August 21, 2014 | 1193 users online

Sunscreen - Banana Boat - Ultra Defense 30

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2013 10:08:00 PM More reviews by anpage

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is for the one that says Sheer Protect on the bottle. I believe the picture on the review is for another, earlier version of Ultra Defense that Banana Boat no longer makes. Just letting you know so you won't get confused when trying to find it. This is my HG sunscreen, both for face and body. I love how there is no sunscreen smell and it feels light on the skin and provides adequate sunscreen protection. I have been to an air show and to Disney World with this stuff on and never got a sunburn. This is also my daily sunscreen, which I put on before I put my makeup on. It also does not irritate my face. I have dry, sensitive skin and most sunscreens end up making my face look splotchy or red. This did not so it is a keeper.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2012 7:13:00 PM More reviews by josiecat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I liked Banana Boat Sun Wear, but they no longer make it. This is even better - it seems to be an updated and improved version of it. It feels fairly light and doen't have much of a scent. This is one of the very few chemical sunscreens that doesn't irritate my skin. It doesn't cause me to break out either. I spend a lot of time outdoors, but I use a prescription retinoid and I don't want to get sun damage. This sunscreen is protective, but as with any sunscreen, if you are going to be very active or out in the sun for more than a couple of hours, plan to reapply it. When I go for a short run I use this on both face and body. If I'm going to be outside for a long time, I tend to use a higher ppd euro s/s (Bioderma) on my face, but will still use this everywhere else. I have to admit that the Banana Boat is actually more cosmetically elegant and feels better on my skin than the Bioderma.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2011 12:09:00 PM More reviews by TopNote

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

On my second tube of this sunscreen. No loud offensive smell, not greasy and very waterproof. Unfortunately it doesnt do quite well on the face. It stings my skin on my face and eyes while swimming. Excellent for the body but beware putting it on your face.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2011 8:39:00 AM More reviews by kupo_baby

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I just found this recently but its my new HG. It goes on like a moisturizer & feels really light. No sunscreen smell (although I wish it had that nice cocnut smell that only the tanning lotions seem to have).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2011 1:13:00 PM More reviews by LittleViolet

This is my HG body sunscreen. I wear it on my arms every day and it absorbs like a regular moisturizer. It doesn't have any scent, doesn't feel heavy, and it protects really well! I used to use the Coppertone Sport spray every day but the aerosol gets really expensive and can be tacky when it dries. This stuff is GREAT and only $6 or so for a big bottle, 8oz or more! I use Neutrogena's little 3oz tubes on my face, but this stuff has a nice thin consistency that lets you blend it in with no white streaks or chalkiness.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2009 5:04:00 PM More reviews by Janay

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I found my HG body sunscreen! I've been wearing this sunscreen all summer for 6-hour long volunteer work sessions, many of which are in completely sunny areas. I've got no tan lines to show for it. The sunscreen has a light/medium-weight lotion-like consistency that moisturizes my skin as well. It is practically fragrance-free and therefore does not attract bugs or clash with any fragrances I may wear. The tube has a warning that the sunscreen may stain some fabrics but I've not had that problem.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2009 2:05:00 PM More reviews by psmitty

My favourite sunscreen ever! This inexpensive gem is incredibly reliable, non-greasy, no white cast, doesn't break me out and is barely scented. It comes in a huge squeezy tube and it cost me around $8 CDN on sale at Shoppers. It was easily less than any other options. I used to spend a lot on Aveeno, until I had patchy burns from their SPF 60. This feels like a light mosturizer, yet protects perfectly all day. Highly recommend!! Hopefully I can find the faces version in Canada soon.