September 23, 2014 | 2038 users online

Sunscreen - Eucerin - Sun Fluid Mattifying SPF 50+

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2014 5:02:00 PM More reviews by Alexandra123Y

Doesn't mattify at all. It is even greasier than other facial sun screens which do not claim to be mattifying. The product feels uncomfortable on the skin, very oily.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2014 2:48:00 AM More reviews by Paulaschoicefan

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

One of the best sunscreens I've tried. I sometimes don't want to wear makeup but want to protect my skin. I had a spell of just wearing this and my partner asked what make up I was wearing it was that good!! Reasonable price and goes on easy, a keeper!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/15/2014 7:46:00 AM More reviews by redyellowbirds

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a decent product - it leaves my face fairly matte and isn't whitening.

After a few hours, my face does look oily, but I find that a little MAC Pressed Blot Powder does the trick.

Does anyone know the PPD on this?

Costs 12 EUR pharmacies in Germany as of May 2014.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2014 8:38:00 AM More reviews by Concord

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I can't believe I haven't reviewed this yet! It's definitely my favourite face sunscreen. The term mattifying is a bit of a stretch, but once it sets it's not shiny at, especially compared to most sunscreens I have tried. It's a very runny yellow fluid that feels like a regular moisturizer to me. It has an antioxidant (some type of chinese licorice) which gived it it's yellow colour, so there's no actual colour added.
Most sunscreens cause some degree of irritation for me, but this really doesn't. It's very easy to use rhe required amount without feeling you have a load of lipgloss on your face. It's just brilliant and I highly recommend it.
My guess is that it's about PPD 20, since the European standard is to have a PPD of 1/3 of the SPF and before the rule of having SPF 50+ this used to be SPF 60.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2013 7:24:00 AM More reviews by mybfsaysno

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I gave 5 points to all aspects as this sunscreen deserves it.

The price is cheaper than my HG sunscreen La Roche-Posay Anthelios XL SPF 50+ Extreme Fluid (I'd rate this a 4 in general and 4 in Pricing). It is much, very much cheaper than the Sisley Super Ecran Solaire Visage SPF 50+ that I'm using right now (why I bought it? Long story.) So, I'm happy with the price (it's 1,200 baht or about USD38.70 here in Thailand). This sunscreen is 50ml so it's really good value to me.

The packaging is cute and I don't mind packaging that much in general as long as prints don't dissolve to my hands when they're oily.

Wear: I hope I don't gross you guys out but some days I work at home and I don't need to take a shower in the morning (just get up, go to the computer room and start with work). One time I had to go get some groceries at a local 7/11, I just decided to drive off without taking a shower but I applied this sunscreen on my face before I went out as I am always careful before I go under the sun. I noticed my face was very oily before I applied this sunscreen (I guess it's because I didn't wash my face) but what's surprising to me is that I touched my face when I was getting stuff at 7/11, I could feel that there's no greasy feeling on my face. It felt like my face stopped producing oil completely. It was a great surprise. So, this sunscreen isn't greasy on my face unlike the La Roche-Posay (I still love it very much though) and the Sisley one (I won't repurchase this one).

So, I'd definitely repurchase the Eucerin Sun Fluid Mattiying SPF 50+ as I am very happy using it and it works very well on my face. I'm a happy customer!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/7/2013 3:48:00 PM More reviews by franzvonstuck

