September 17, 2014 | 1706 users online

Lip Treatments - eos - Lip Balm Sphere - Sweet Mint

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/26/2014 10:23:00 PM More reviews by gandiko

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my second eos balm and I quite like it. It really is sweet mint as advertised, which I'm glad about because I hate the sharp toothpastey taste other mint balms have. It also has a slightly cooling/tingly effect when applied, and the smell is pleasant and subtle. Like my other eos balm, this does not leave an unpleasant coating on my lips, it hydrates them pretty decently, it doesn't give me a gross bitter coating/feeling at the back of my throat, and it doesn't migrate all over my face once applied.
I'd repurchase this, but my spheres last forever so that might be a while.

Tip for those struggling with the consistency of the product: Yes, the product IS waxy at first because the oils this is made out of are actually wax at room temperature. But if you hold the balm to your lips to warm it up, it glides on beautifully and stays on your lips, and you don't get that naggy feeling of having to reapply every 4 seconds. :)
It's worth being patient with this, the ingredients are nice, especially with the lack of preservatives. Try it!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/19/2014 2:52:00 PM More reviews by mandagangsta20

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Ugh......I have a constant battle with myself trying to figure out if I like this product or not! Its just an average lip balm to me. The flavour is great and I guess it moisturizes. I find it has a waxy feel to it and it feels so uncomfortable on my dry lips, I have to take it off before I go crazy!! I like my C. O. Bigelow lip balm better! Maybe if I ran out of all my lip balms and I was very, VERY desperate, I would get one.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/17/2014 10:36:00 PM More reviews by Livalittle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The sweet mint tastes so good and it leaves a nice tingle on your lips. I have a love hate relationship with the packaging though:

Love:
-It's my favourite colour
-It's super cute and It's easy to open

Hate:
-It may just be mine but it scrapes my lip balm even when im careful
- To bulky to travel with

Overall I love this particular eos balms have to try the other ones. I will warn you that you have to use the product for a bit cause it had this weird wax film on top.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2014 9:31:00 AM More reviews by ihearteos

Sweet Mint in the Eos line is special in the sense that when you apply it onto your lips, it gives a tingly winter-mint sensation, which I personally find very pleasant. The smell is so yummy, like Orbit gum or mint extract. It moisturizes really well and gives my lips a glossy and smooth feel, so I only have to reapply this 4-5 times a day. It is so cute to carry around, I love it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2014 2:40:00 AM More reviews by swtxos

I have only tried Summer Fruit and Sweet Mint, but I prefer Sweet Mint. Summer Fruit seems to dry my lips out as it begins to wear off throughout the day, and I thought that was characteristic of all eos balms so I wasn't going to buy another, until one day I couldn't resist how cute the mint green packaging looked at the drugstore and caved in. Boy am I glad I did because the Sweet Mint not only smells and tastes good (shhh), it feels slightly tingly and fresh on the lips. It is a great balm, and I will repurchase when finished.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2014 2:51:00 AM More reviews by NikitaRose

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

Very cute packaging, it makes it easy to apply the product. But the balm itself is very average, sometimes it almost feels like it dries out my lips. I usually have to reapply less than half and hour after I put it on. Will repurchase but in another scent, hoping that one would work better.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2014 7:18:00 PM More reviews by jercast

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I love this lip balm. It is so cute and it moisturizes my lips very well. I always had trouble with lip balms in the past because for some reason I would get a whitish build up on my lip and they would look chapped and I could kind of peel the skin off my lips (which was gross). After I started using these I haven't had that problem!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/25/2014 5:58:00 AM More reviews by HannahM0706

I love this lip balm it makes my lips super soft and smooth. The packaging is a love hate thing; it's great for leaving it on your nightstand or if you have a huge purse because it's easier to find and harder to lose but on the negative side forget about ever putting it in your pocket and if you have a small purse like me it's not worth taking up the space.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2014 4:51:00 PM More reviews by Tygerlilee84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This seems to be a love it or hate it product. I like the scent, but that's it. It dries out my lips. The packaging looks cute but is very bulky and gets dirty very easily. I've been trying to use it up by putting it on under lipstick. But I'm getting close to just throwing it.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/19/2014 12:46:00 PM More reviews by AdorkableNargle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to like this. I first bought Sweet Mint, and it did a really good job of moisturizing my lips and I the mintiness cooled and soothed my lips, which get dry and chapped very easily.

However, after continued use I started to get a weird rash or reaction on and around my lips. It was red and it was disgusting and crusty. So I stopped using it and went back to using Vaseline/petroleum jelly and Carmex medicated lip balms and the condition of my lips was better than it was using eos.

Then for Christmas someone gave me this tropical flavor eos and I thought that maybe that whole allergic reaction had passed, and immediately after using, my lips broke out into the crusty allergic reaction again so I was forced to throw it out.

I'm not saying that it's a terrible product, because most people (my sister included) have had good results with the brand's lip balms and their lips are perfectly fine. But be careful if you have sensitive skin as this product may aggravate it.