Eucerin Sun Fluid Mattifying SPF 50+

3.2

aqua, cyclomethicone, octocrylene, butylene glycol dicaprylate/dicaprate, glycerin, butyl methoxydibenzoylmethane, methylpropanediol, bis-ethylhexyloxyphenol methoxyphenyl triazine, homosalate, butyrospermum parkii butter, polyamide-5, lauroyl lysine, polymethylsilsesquioxane, titanium dioxide, alcohol denat., ethylhexyl salicylate, phenylbenzimidazole sulfonic acid, glycyrrhiza inflata root extract, tocopheryl acetate, sodium hyaluronate, cetyl peg/ppg-10/1 dimethicone, vp/hexadecene copolymer, trimethoxycaprylylsilane, trisodium edta, bht, phenoxyethanol, ethylparaben, methylparaben

It's not greasy, doesn't cause breakouts and it's cheap. What's not to like.

With Sunscreens I have a love/hate relationship and often ends with regrets for the money i spend and the irritations i got in return.
I am prone to ocular allergy and very allergic at many SS ingredients like Octocrylene,Homosalate and this product have them both.
The one i use have other ingredients list like the one posted already,on my sunscreen first ingredient is Aqua and then Octocrylene,Glycerin,Alcohol Denat,Titanium Dioxide(nano) another few and then Homosalate.
This sunscreen gave me red spots on my cheeks also after few hours horrible eye redness(for few days),very painful and itching.
This sunscreen is definitely not for me!
And i have drier skin and this is not moisturising enough also the finish is not matt.I still need a moisturiser before and my face still looks ``wet`` after this sunscreen.The product feels uncomfortable on the skin very thick and greasy.
Another BAD Suncreen on my list ..and it is still summer and the hunt goes on :)

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I've known better sunscreens, but I have also known worse. A lot have commented that this is not mattifying as it is supposed to. I have tried many brands of sunscreen, and I can say that this one provides a LESS 'greasy'/'shiny' finish, compared to many others. So, it is mattifying, but only in relative terms. It does leave a white film on your face, and though you can correct this with makeup, it is still not up to par with others (think Neutrogena's line of sunscreens). I like though that it comes in a handy pocket-sized packaging, which I can throw in my handbag.

Overall, ok but far from the best. It definitely lags behind stronger competitors.

wait what? mattifying?

this is anything but mattifying. just a thin film on your face and you will look like a grease ball.

i have skin so dry that it peels as i am on oral retinoids. my dermatologist give me a sample of this sunscreen and told me that this sunscreen is oily thus it is suitable for skin as dry as mine.
nevertheless, i still look so oily and shiny after applying and blotting with powder is a must after that. it also doesn't seem to absorb into the skin and sits on it.

luckily what i have are just samples.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I had high expectations of Eucerin. HAD.

After they took my favourite sensitive skin cleanser off the market in South Africa a few years ago and replaced it with something containing caustic soda (that made me break out into hives, I might add), I was pretty narked with them, and it took me a while to forgive their indiscretions and try another of their products again. This time, I tried the Mattifying Sun Fluid 50+. Bad idea.

The product is a thin, milky liquid that looks promisingly light before it goes on. It has a typical 'medicinal' Eucerin scent - not particularly pleasant, but bearable. However, once you put it on, it all goes downhill very quickly. It's incredibly greasy and slick - and while it makes your skin feel relatively soft, for people like myself with a constant oil-slick, this is a no-go. Anyway, after a few days of trying this I began to notice signs of acne and blackheads reappearing on my PREVIOUSLY SPOTLESS SKIN (a matter that I'm very sensitive about, as I struggled for many years with the most terrible cystic acne). And it's only gotten worse.

This pales in comparison to Vichy's Capital Soleil Mattifying face fluid. I don't care how much Eucerin says that this product is "perfect for oily, acne-prone and sensitive skin" - it's not. However, if you have drier skin, this might suit you better. For my oily/acne-prone sisters, STAY AWAY!!

Doesn't mattify at all. It is even greasier than other facial sun screens which do not claim to be mattifying. The product feels uncomfortable on the skin, very oily.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

One of the best sunscreens I've tried. I sometimes don't want to wear makeup but want to protect my skin. I had a spell of just wearing this and my partner asked what make up I was wearing it was that good!! Reasonable price and goes on easy, a keeper!

This is a decent product - it leaves my face fairly matte and isn't whitening.

After a few hours, my face does look oily, but I find that a little MAC Pressed Blot Powder does the trick.

Does anyone know the PPD on this?

Costs 12 EUR pharmacies in Germany as of May 2014.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I can't believe I haven't reviewed this yet! It's definitely my favourite face sunscreen. The term mattifying is a bit of a stretch, but once it sets it's not shiny at, especially compared to most sunscreens I have tried. It's a very runny yellow fluid that feels like a regular moisturizer to me. It has an antioxidant (some type of chinese licorice) which gived it it's yellow colour, so there's no actual colour added.
Most sunscreens cause some degree of irritation for me, but this really doesn't. It's very easy to use rhe required amount without feeling you have a load of lipgloss on your face. It's just brilliant and I highly recommend it.
My guess is that it's about PPD 20, since the European standard is to have a PPD of 1/3 of the SPF and before the rule of having SPF 50+ this used to be SPF 60.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

I gave 5 points to all aspects as this sunscreen deserves it.

The price is cheaper than my HG sunscreen La Roche-Posay Anthelios XL SPF 50+ Extreme Fluid (I'd rate this a 4 in general and 4 in Pricing). It is much, very much cheaper than the Sisley Super Ecran Solaire Visage SPF 50+ that I'm using right now (why I bought it? Long story.) So, I'm happy with the price (it's 1,200 baht or about USD38.70 here in Thailand). This sunscreen is 50ml so it's really good value to me.

The packaging is cute and I don't mind packaging that much in general as long as prints don't dissolve to my hands when they're oily.

Wear: I hope I don't gross you guys out but some days I work at home and I don't need to take a shower in the morning (just get up, go to the computer room and start with work). One time I had to go get some groceries at a local 7/11, I just decided to drive off without taking a shower but I applied this sunscreen on my face before I went out as I am always careful before I go under the sun. I noticed my face was very oily before I applied this sunscreen (I guess it's because I didn't wash my face) but what's surprising to me is that I touched my face when I was getting stuff at 7/11, I could feel that there's no greasy feeling on my face. It felt like my face stopped producing oil completely. It was a great surprise. So, this sunscreen isn't greasy on my face unlike the La Roche-Posay (I still love it very much though) and the Sisley one (I won't repurchase this one).

So, I'd definitely repurchase the Eucerin Sun Fluid Mattiying SPF 50+ as I am very happy using it and it works very well on my face. I'm a happy customer!