December 17, 2014 | 1884 users online

Lip Treatments - eos - Lip Balm Sphere - Sweet Mint

rated 5 of 5 on 12/17/2014 7:40:00 PM More reviews by cutieblakcat

I loveeeee the minty feel of this lip balm! I feel like this lip balm is a lot better in terms of moisture compared to the other eos, because it doesn't make my lips feel warm, waxy or itchy. I have repurchased this many times!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/7/2014 11:03:00 PM More reviews by gothspice

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

First saw this product placed in Miley Cyrus' "We Can't Stop" video and finally succumbed to the hype. The EOS lip balm is packaged in a clever, egg shaped container. It would take up a lot of room in a travel bag, but is nice on my nightstand. The mint flavor is very refreshing. I took one lippie off as it is not super moisturizing, but that is probably due to the peppermint oil in this particular flavor. Just bought a Christmas set of three flavors - Pink Grapefruit, Strawberry Kiwi, and Orange Blossom. Highly tempted to gift them to myself.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2014 4:11:00 AM More reviews by CaveofWonders

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this lip balm a lot. I'm new to the bandwagon, and I must say this is my first eos balm, but I like it a lot. It tastes good but not overwhelming, it feels silky smooth on the lips and minty. This is my favorite lip balm i own. The packaging is cute but bulky at the same time but I don't care. I like this flavor and I'm really happy I gave this a try.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/14/2014 1:45:00 PM More reviews by keekz

i think one word can sum this product up.... "MEH."
This lip balm has too much hype for no reason, all becasue of the cute packaging? Please, give me something useful. It does no better job to moisturize my lips than most other mediocre lip balms, or even Vaseline for that matter.

If you have severly chapped lips, or want something to really keep your lips hydrated, I use Jack Black Mint from Sephora and I love it. Give that a try instead.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/14/2014 8:26:00 AM More reviews by aenflex

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

A good, basic lip balm. I don't have chapped, cracked lips, I just use this for basic moisturization and it works well. I think if my lips were bad, I'd use Waxelene or something else that's thicker and more occlusive.

The only cons are the packaging, which while novel is inconvenient, and the flavoring. I don't like flavoring in products that aren't food.

I haven't had any reactions to this balm.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2014 8:43:00 AM More reviews by lollsazz

UPDATE 08 Nov. 2014:

I later found out that what I had on my lips is called chelatis - if you dare google-ing it, you can read about how horrible it feels and looks - it feels like you have kissed a hot iron, and looks/feels like your lips are dry, because they begin to peel. Apparently, I'm not the only person experiencing this either with this balm. Since that time, I have had to be even more careful with lip products - almost anything sets it off. Why did I get this? Weeeell... because of this lip balm! You can read an abstract from a scientific article about peppermint oils in lip balms here, but they also mention coconut oil and propolis (a beeswax-related product, that is the first ingredient in this balm, but beeswax is totally OK for me):

Also: HOW do I know that it's the peppermint oil in this that made me allergic? Because I now also get rashes around my mouth from tooth paste with peppermint! Great, right? There are NO other products that I own that contain peppermint oil. I suggest tossing this before you too get problems, ESPECIALLY if you have sensitive skin, like me, because your lips are then more likely to be sensitive too.

END OF UPDATE

UPDATE: 13 Des. 2012: lowering to 1 lippie: did definitely not moisturize enough and I actually got allergic to this over time. Yes, I'm sure that it's THIS - I tried it out 3 times and the allergy appeared within about 15 minutes (and lasts about a week to go away).
UPDATE 27. Nov. 2012:
I don't think I will repurchase this. It doesn't moisturize my lips very will and doesn't protect them at all. I could use only in the summer, I guess. It also seems this dries my lips out a little over time, and I'm still not a fan of the very hard consistency.
END OF UPDATE
I bought this because, in a magazine, they gave this 6/6 stars, while my absolute favourite lip balm only got 4/6. I thought: the one I'm using is so amazing, that this can't possibly beat it?! The main thing they said that I couldn't understand is that this was more moisturizing than my Cliniderm lip balm, which I will now refer to as C. Understand me right: I used to get THE WORST dry lips in the winter.ĘThey were so bad that pieces of my skin hung down, they cracked everywhere, were dry, bleeding and NOTHING could fix it before I got my C. balm, which fixed my lips in 2-4 days (at max) by applying each time after it had worn off. How could ANYTHING be better than this medical balm? And the magazine said EOS was BETTER at curing chapped lips and C. wasn't moisturizing enough... well, this needed to be tested out!
So, I bought this. I already had a painful dry spot on my lips. The first thing I noticed is that: if you already have dry chapped lips, this won't be very comfortable to apply because it's so solid. The second thing: this made my lips a tiny bit paler and less shiny. The minty smell is nice - better than the slightly medical vanilla smell of my C. It moisturized... not that well. The minty taste was nice in that it wasn't making me lick it from my lips.
My verdict is: this is an OK balm, but there are better things out there if you have REALLY dry lips. it feels like it sits a bit on top of the lips and doesn't really sink in that well. It's so frigging annoying seeing sponsored reviews in magazines that makes the really good products seem less attractive!

This is boyfriend friendly in that it has a nice smell and taste and isn't sticky at all. The packaging looks cute, but isn't very practical at all unless you have big pockets or carry your balm around in for example your purse. This doesn't leave you with that nasty white stripe on your lips. It's eco-friendly, they say. You can buy it if you want.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2014 7:51:00 PM More reviews by sarahi15

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

my lips are soft and happy! ☺️

rated 2 of 5 on 11/2/2014 10:00:00 AM More reviews by babylima

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

pro: cute color and packaging. does an ok job. not shiny at all so i could see guys using this.
con: not moisturizing enough for extremely dry lips like mine. also the mintiness is quite weak.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/22/2014 11:56:00 PM More reviews by mustachemamegoma

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really enjoy this lip balm!

it has a sweet minty scent and leaves a nice cooling feel on the lips.

this is a perfect winter lip balm!

If you're new to EOS lip balms, please note that at first the lip balm
may be waxy and not to moisturising, however, as you pas the first
layer of the balm, you will start feeling lots more moisture. Trust me!

i absolutely love the packaging!

Love this lip balm, TOTALLY recommend! :)

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2014 9:08:00 PM More reviews by Melaniedimitrovski

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love love love this product I put it on 4 times daily and my lips are softer than my skin it is amazing how this product works the only thing I don't really line is the price it is 4.50 at Coles and much more expensive at other places but it lasts me about 2 months but than again I use it 4 times a day