CVS Eye Make-up Remover (similar to Neutrogena)

3.5

on 7/2/2015 11:14:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I picked this up in CVS, simply because the price for the Neutrogena was almost $10.00 and this was only $6.50 for twice the amount of product. Now, the first thing I did was flip both bottles over and read the ingredient list to make sure they were exact same formula, which they are. The ingredient list runs in exactly the same order on both bottles. A friend clued me in a long time ago about comparing ingredient lists. If it states on the bottle it's "similar" to the brand name, the ingredient list has to be the same.

So I purchased it and took it home. I fine absolutely no difference in this and the Neutrogena formula. Works every bit as good. Having worked as a cosmetics SA for 12 years, I do have a hint to share. LET THE PRODUCT WORK. Soak your cotton pad and then apply to your eyelids and let it sit for at least 20 - 30 seconds to break down the eye makeup. If you just start swiping, it's not going to do you any good and just create a mess. This goes for expensive or inexpensive removers. When I was trained by various high end cosmetics companies, we were always told to do this.

Also, if you have a CVS card and get the extra bucks, you can get this at a good discount. Join the Beauty Club and you get $5 extra bucks for every $50 you spend. I just picked up a second bottle for .50 cents (I am in NO WAY affiliated with CVS).

Twice the product at the same price. Yep, definitely repurchasing!

on 6/17/2015 9:55:00 PM

Love this stuff. People need to quit being babies because this stuff will literally take off anything. My eyelids got extremely weirdly dry and flakey this winter (have been using this stuff for years) no idea why I'm sure this was partly this product but I now know it wasn't the real culprit.

I switched to a few different ones, mainly the new Simple makeup remover which is complete crap. I am a stickler about finishing a product even if I don't like it but I couldn't stand it anymore with the Simple so I went out and repurchased this.

First time back using it, it was completely night and day. Two swipes on each and eye and you are good to go, no having to wash any residue off after. I definitely would not consider this to leave an oily residue. I wouldn't recommend reapplying a smokey eye directly after this but after a few minutes you are dry.

Do yourself a favor and just go out and buy this stuff, when you need to take your makeup off, drunk at 2 am, there is no time for crappy remover or even the health consciously grease ball of coconut oil.

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

LOVE This. Much better than the Mary Kay or Lancome eye makeup remover. Cheap, effective, and gentle!

on 2/11/2015 4:21:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

This is pretty similar to L'oreal makeup remover, not Neutrogena. I am very picky about eye make up remover and this one seems to work for me (Neutrogena oil-free is too oily even if they claim it's oil free - seriously, you can see a film in the liquid)...If you like the L'oreal one, you will most likely like this one too :)

on 8/19/2013 10:23:00 PM

This is the worst eye makeup remover ever made. It totally dried out the skin on my eyelids and made it sting. I have never had an eye makeup remover do that before. It will take lots of eye cream to recover. I only used it about 1 week before I noticed it getting worse and worse. I will never use this again and do not recommend. It has alcohol in it so I think that is what caused it. What company would be alcohol in a product for sensitive skin around the eyes? I checked Neutrogena and their ingredients are the same so that one is just as bad. Just horrible.

on 4/28/2013 12:43:00 AM

This review is for the eye makeup remover pads. I think they work better than Neutrogena. They seem to have more makeup remover on them, and it took my waterproof eyeliner and mascara right off. I also love the scent.

on 3/5/2013 5:44:00 AM

So far liking it and its economical. No irritation. Though the oil free is misleading. Its more like a non mineral makeup remover that soothes and leaves a light moisture film-which is gone by the morning. I would only use this at night, but its not much good for say, fixing makeup boo boos which I was also looking for. Still would consider repurchasing. I go this for 5.99 US dollars. I usually just use Vaseline (being the cheap skate I am now) for taking off mascara or heavy eye makeup so this is a nicer alternative.

PS Targets Up and Up (?) brand is good for fixing makeup and is totally oil free tho may have *some* slight irritation if you rub it in to clean mascara off.

on 11/7/2012 11:23:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

This stuff is great. I agree, like Neutrogena knock off. I saw some reviews on here that were talking about the L'Oreal version. That's not what this one is. This is different. The L'oreal Knock off is like L'Oreal original, crap. This one is good. I've also bought the Harmon's version of this. Same thing. The Neutrogena formula and it's knock offs are good.

on 9/21/2012 4:56:00 AM

This eye makeup remover is somewhat potent and will get the job done. I usually have to spend some time in between my eye lashes to get all the makeup off. I guess I wish it were a bit stronger so I did not have to do that. It also leaves my skin feeling greasy after I use it. This is fine if I need to wash my face off anyway, it will come off with cleanser, but not if I am just touching up a makeup mishap. It also seems to greatly irritate my eyes, especially in the morning, and I do not have sensitive eyes.

Video Reviews & Tutorials

CVS Makeup Remover VS. Clinique Take the Day Off Makeup Remover by BeautynLifewSue