactly right for me, but I would love to try a different quad from HC.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/12/2004 5:26:00 PM More reviews by herbie

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Love HC palettes. This one is different for me (br eyes, hair). The purples (2 shades) are dark, but work better than i thought. Very pigmented w/shimmer. The greyish silver i dont like, but the warm gold color is nice. And i adore the packaging. Great for travel.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2004 11:37:00 PM More reviews by santokie77

I must be the only one who didn't like this product. I expected to like this product as it is purples and I thought Asians could pull it off. Boy was I wrong.

Pigmentation is great for this product, and the product packaging is great, I also have Hard Candy e/s quartet in Wallflower which I love, but these color combination didn't look right on me. I think I am MMM. The colors just didn't look right on me.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2003 3:41:00 PM More reviews by etheriel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Wow! I can't believe I haven't reviewed this one yet...consider I use it like every other day!! I got this quad for around $10 on ebay just for the two purples in there and ended up loving the WHOLE quad. IT consists of a light creamy peach, a medium irrediscent metallic purple, a dark shimmery purple, and a grey.

The dark purple make a great liner and I am the queen of purple liners! It applies perfectly on my asian eyes with the angeled little eye brush included (just wide enough to give a smokey effect), and the pigment is so silky and concentrated that it feels like loose eyeshadows.

Anyway words don't do this quad justice, if you love purple eye looks you have to RUN, yes, RUN, not walk, to get this quad...NOW (most preferentially on ebay if you are poor :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2003 8:59:00 PM More reviews by shanidy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this quad for a night look. Some of the colors are a little dark on my for everyday wear (I'm PPP), but I LOVE them. The sparkle is beautiful and just the right amount. The quality of the shadows is great as well!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2003 4:38:00 AM More reviews by iloveworlddomination

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I got this quartet from Ebay for about $10, otherwise I probably would never have ended up buying any of them (they cost 28 in the UK!) I'm very pleased with it though. I usually buy UD eyeshadows because they apply so nicely but these seem just as good.

Eyeliner is usually my never-leave-the-house-without item, because I wear glasses and otherwise my eyes seem to disappear behind them. I like bold colours (pinks, purples and greens) but I always need black eyeliner on top for definition. The colours in this quad looked like they'd blend together well enough to give a nice defined smoky eye without resorting to the black and ending up looking like some kind of goth. It's nice to have all the colours for a 'look' together, too. I was happy with the results - I don't normally wear any kind of base shade when I do smoky eyes, but the peach is great and really helps the other colours to blend out subtly, and the dark shade of purple goes really well as a liner with the lighter one. Not sure about the silver, but the other three are enough for me. Plus this compact just looks damn cool. continued >>