November 28, 2014 | 1576 users online

Fragrances - LUSH - Go Green Solid Perfume

rated 3 of 5 on 5/12/2010 11:48:00 PM More reviews by violingrl

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

It's okay. In the tin, it smells mostly like cocoa butter and thyme, and it smells a bit greener on my skin. The smell doesn't seem to last very long though, and I find myself having to apply it one or two more times throughout the day. I do like the concept of a solid perfume rather than a spray, though. I just wouldn't necessarily buy this particular one again. This would probably work much better for someone who preferred greener scents-- I tend to gravitate more toward floral fragrances.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2010 1:55:00 PM More reviews by maddsox

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

This is a wonderful spring/summer solid fragrance! It smells fresh, clean, and well... green. I get a wonderful citrus, lavender, and pine scent on my skin. It's clean, but it's NOT Pine-Sol. I find that it smells much brighter on the skin that it does in the pan. So much better than Snow Fairy and Karma imo. I find both of those to be somewhat rank solid perfumes even though I like the soap version.

I'm a big fan of clean scents like Brit Sheer, Light Blue and True Religion, but they NEVER last as long as I'd like. I find that I can rub some Go Green on my pulse points midway through the day and it livens up my already applied Brit Sheer (my all-time fave) as it goes through it's dry down. I love using Go Green on my skin and spritzing my perfumes on my clothing.

As far as the packaging goes, I have never had a problem with the LUSH solid perfume tins. For me, the lids stay on tightly even to the point of being difficult to open at times.

I will be going back to LUSH soon to use up a couple of coupons that are about to expire and I will definitely be purchasing a backup of this. :D

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2010 12:51:00 PM More reviews by tawnyinthepink

Mine smells like a mix of spruce/pine with a waft of freshly mowed grass. I get NO lemon or really much of any citrus. I mainly wear this for strenuous outdoor activity so that there's not a trail of perfume following me around but I still smell refreshing. There's nothing worse IMO than someone wearing an otherwise lovely fragrance sweating and getting 'rank' by the end of the day outside...OMG it's horrid! That's why Go Green has won a place in my collection.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/7/2009 11:45:00 AM More reviews by tina1wina13

Ok so the bottom two people are right, pine type smell, i got NO lemon smell out of this though, more like a bit of a fresh green pine smell. I like the scent a lot actually, straight up from the jar smells crazy strong, but once on my wrist it smells fresh. i won't repurchase though because i have snow fairy and some others that smell much better.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/20/2009 12:09:00 PM More reviews by aquaopaldust

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This smells like...a hippy in a pine forest. It's a strange smell that I can't decide if its good or bad. I got a sample of this and its really hard to put on and the tin that its in doesn't stay closed well. I'm unimpressed and would not buy.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/3/2009 2:09:00 PM More reviews by sarahvma

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Go Green is one of Lush's solid perfumes. The product comes in cheap aluminum tin, the lid often comes off which means it's hard to put in your make-up bag without getting some of the product on your other items.

The scent itself is a cross between lemons and pine smell, so it's rather like a home cleaner, but honestly for summer it's very refreshing and the scent lasts a long time. I liked it, but didn't love it and $10 or so isn't bad for a fragrance.