December 21, 2014 | 1789 users online

Treatments (Face) - Garnier - Skin Renew Awakening Face Massager

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2014 7:09:00 PM More reviews by mmarrs

This is ok. I use it during the day as a light moisturizer before sunscreen. The smell reminds me of beer and a green spring scent to it. One time I did have a bit of a reaction to it but my skin has recovered and now can use it everyday 1 or 2 times a day. For the price I would buy again * I bought some for my husband to use he did not care for it and said it did nothing for him. I get a little better results than he does.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/16/2013 11:47:00 AM More reviews by tori497

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

For being around as long as it has, I am surprised there aren't more reviews. I have used this for years, and though I do not use everyday, it works well every time.

I use this in the summer more than the winter and usually at night before I go to bed. It is very lightweight and sinks right into my skin (and I don't wake up to a greasy pillow case or skin). A light roll of this stuff with a little eye product and I'm set. I will agree with other reviewers that this stuff can be kind of a mess to use. I have found when it is halfway gone and under it works the best. My trick for not ending up with way too much dispensing is to tip upside WITH THE LID ON briefly before using.

Once you use this a few times, you can tell from looking at the roller ball if there's too much on there. I also try to hold this as vertically as possible with the roller ball toward the ceiling when actually applying in upward strokes. I know it sounds weird but if you go above perpendicular to your face, you will end up with it everywhere. I bought this over a year ago and have yet to use the whole thing (granted, I use about once every other day and SPARINGLY).

It also works great as a primer under foundation etc. when applied with a light hand. The smell is okay; it doesn't linger. There is a sliiight tint and iridescence to this but it blends right into your skin. If anything, I look a little more "dewy" right after application. The packaging could be better and the price lower but it does everything I want it to so I will repurchase when I run out.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/24/2011 1:54:00 PM More reviews by thekyayu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

My mom had purchased this for me a while back and I had used it for a while then set it aside. I took it out last night again and I don't even know why I had set it aside in the first place. It makes my skin super soft! I use this at night before I go to bed and when I wake up my skin feels amazing! The only downside to it is that when you glide the product on a lot of it comes out and you need to use your fingers to massage it into your skin which doesn't really bother me. I've never had breakouts because of this, maybe because I have super dry skin? I also find that my eye concealer doesn't cake at all now when I use this around my eyes which is great because, like I said, I have really dry skin and when I put on concealer it's usually cakey. I will definitely repurchase for sure!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/5/2010 11:28:00 PM More reviews by Catdancerlady

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I also had a massive attack of cystic acne after one day of using this product!! I really wanted to love this product and didn't buy it till I found it on clearance, now I know why. I liked the lite feel of the product, the convenience, the cooling sensation putting it on and the ingredient list, but I won't take the chance of using it again. Total waste of money, and very painful experience, I had at least 10 pimples on each temple, and it has taken almost 2 months and a lot of treatment for them to all clear up. Stay away if you have acne prone skin that you have in good shape, because it won't be after you use this!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2010 1:27:00 PM More reviews by hags101

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I was so excited to try this since I really like the Skin Renew sunscreen Spf 28. Unfortunately, this lotion made me break out. I used it in the evening after washing and toning. This morning I woke up with 5 cystic acne pimples, one whitehead, and 3 regular pimples. One cystic above my upper lip (unusual place for me) and 4 across my chin. I have not had a spout of cystic acne and regular acne since I tried OCM. I am so very disappointed, and now I have to deal with these cystic pimples (Mario Badescu Buffering lotion and Drying lotion combo). I also find the roller useless (too much product can come out) and unsanitary. I gave it 2 stars because it sinks in and does not make me greasy.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2010 11:20:00 AM More reviews by tracyveronika

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I got this since the Skin Renew serum is now discontinued--this is a good product! I have combination skin, so I need moisture without much oil and I also need something lighter so I don't get too greasy as the day wears on. It's a good base/primer.

It's light, applies easily (I use the roller a little bit, but use my fingers to blend) and not greasy at all. The only thing it's lacking is SPF--which I like to have in my products. All in all, I really like this.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/2/2009 11:57:00 PM More reviews by flixbix

A fun to use light moisturizer that's great as a primer. Feels good on. Just not sure if it does all that it claims (energizes, brightens and diminishes fine lines).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2009 6:44:00 PM More reviews by misspris26

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is really a face serum packaged in a roller (that is where the massage part comes in, supposedly you "massage" the face as you roll this on in little circles, however you will have TONS of product on your face if you do it this way). I think the roller is fun and convenient though, just don't over do it. Anyway, this has that ingredient that Olay products do - niacinamide (sp?) and also fruit extracts, caffeine, glycerin. What I like is that it absorbs right into your skin and then feels like nothing is on your face. I like the clean face feel, personally. It smells beautiful, like fresh lemons. I use this at night and before my moisturizer/SPF in the morning. Love love love it.

**By the way, keep it in the fridge and apply in under your eyes, fabulous!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No