July 31, 2014 | 2025 users online

Lip Treatments - eos - Lip Balm Sphere - Sweet Mint

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2014 2:40:00 AM More reviews by swtxos

I have only tried Summer Fruit and Sweet Mint, but I prefer Sweet Mint. Summer Fruit seems to dry my lips out as it begins to wear off throughout the day, and I thought that was characteristic of all eos balms so I wasn't going to buy another, until one day I couldn't resist how cute the mint green packaging looked at the drugstore and caved in. Boy am I glad I did because the Sweet Mint not only smells and tastes good (shhh), it feels slightly tingly and fresh on the lips. It is a great balm, and I will repurchase when finished.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2014 2:51:00 AM More reviews by NikitaRose

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

Very cute packaging, it makes it easy to apply the product. But the balm itself is very average, sometimes it almost feels like it dries out my lips. I usually have to reapply less than half and hour after I put it on. Will repurchase but in another scent, hoping that one would work better.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2014 7:18:00 PM More reviews by jercast

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I love this lip balm. It is so cute and it moisturizes my lips very well. I always had trouble with lip balms in the past because for some reason I would get a whitish build up on my lip and they would look chapped and I could kind of peel the skin off my lips (which was gross). After I started using these I haven't had that problem!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/25/2014 5:58:00 AM More reviews by HannahM0706

I love this lip balm it makes my lips super soft and smooth. The packaging is a love hate thing; it's great for leaving it on your nightstand or if you have a huge purse because it's easier to find and harder to lose but on the negative side forget about ever putting it in your pocket and if you have a small purse like me it's not worth taking up the space.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2014 4:51:00 PM More reviews by Tygerlilee84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This seems to be a love it or hate it product. I like the scent, but that's it. It dries out my lips. The packaging looks cute but is very bulky and gets dirty very easily. I've been trying to use it up by putting it on under lipstick. But I'm getting close to just throwing it.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/19/2014 12:46:00 PM More reviews by AdorkableNargle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to like this. I first bought Sweet Mint, and it did a really good job of moisturizing my lips and I the mintiness cooled and soothed my lips, which get dry and chapped very easily.

However, after continued use I started to get a weird rash or reaction on and around my lips. It was red and it was disgusting and crusty. So I stopped using it and went back to using Vaseline/petroleum jelly and Carmex medicated lip balms and the condition of my lips was better than it was using eos.

Then for Christmas someone gave me this tropical flavor eos and I thought that maybe that whole allergic reaction had passed, and immediately after using, my lips broke out into the crusty allergic reaction again so I was forced to throw it out.

I'm not saying that it's a terrible product, because most people (my sister included) have had good results with the brand's lip balms and their lips are perfectly fine. But be careful if you have sensitive skin as this product may aggravate it.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/19/2014 12:10:00 PM More reviews by butterfly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

love the product! smells wonderful, not too overpowering and it feels great. Hate the packaging. I leave it in my nightstand, so it's fine but would never think of putting it in my purse. way too bulky!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2014 4:14:00 PM More reviews by janef123

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I love the formula, it moisturized my lips very well, and it smells minty. The price is hard to beat, and it's just a great inexpensive lip balm. I would definitely repurchase this product and I highly recomend it, it's my favorite lip balm, and it stays on for a couple hours. My only complaint would be that once the lip balm is flat, the lip balm is still there, but it's hard to get out since there's no screw that lets you get the rest out.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/16/2014 1:34:00 PM More reviews by allymack

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I avoided these lip balms for a long time - I'm not sure why. I think I thought the container was too gimmicky. Once I got a look at the ingredients, though, I was pleasantly surprised and bought a couple in Sweet Mint and the melon flavour.
Here's my beef: I'm not sure if I'm the only one who has this experience, but I've noticed mint-flavored lip balms dry out my lips over the long term, so I would not repurchase this particular flavor. However, the melon is amazingly hydrating and I would buy it again. I'm really eager to try the vanilla (the only really neutral flavour aside from the Sweet Mint), and I'm bummed that it only appears to be available in a set rather than along with the other eos flavor drugstore mainstays.
The packaging is definitely the biggest draw for this balm. I tend to keep lip balm everywhere, and it's nice to have this cute, futuristic sphere just sitting on my desk and nightstand rather than having to deal with a tube rolling around all over the place. The shape is very pleasing and I love the feel of it in my hand.
It seems like a bit of a bummer to have to toss the container once the lip balm is used up, so at some point I googled to see if there was a way to refill the container. I did find at least one link describing how to re-fill it, which I plan to try once my balm runs out. Anyways, I thought I'd mention that here since the container does use a fair bit of plastic and it'd be a shame to waste all of that.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/9/2014 1:09:00 PM More reviews by ham409

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Everyone talks about these, and I was suckered into it too. I have tried the medicated tangerine, mint, and blueberry. The medicated tangerine is the only one that worked on my lips. Both the mint and blueberry felt "hard" on my lips and left a tacky texture that dried out my lips more. I tossed both the mint and blueberry much to my dismay, but they just made my lips worse for some reason. I think this lip balm is uber cute, and they are especially pretty when you own a bunch of different colored ones. However, they don't perform well on my lips. I think I prefer nivea and burt's bee over this.