April 18, 2014 | 1993 users online

Eyeliner - Sephora - Glitter Eyeliner in Gold

rated 4 of 5 on 3/19/2013 1:04:00 PM More reviews by thepinkviper

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My friend got me this as a gift, and I usually don't buy makeup before at least glancing at the reviews on Makeupalley, so naturally, I looked it up before I put it on my face. After reading about all of this terrible stinging, I prepared for the worst (almost didn't try it). I have super sensitive skin/eyes and there are a *lot* of brands I cannot wear and I also have contacts! So I figured it would be a nightmare.

End result? It does NOT burn. I was truly shocked as I waited for the stinging to come on, but it never did. It has a nice, thick amount of pigmented gold that shines really well when applied as eyeliner. It makes my eyes *very* glittery. I would say that it's rather ineffective as mascara, because I can see it. But the gold glitter is great for a fun day/night out.

I give it four stars because it's pretty useless as a mascara, so the weird wand isn't necessary. But no stinging at all, and at the cheap price of $12, I might buy this in other colors.

UPDATE: I went to Sephora and specifically told them about the bad reviews online and how I was shocked that it didn't bother me considering my SUPER sensitive eyes. The MUA claimed that Sephora heard the complaints and changed the formula. I can't confirm this, but it makes sense because I have very sensitive eyes! I even picked up two more colors and neither one bothers me. I got the pink and "multi-colored one." The MUA told me that they are all lovely except for the black one because you can barely see it.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2013 12:34:00 PM More reviews by dcabc

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Seriously, IT BUUURNS!!!!! I got the silver version on sale and as soon as I swiped it on, it felt like my eyelid was on FIRE. I could not get it off fast enough (I didn't wait to see if the burn went away when it dried - it was too painful!). Never had this experience with any other eye makeup before.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2012 11:04:00 PM More reviews by nlt87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a beautiful true told color which is exactly what I was looking for except that it stings like a mother. I didn't expect for it to sting my eyelids when I put it on but boy did it sting and for $12 I wouldn't expect that. It does adhere to shadow and or liner very well and it is very vibrant but I can't give it any more then 2 lippies because of the stinging. I wouldn't repurchase this color again. I also purchased it in the teal and it is fine it doesn't sting or anything so maybe there was something in the dye that they used. If your looking for a gold glitter liner I'd go with urban decay r nyx.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2012 10:14:00 PM More reviews by aznmnkygrl808

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I Picked this up from sephora for my new years makeup. Looks pretty in the tube: typical gold/bronze color that comes in liquid eyeliner tube. I seriously wished I read all these MUA reviews before purchasing it because holy crap... This product does sting. I did a smoky bronze/gold eye and I applied this glitter on the center of my lids. It does burn!!!!!!!!! It goes away once the liquid glitter
Sets and dries. After removing my makeup, the glitter did not affect my eyes or the area where I applied the glitter. Such a waste. I should've busted out my phone and done a MUA review in sephora hahaha. Def would not repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2011 4:27:00 PM More reviews by sarahann1994

I HATE this so much. I have never had a product that irritated my eyes like this did. It felt like my eyes were on fire and I immediately had to wash this off. When I washed this off, the glitter got in my eye and made it burn even worse. I hate this and I will never repurchase this. I didn't even like the way it looked on me, it looked trashy and way too much glitter. I hate this soooooo much and NEVER EVER buy this product.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/8/2011 4:11:00 PM More reviews by angiefacee

Packaging is nice, color is nice, price is too high, product= HORRIBLE! After reading these reviews about the stinging, I didn't really think it was possible. Then I put this on my lower lash line and right away it started to sting. Bad bad bad. Am going to return asap.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/31/2011 7:02:00 PM More reviews by Paramore

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Let me start off by saying that I do not, by any stretch of imagination, have sensitive eyelids. Over my 4 or so years of wearing makeup, my eyes have endured a lot; all sorts of different primers and natural oils and creams and masks, and not once has any product ever made my eyes sting and water like this eyeliner has. I've worn a lot of glitter eyeliners in my lifetime - I'm still young, so I'm going to experiment with as much as I can before I actually need to look "presentable" for job interviews and the like - and none of them have made me cry just by swiping it on the lower lash line. This liner is gorgeous, sparkly and really, really nice when dried, but this stung so badly when I first put it on that I actually did cry. It has great staying power, but in this case I will not choose beauty over pain. I can find better gold glitter liners that don't make me want to rip my eyes out in agony.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/28/2010 2:06:00 PM More reviews by tiffabee

I got this as a sample with one of my Sephora purchases, and I'm glad I didn't spend money on it. It burns and stings my eyes the moment I put it on! I see that a lot of other people had this problem too. It's a really pretty gold with nice shimmer to it but I cannot stand the burning sensation especially near my eyes.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/7/2010 2:04:00 PM More reviews by Sirenas

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product burn my eyelid. I'm traveling out of the states for the holidays and bought this eyeliner for the christmas parties, however I decided to try it and I'm glad I did because this product is going back tomorrow. Gorgeous color, applies well and even, however started feeling a little burning sensation on my eyelids where I applied the product. I left it for a few seconds but the burning got stronger. I actually had to wash it off after the minute. I read the reviews below and another reviewer had the same problem. So I would suggest to be aware of this. Maybe I have sensitive eyelids but I've never had a problem before with any eyeliners whether drugstore or highend.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/24/2010 11:29:00 PM More reviews by rainbowrivulets

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I got a sample of this, and it came in a shallow dime-sized well. So I had to take my own angled eyeliner brush to use this, and it worked better than i expected it to, so I looked this product up and noticed it came with a flimsy thin applicator... So I guess it's best to use your own brush.

ANYWAY using my own brush:
it gives a super opaque line... definitely fun!

however, it does sting a bit.

I've also tried UD's heavy metal liner and it's the same way.