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I stumbled upon this product as I got a sample in the pharmacy. I need to wear sunscreen every day as I have a melasma and am prone to pigment spots, but a good sunscreen is hard to find.
My skin is basically combo with a dehydrated oily t-zone and oily to normal cheeks. I also have seborrheic dermatitis, which is why I have to be careful, what kind of products I put on my skin. The wrong product causes my dermatitis to flare.
The Eucerin sun fluid comes in a small bottle white bottle with an orange cap.
If you´re familiar with water based foundations: The texture is very much like the texture of water based foundations alas you have to give the bottle a good shake before you open the bottle.
The consistency is runny, liquid and slightly yellow coloured, but colourless when applied on my face. It has no obvious or unpleasant smell and literally melts into the skin when you apply it.
I usually cleanse and moisturize my face, then shake the bottle and apply a decent amout of the fluid. Please, use enough of the sun fluid and don´t try to use only a tiny amount.
I work fast to spread it as it is so runny and melts into the skin. When I´m done, it´s invisible and leaves a velvety smooth finish on my skin and no white cast. I follow with MAC face and body fondation, which is again water based and it works brilliantly under my foundation, because the textures are very alike.
On weekends, I wear no make up and still, the sun fluid is invisible on my skin while giving me a velvety smooth finish. My skin looks surprisingly good without make up when I wear this sunscreen. It acts like a "photoshopping " sunscreen for my skin.
My face gets oily in the t-zone throughout the day, either with or without this sunscreen. Many people vote this down because it´s not mattifying and I think it´s not very good from Eucerin to claim this as mattifying. The claim just distracts from the fact that this is a very good and cosmetically elegant sunscreen which performs very well under foundation.
My skin is very sensitive and during a flare of my dermatitis, wearing suncreen can be problematic. But my skin likes this sunscreen very much, meaning it doesn´t upset or irritate my skin or makes me break out.
I wear it every day and have to say I like it very much. My former sunscreen was Kiehls daily uv defense, which is much more expensive. But I will switch to this as it is cheaper, better for my sensitive skin and has a good finish on my skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/20/2013 6:03:00 PM More reviews by AnetteKelly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

It's runny. Yellow/white color. It feels smooth and comfortable when I put it on, and it does't irritate my skin and I have sensitive skin.

When I apply a thin layer, I get a matte result, and it works as a primer; makes my pores look smaller. When I put on a really thick layer, my face looks a bit pale, and like as if I have just put on moisturizer. Not so matte. But still not oily looking. Other SPF 50 creams, such as Biz, looks all white and really oily.

I had oily skin when I was younger, and I don't think this product would have done the job of making my skin look matte back then.

I would say this product is not mattfying. It's just NOT oily or cakey as ordinary SPF 50 lotions are. It makes my skin look natural, it makes it look the way it does when I have no makeup or creams on.

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/19/2013 12:14:00 PM More reviews by vuvie

I've decided to try this after my HG sunscreen (physiogel AI sunscreen) stopped selling in Singapore.

Didn't sting, didn't break out on my eczema skin. No eczema flareup. Ok good.

Not mattifying as it claims but I can handle that with foundation powder.

Composition:
Aqua, Cyclomethicone, Octocrylene, Butylene Glycol, Dicaprylate Dicaprate, Glycerin, Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane, Methylpropanediol, Bis-Ethylhexyloxyphenol Methoxyphenyl Triazine, Homosalate, Butyrospermum Parkii Butter, Polyamide-5, Lauroyl Lysine, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Titanium Dioxide, Alcohol Denat., Ethylhexyl Salicylate, Phenylbenzimidazole Sulfonic Acid, Glycyrrhiza Inflata Root Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, VP/Hexadecene Copolymer, Trimethoxycaprylylsilane, Trisodium EDTA, BHT, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylparaben, Methylparaben.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2012 2:52:00 PM More reviews by ButterFlo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

For once I am actually happy I DIDN'T read the reviews before buying. This actually works fantastic for my skin! I was recommended this product by a pharmacist who said it would sink into the skin well and leave a matte effect. I use this as a daytime moisturiser and it's lovely. My skin does become dewy throughout the day, but I don't get super greasy. Just perfect! Definitely HG material.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/26/2012 11:21:00 AM More reviews by shira81

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

I think it's the most mattifying of all the sunscreens I've tried, I've had everything from Vichy - Clarins. So yeah I'm pleasantly surprised, that said we haven't had any real sunny/hot days yet, so it's up to proof to see how it works when I sweat.